Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GT-R (R35) 2007-

DSG is classed as Auto, From my understanding.

The changes - albeit by Paddle - are blurred by having the two clutches - creating a smooth change - but it's still an Automatic because of just pressing a button. You don't call paddle-shifts regular manuals, not be any stretch.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yep that's the one
    Do they sell that car in Australia?

They're pretty nice alternatives to the BMW 3 Series.

I saw the new G37 Coupe the other day. Very good looking car there.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Do they sell that car in Australia?

They're pretty nice alternatives to the BMW 3 Series.

I saw the new G37 Coupe the other day. Very good looking car there.
    not officially, i don't think. you can pick them up from an importer, though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Its unfortunate that they couldn't at least make it as attractive as the R34.
    ???

Also, whats with not having a 6-speed manual?
    Agreed!

I bet within about 10 years these cars will be high on the list of "make sure you buy one thats been religiously maintained," for fear of all the tech bills to potentially come. Even brand new, it scares me.
    I think Quintin Wilson just says that about cars made after 1984... Honestly, if you're going to buy a used performance car, it's just good advice to seek out one that can prove it's been taken care of the best way possible. I would'nt buy an old 300zxtt without looking around for one that has the best service history I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    DSG is classed as Auto, From my understanding.

The changes - albeit by Paddle - are blurred by having the two clutches - creating a smooth change - but it's still an Automatic because of just pressing a button. You don't call paddle-shifts regular manuals, not be any stretch.
    Nor do you call DSG just automatics......

Traditional automatics(as the way Mercedes, Jaguar, uses in their high performance car) are planetary gearset with torque converter. DSG, SMG or F1 whatnot are still using the same gearbox system as a regular manual(meaning multiple shafts, gears, shifting by forks...), with either a clutch control by computer, or 2 clutches as in the case of DSG and control by computer.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I just found a dyno video of VQ38DETT in the skyline, Damn japanese measure their power and tourque in stuff called Kw and Nm's. Dont they know that standard units for measuring is HP and ft/lb

http://www.nissan.co.jp/GT-R/R35/071...000002y0ac.swf
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

I still think the r32 was the best of the recent skylines. Defintly the best looking (imo) it was the lightest of the awd ones it also had more charactor then the others too.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Some info from a magazine on the new GTR. The gearbox + drivetrain looks very interesting indeed, and I can't believe they managed to make it fit under U-LEV regs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The Emissions bit is VERY interesting. Good Work Nissan!

Now make it less ugly.

Now make it less ugly.
    Managing to produce as much emissions as a hybrid car do with a twin turbo V6 pushing out 473 bhp is indeed a great achievement.

About the looks... well, just wait for the zillion aftermarket parts. I'm sure at least one of them will make the car looks slightly better without screaming rice.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Now make it less ugly.
    You just want everything now dont you

It not enough they are aiming to make a 911 competitor that gos well,stops well and even makes emissions! you also want it to look good this is a skyline where talking about they have a long history of ugly cars
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I suppose being ugly is a Skyline trademark -but at least it could have been characterfully ugly - it just looks like an amorphous blob with two beady little eyes and a motorcycle helmet on.

I suppose being ugly is a Skyline trademark -but at least it could have been characterfully ugly - it just looks like an amorphous blob with two beady little eyes and a motorcycle helmet on.
    DR30 and R32 and alot of the even earlyer ones looked ok IMO (good in the case of r32) but the r31,r33,r34 i found quite ugly.

Descriptions just as lairy as the car itself but agreed the DR30 was "characterfully ugly" to the point I liked it so I suppose they could work on that.

The R32 was typical of the time - sleek, long planes of design, make it look low and wide, but completely devoid of personality. that is until you fiddle with wings and whatnot. I happen to think they look gorgeous because they are unadorned and focus on the functionality.

The R33 took a luxury route - and thus the car got a lot larger. they tried to give it more character with some sculpting of the wheelarches and a stroke here and there....it just ended up looking obese. It also bought into the 90's trend of integrated spoilers - see also the Toyota Corolla hatchback and Mazda Lantis/323 Astina.

The R34 squared things back up again after the Aerodynamic work of the R33 - which appears to be a backward step. however it became more masculine, easier to modify (square edges are always easier to match than round ones) and didn't end up looking too bad as a whole. however the car has so many shutlines - particularly around the rear "stove burners" - which genuinely look like R31 style tail Lights (ie; an afterthought).

Now this takes the worst of everything - it looks bloated, the rear lights don't integrate well, and it's characterless when seen from front on - and adds some pretty cool tech.

I suppose it's like the WRX - so ugly only it's mother could love it, but my god what it can do on the road. It's like the saying "ugly girls try harder"

The R32 was typical of the time - sleek, long planes of design, make it look low and wide, but completely devoid of personality. that is until you fiddle with wings and whatnot. I happen to think they look gorgeous because they are unadorned and focus on the functionality.

The R33 took a luxury route - and thus the car got a lot larger. they tried to give it more character with some sculpting of the wheelarches and a stroke here and there....it just ended up looking obese. It also bought into the 90's trend of integrated spoilers - see also the Toyota Corolla hatchback and Mazda Lantis/323 Astina.

The R34 squared things back up again after the Aerodynamic work of the R33 - which appears to be a backward step. however it became more masculine, easier to modify (square edges are always easier to match than round ones) and didn't end up looking too bad as a whole. however the car has so many shutlines - particularly around the rear "stove burners" - which genuinely look like R31 style tail Lights (ie; an afterthought).

Now this takes the worst of everything - it looks bloated, the rear lights don't integrate well, and it's characterless when seen from front on - and adds some pretty cool tech.

I suppose it's like the WRX - so ugly only it's mother could love it, but my god what it can do on the road. It's like the saying "ugly girls try harder"
    Dr30 and the R32 are without a doubt the most simple a design trait I happen to find very appealing in a car (scarey huh? we agree on somthing so subjective) Kind of compliments its time in the ATCC "Was there for pupose! not there to make friend!"

R33=fad car bigger rounder and as you mentioned intergrated spoilers but still many advances made areodynamics for one and also rear seat room grew many inches and it wasnt much heavier then the previous car.

tThis is where we drift apart I personally find the r34s plain square offensive as its areodynamic footwork made on the r33 was removed and it has acres of plain metal which unlike the r32 does not look purposeful also its wieght Grew rather dramitcally and they added alot of gimicky technology to it. While always an advanced peice of machineary they made it suprisgly simple with the earlier models but with the r34 they added hundreds of kilos of wank factor to it!

Agread on the current one still.

And the WRX Has grown up gone of the days of her in your face attitude and looks and in with her more middle aged changes more subtle and slightly more homely but at least shes still a fine athlete And we are yet to see the STi yet....

Thread Information