Thread: SEMA Show 2008 highlights ...

SEMA Show 2008 highlights ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

While most of America and the world for that matter was concentrating on a historic election, the automotive industry gathered in Las Vegas for the annual SEMA Show. Organized by the Specialty Equipment Market Association, it is the largest gathering for automotive aftermarket parts. Being a trade show, it is not open to the public.
    To showcase their own and other suppliers' products, many manufacturers create exciting concept cars specifically for the SEMA Show. At General Motors the brand new Camaro took center stage. Among the various versions launched, the Camaro GS Racecar is our clear favorite. Painted in the Sunoco colors of the late 1960s Camaro TransAm racing car, it brings back fond memories of the partnership between driver Mark Donohue and team owner Roger Penske. With the Mustang and Challenger also revived, maybe it's time to bring back TransAm? Another exciting Camaro is the LS7 Concept, which as the name suggests boasts the 550 bhp LS7 crate engine.
    At the Ford booth motorsport was also high on the agenda with the introduction of the Mustang Cobra Jet drag racer and the F-150 SVT Raptor R built for extreme off-road events like the Baja 1000 km. Also on display was the tamed down production version of the raptor.
    The Asian brands also enjoy much success in the aftermarket world and have an ever stronger presence at SEMA. Toyota teamed up with five axis to create this wild Yaris Club in the style of the Toyota 7 Can-Am car of old. Hyundai celebrated the introduction of the rear wheel drive Genesis. The highlight of their display was this Genesis Coupe turned into a racing car by Rhys Millen.

Enjoy the links:

2008 Chevrolet Camaro Black Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Chevrolet Camaro GS Racecar Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Chevrolet Camaro LS7 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Ford Mustang FR500 Cobra Jet - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Hyundai Genesis Rhys Millen Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 Toyota Yaris Club Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

any cars at the SEMA that meet today's demands?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Well there was a diesel a Jetta somewhere...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well there was a diesel a Jetta somewhere...
    yeah, but this show is supposed to give an overview of the capabilities of the American automotive industry isn't it? (and yes I know VW has a plant there)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    My demands include that Sunoco Camaro.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    yes, the old one....

anyone else strangely attracted to the camaro GS racer?
    first time i've actually liked the new camaro.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    anyone else strangely attracted to the camaro GS racer?
    first time i've actually liked the new camaro.
    Here is your answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post

(Ted Joans)

Yep me likey too.

And apparently it will be raced on some American race series. Altough probably not with the classic Penskee livery.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

question about the ford FR500 cobrajet - is that a typo in the release? supercharged 5.4L making 400hp?
    doesn't seem to justify those silly drag wheels on the front but that's a different issue
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information