View Poll Results: Which car would you pick?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

29 67.44%
  • BMW Concept M5

14 32.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New BMW M5 vs The Lamborghini Gallardo

New BMW M5 vs The Lamborghini Gallardo

Now everyone has probably seen the pics and stats of both of these amazing cars, and i have to tell you there both amazing. The Lamborghini is very expensive at 150,000 which is a little much if you ask me i would pay 130,000 at the most. Then we have the new M5 which is by far one of the sickest looking cars of this year. Which car would you have?

Lamborghini Gallardo
    Type: V10
    500 bhp @ 7800 rpm
    0-60 mph: 4.0 sec
    Top Speed: 192 mph

BMW Concept M5
    Type:V10
    Horsepower: 500 bhp @ ---- rpm
    0-125 mph : 13 secs
    Top Speed: ---
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think were comparing apples to oranges here. Seems a bit unfair for the BMW if u ask me.
    Sure the M5 is a "sports" sedan and the Lambo is a "sports" coupe, but that isnt enough to make them comparable. After all, I am a "sports" fan can u compare me to any of them ?!!
    Another thing is the big price difference, about $80k to $150k. thats almost double the price.

You cant compare these 2 cars together. If ur just asking "which car would u have" without attempting to compare them, then i would pick the lambo.
    Last edited by Misho; 04-21-2004 at 03:18 PM.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    I think were comparing apples to oranges here. Seems a bit unfair for the BMW if u ask me.
    Sure the M5 is a "sports" sedan and the Lambo is a "sports" coupe, but that isnt enough to make them comparable. After all, I am a "sports" fan can u compare me to any of them ?!!
    Another thing is the big price difference, about $80k to $150k. thats almost double the price.

You cant compare these 2 cars together.
    Yes actually you can, you obviously dont know alot about the new M5 it has a f***ing V10 and half the car is based on formula one technology. You should research a little more. O yeah and the new M5 doesn't even have a price yet its still a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ezekielrage123
    Yes actually you can, you obviously dont know alot about the new M5 it has a f***ing V10 and half the car is based on formula one technology. You should research a little more. O yeah and the new M5 doesn't even have a price yet its still a concept.
    Theres no need to be rude.
    From the number of posts/ rep that Misho has you should be able to deduce that he probably does know what he is talking about.

It would have been better for everyone if you had argued why you think that the M5 and the Gallardo can be compared rather than being insulting.

Secondly;
    No you can't compare the M5 and the Gallardo on a completely level playing field.
    So what if it has a V10, carbon composite brakes and a seven speed gear box, it doesn't change the fact that one is a mid engined sports/ supercar, and one is a high performance 4 door sedan.

They are developed in completely different ways to do different things.

The Lamborghini is designed to be a relatively practical and 'easy' to drive supercar, with focus on performance, with a few consessions to practicality and comfort.

The M5 is designed as a fast saloon, it is designed to carry 4 people (you can tell by the extra doors and seats), very fast. It has more of a compromise towards luxury, comfort, and practicality (it has a boot you can fit things into).

F1 technology does not an F1 car make...
    Thanks for all the fish

Taxi Vs Supercar

The BMW is UGLY. The art form is fitting all that driving tech inside a shape that looks beautiful and performs as well. This is where the BMW fails.

Using F1 technology is a bit like like "Superglue, as used by the Astronauts" or that ironing board cover developed by NASA (coated with PTFE).

I think the BMW is beautiful and I dont like where Lamborghini is going with the Murcielago and Gallardo. I prefer the pure italian beasts the Diablo and Countach alot more

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Theres no need to be rude.
    From the number of posts/ rep that Misho has you should be able to deduce that he probably does know what he is talking about.

It would have been better for everyone if you had argued why you think that the M5 and the Gallardo can be compared rather than being insulting.

Secondly;
    No you can't compare the M5 and the Gallardo on a completely level playing field.
    So what if it has a V10, carbon composite brakes and a seven speed gear box, it doesn't change the fact that one is a mid engined sports/ supercar, and one is a high performance 4 door sedan.

They are developed in completely different ways to do different things.

The Lamborghini is designed to be a relatively practical and 'easy' to drive supercar, with focus on performance, with a few consessions to practicality and comfort.

The M5 is designed as a fast saloon, it is designed to carry 4 people (you can tell by the extra doors and seats), very fast. It has more of a compromise towards luxury, comfort, and practicality (it has a boot you can fit things into).

F1 technology does not an F1 car make...
    Ok, well i didn't mean to be rude, but ive been in both cars (not the new M5) and i think that based on the stats and how amazing a car the M5 is and yes i know its big for comparing it to the Lambo but still in a race it would stand a chance which is why i compared the two, plus this is a new model from BMW. O yeah and if you didn't know the old M5 can be tuned to stand a VERY GOOD chance against 575 Maranello. So it doesnt matter if the car has 4 doors and a Trunk.
    Last edited by ezekielrage123; 04-21-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Ok, well i didn't mean to be rude, but ive been in both cars (not the new M5) and i think that based on the stats and how amazing a car the M5 is and yes i know its big for comparing it to the Lambo but still in a race it would stand a chance which is why i compared the two, plus this is a new model from BMW, and if you didn't know can be tuned to stand a VERY GOOD chance against 575 Maranello. So it doesnt matter if the car has 4 doors and a Trunk.
    You posted the pic of a Hamman M3.

About this thread: Those 2 cars can't really be compared IMO. Much different from one another. I did cast my vote....for the Lambo.

Sry i have alot of Hamann pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    About this thread: Those 2 cars can't really be compared IMO. Much different from one another. I did cast my vote....for the Lambo.
    Well i think BMW did a pretty good job. It also suprises me that you would rather have a lambo (made by audi) which looks horrible on the inside, i think lambo could have done a nicer job for 150 grand. The M5 i think is a better car to have because you can carry all your friends in it, most people think its just another Beamer cuz it doesn't look like anything special unless you know what M with three stripes means. For a cheaper price, more room, and plenty of speed........im sorry but im going with BMW.
    Last edited by ezekielrage123; 04-21-2004 at 06:46 PM.

Well i think BMW did a pretty good job.

No one is arguing that

So you would rather have the Lamborghini is that what your saying?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that BMW is one ugly hunk of junk. It's styling is horrible. The gallardo is a much more beautiful... I also think it's faster (not sure). So my pick goes to the lambo... And with a lambo I bet you get more chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that BMW is one ugly hunk of junk. It's styling is horrible. The gallardo is a much more beautiful... I also think it's faster (not sure). So my pick goes to the lambo... And with a lambo I bet you get more chicks.
    Try Counting the seats again lol
    Last edited by ezekielrage123; 04-21-2004 at 07:13 PM.

The M5 i think is a better car to have because you can carry all your friends in it, most people think its just another Beamer cuz it doesn't look like anything special unless you know what M with three stripes means. For a cheaper price, more room, and plenty of speed........im sorry but im going with BMW.
    THAT IS WHY these 2 cars CANNOT be compared. Seats, price, sedan/sports etc etc....

I'm 19 I don't care, all my friends got cars. If my girlfriend fits in the co-pilot seat then great I don't need anything else.

The M5 is a great car, but if these 2 are my choices I'll take the Gallardo.
    Why? because IMO looks better, probably better handling and accel, and I betcha that it turns a lot more heads.

It all depends on what you need the car for.

It also suprises me that you would rather have a lambo (made by audi)
    Surprise that somebody wants a Lamborghini over a BMW ??????????????

And what's wrong with Audi?

Thread Information