Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo vs. GT2 - EDIT: Two threads now merged

Question Gallardo vs. GT2 - EDIT: Two threads now merged

Just out of curiosity, i've checked many sites that compared the GT2 and Gallardo. Some reviews on CarandDriver claimed that the 911 Turbo makes a 0-60mph in just 4.1/4.2secs. This means, without a doubt, that the GT2 accelerates 0-60mph in less than 4.1/4.2 secs. I was wondering, which car do u guys think would most definitely be faster in acceleration, the Gallardo or GT2?

Also, which would u prefer (based on design, look): Porsche GT2, 360 Modena, or Lamborghini Gallardo?
    Last edited by Gallardo-2005; 04-09-2004 at 12:48 PM.

welll i believe the GT2 wuld be quicker....its liek a street legal based race car...its such a good car, for like 460hp i believe its mad quick, it wuld keep up to a carrera GT, but obviously the CGT wuld win tho.

Wut I prefer I think a 360 or a GT2.....but in my opinion, a nice SRT-10

I dun like gallardo much looks strange.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus14433
    welll i believe the GT2 wuld be quicker....its liek a street legal based race car...its such a good car, for like 460hp i believe its mad quick, it wuld keep up to a carrera GT, but obviously the CGT wuld win tho.

i know that the posche gt2 is a dam good car but i saw a gallardo the other day and it looks anything but strange that thing is amazing
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

well the front end looks good, but the back i mean looks kinda 'strange'

Quote Originally Posted by maximus14433

Well, i wouldn't call the Gallardo strange, but unique. I mean, it is more attractive than a GT2 and a 360 Modena. It's simply the BEST, it's PERFECT!!! But what makes me ponder is that if the GT2 accelerates from 0-60mph faster than a Gallardo, or if it is the other way around. It would be most interesting if a Gallardo and GT2 would challenge each other! Wouldn't u think so?

The Bull vs. The Horse (with all due respect to the GT2, that is if i have offended it! hehe)

The Gallardo makes 0-60 in just 3.9, but what about the GT2?!
    BS Gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by Gallardo-2005
    Well, i wouldn't call the Gallardo strange, but unique. I mean, it is more attractive than a GT2 and a 360 Modena. It's simply the BEST, it's PERFECT!!! But what makes me ponder is that if the GT2 accelerates from 0-60mph faster than a Gallardo, or if it is the other way around. It would be most interesting if a Gallardo and GT2 would challenge each other! Wouldn't u think so?

The Bull vs. The Horse (with all due respect to the GT2, that is if i have offended it! hehe)

The Gallardo makes 0-60 in just 3.9, but what about the GT2?!
    Porsche 911 GT2 vs Lamborghini Gallardo

http://www.supercars.net/Comp?source...List=1423-2159
    Fasten seat belt while seated

i read the compared statistics of the gallardo & GT2 which show that the difference in acceleration is approximately 0.2 seconds which is not a big difference. the gt2's topspeed is 315.4 kph / 196.0 mph & the gallardo's is 309 kph / 192.0 mph. I also compared the modena to the 2 & it was the slowest. So i would go with the Gallardo coz its sleek , powerful & almost as quick as the GT2 which is a lovely car too. coinsidentally i saw a a blue gallardo while passing the showroom & yellow GT2 last night on the road next to a blue turbo. it speeded off leaving the turbo behind.

Cool Which Would You Choose?

If you had the money, opportunity, chance, or whatever to buy either a Gallardo or GT2, which car would you purchase and what color?

Damn i love both of them! But I could only choose one!

I've asked some people this question, their responses were numerous. Some said most definitely the Gallardo, the Bull's got it all! Other's have said the GT2, that is if their top condition was high performance! (considering that the GT2 is much more lighter in weight than the Gallardo) Although I'm beginning to think that both cars accelerate in just 3.9secs, or maybe 4.0 for the GT2!

Also, i've heard that it DOES actually make a difference if a car is just 0.1secs or 0.2secs ahead of the other car. Is this true? I mean maybe not a BIG difference but...
    BS Gallardo

I would definately go with the GT2 its more of a drivers car and it looks way better. If your buying i'll take mine in blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Are you kidding me? You are, right? hehe

Well, first of all, personally that is, i think the Gallardo looks much more unique and "different" than a GT2. The Gallardo's shape, design is simply the best Lamborghini have created! Besides, it's the Junior Bull we are talking about! The Almighty Bull! hehe

The Gallardo kind of looks like the 360 Modena, in a way, which makes it so damn irresistable! hehe u just can't NOT look at it, u get it? hehe

Plus, the GT2 looks fine too, but not as fine as a Gallardo becuz its shape is like a regular Carrera but wider and with more external options.

Personally, if i was to choose a color on one of those cars, i'd choose Orange or the types of colors that are 2-in-1. You know, once u see it orange, next thing u know it, it's red! get my point? (don't know the term for it though )

Oh and i think i'd be thinking twice if i was to purchase one of those cars becuz the GT2 could come with many options such as GPS navigation, telephone, sensors, etc. Whereas the Gallardo is just..a Gallardo! I don't think i need any additional options for a Gallardo, cuz it's a Lamborghini for Gods sake! Damn i love that car!
    BS Gallardo

Porsche.

The Gallardo isn't a real Lambo !!
    The Cala concept had a nicer rear end for me.
    I do NOT like Donckerwolke work.
    and for me, the doors open normally so it fail's the Lambo test.
    NOTHING is 'quirky' about the Gallardo, it makes a nice AUDI but never a Lamborghini.

So the Porsche gets it for being a Porsche
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Porsche.

The Gallardo isn't a real Lambo !!
    The Cala concept had a nicer rear end for me.
    I do NOT like Donckerwolke work.
    and for me, the doors open normally so it fail's the Lambo test.
    NOTHING is 'quirky' about the Gallardo, it makes a nice AUDI but never a Lamborghini.

So the Porsche gets it for being a Porsche
    i can see wear your coming from Matra, but theres a lot of lambo still there and it is beutifull.....

Exclamation

Why criticize the Almighty Bull!? Why!? It's a sin to do so!

I can't believe u don't like the Gallardo!

Either Audi designs the Gallardo or Lada, it's still...a LAMBORGHINI!
    Either the doors open normally or not, it's still...a LAMBORGHINI!

It's one of the best cars that has ever been designed! I love it's shape, it's design, performance, engine, exterior, interior, the whole nine yards!

I'm going to marry a Gallardo, cuz i'm in love! hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BS Gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by Gallardo-2005
    Why criticize the Almighty Bull!? Why!? It's a sin to do so!
    You are clearly a fan(atic) of Lamborghini
    Sorry but the Cala had nicer lines than the Gallardo.
    So hence, the Gallardo is NOT as good as it could have been.
    I blame Audi and their influence

If you think everything they do is great, then please explain the LMA 002
    ( If you get the chance watch the TopGear episode where the Stig took it round the track and listen to the CAMERAMAN LAUGHING )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes, M&A is right...we seem to have a bit of a Gallardo fanboy on our hands.

The Lambo's asthetics seem to be different to everyone. Personally, I like the back half of the car, but I really can't get used to the front. The Cala had far better lines, and comes from a point in time where car designers put more of an emphasis on beauty than (dare I say it) "creativity".

I also like the fact that the GT2 is RWD. Both of these cars are great, but I think I'm also going to have to go with the Porsche.

Definition of a Fanboy by Egg Nog

"Fanboys are people who blatantly and blindly worship a certain marque or car (or even a nationality of a car). They will endlessly promote this [car, marque, etc] at any opportunity, and they will deny any of its flaws to the bitter end."

Thread Information