Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: skyline gtr32 vs supra twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
    That supra is a thing of beauty. I love those deep dish rims.
    you are kidding, right?
    it's a joke. definitely.

now that I saw that golden piece of steel, my washing machine looks sexy.
    you are talking about making the car something special, unique, interesting, new...that is the average car of every ricer around the world.
    you are not thinking out of the box, you are not going to have a beautiful car, you are not going to own something special.
    if it satisfy your tastes, good for you, it's your car. but it's objectively rubbish.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The older I get the more I tend to differentiate between the need to "modify" and the need to keep original. There are some cars that are of such an age, it's blasphemy to modify them.

Would anyone here modify an original Phase III GTHO?

Would any of you guys paint a Walkinshaw pink and put gold rims on it and a cheap interior?

I believe it's okay to modify certain cars for individuality providing that these cars have not attained true collectibility or classic status. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but I must agree with most of you guys that the modded Supra is tasteless and rather "yesterday". The tuner scene has moved on from chrome and neons and wild wings and has embraced the powder-coat look with a touch of polished alloy for effect.

Those kids who have garishly painted cars, cheap Korean rims and Chinese tyres with poorly fitted exhausts and neons are 5-10 years behind the times. K-Mart specials are not things of beauty.

The local tuner scene here in Melbourne has moved on to Euros, most serious guys are using Audi's BMW's and Mercs for their chosen rides, slick paint, clever interiors, mega-dollar ICE and adjustable suspension with dishes. Bodykits and wings have been dumped for the minimalist-look that doesn't attract the attention of the police.

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
    The older I get the more I tend to differentiate between the need to "modify" and the need to keep original. There are some cars that are of such an age, it's blasphemy to modify them.

Would anyone here modify an original Phase III GTHO?

Would any of you guys paint a Walkinshaw pink and put gold rims on it and a cheap interior?

I believe it's okay to modify certain cars for individuality providing that these cars have not attained true collectibility or classic status. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but I must agree with most of you guys that the modded Supra is tasteless and rather "yesterday". The tuner scene has moved on from chrome and neons and wild wings and has embraced the powder-coat look with a touch of polished alloy for effect.

Those kids who have garishly painted cars, cheap Korean rims and Chinese tyres with poorly fitted exhausts and neons are 5-10 years behind the times. K-Mart specials are not things of beauty.

The local tuner scene here in Melbourne has moved on to Euros, most serious guys are using Audi's BMW's and Mercs for their chosen rides, slick paint, clever interiors, mega-dollar ICE and adjustable suspension with dishes. Bodykits and wings have been dumped for the minimalist-look that doesn't attract the attention of the police.

you can mess uo with a Benz too though

oh my...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post

yes, but only to see if it is actually possible to make it even uglier
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    Just don't. Seriously, don't.

And also you cannot compare that monstrosity to Phar Lap, for Phar Lap is a thing of class, pure natural power & will and Immense Historic Beauty.
    jesus christ you talk alot of utter shit

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    jesus christ you talk alot of utter shit
    Isn't it the troof.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

I stand corrected.

That Benz is FUGLY!

And yes, it is possible to make Walkys look uglier.

Ford tried to do so when they pulled out the EL GT!

you got that one right.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

another supra skyline thread.. **sigh
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Thread Information