Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new camaro on assembly line

nasty dogg. doggy dogg
    stereotonin

It's not a bad car. Holden's blood runs under it's skin.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Yeah, I will say the GM engineers are probably not to bad, and they do have some interesting idea's etc. The biggest problem is probably due to the bureaucracy at GM especially now that their money reserves are drying up, so they'll be even tougher and slower with releasing new models.

If they cut down on the bureaucracy, and would release the models sooner. They would probably be a lot better off. As it is, they release models well beyond when they may have worked.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Yeah, I will say the GM engineers are probably not to bad, and they do have some interesting idea's etc. The biggest problem is probably due to the bureaucracy at GM especially now that their money reserves are drying up, so they'll be even tougher and slower with releasing new models.

If they cut down on the bureaucracy, and would release the models sooner. They would probably be a lot better off. As it is, they release models well beyond when they may have worked.
    I don't think the delay this car is suffering is due to burocracy. they showed the concept about 4 years ago, and afaik it took a while for them to decide to produce it or not, so it didn't take much more time than other cars.
    even the concept was late in first place, 3 or 4 years later than the Mustang Concept bringing back the look of the original model.
    also, releasing a car so similar to a concept which wasn't nothing astonishing (I don't like it, I can understand why someone like it, but it's nothing new, groundbreaking etc) is the first error, since people are expecting something new, something new. it's even worst when you show the car more than one year before than making it actually available.
    the car got old already.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the car got old already.
    I think that this sums up tis car's main problem nicely.

Especially considering that even Chrysler was faster with the Challenger.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Awesome. I want one.
    Everyone who is whining about it being inappropriate or at the wrong time should stop to consider how boring the automotive world would be without inappropriate, pretentious cars like this. Even the MD of Ferrari commented on the fact that there were still people around stupid enough to buy their cars. It’s a niche and it is a welcome distraction from front wheel drive econo boxes. Those who can, should, while they still can.
    Obviously aesthetics is all subjective so you are excused.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Awesome. I want one.
    Everyone who is whining about it being inappropriate or at the wrong time should stop to consider how boring the automotive world would be without inappropriate, pretentious cars like this. Even the MD of Ferrari commented on the fact that there were still people around stupid enough to buy their cars. It’s a niche and it is a welcome distraction from front wheel drive econo boxes. Those who can, should, while they still can.
    Obviously aesthetics is all subjective so you are excused.
    from my point of view, the critics this car is receiving, also from my self, aren't related to its nature, the fact of being a big 2 door pony car, not fuel efficient, smart, or technologically advanced.
    rather, unveiling a car basing a good part of chance to be a success on the old-school look while there already are two competitors, and in one case even cheaper and lighter (Mustang), it's a mistake from the financial/marketing point of view.
    Also it took so much to create the concept, and then to convert it to a road going car.
    something completely unrelated to the nature of the car.
    it could have been even the new Yaris, and my points would still be the same.
    the Camaro just seems to be the GM's version of the Mustang. they should have added some more original and personal touches here and there, and I'm not talking about the styling.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I thought this car was delayed. Some one told me not to long ago the Camaro was on hold until further notice. Maybe they started making them when gas prices fell, for a month...

The rear end of this car really doesn't look right...still gunna be quite the car though

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    from my point of view, the critics this car is receiving, also from my self, aren't related to its nature, the fact of being a big 2 door pony car, not fuel efficient, smart, or technologically advanced.
    rather, unveiling a car basing a good part of chance to be a success on the old-school look while there already are two competitors, and in one case even cheaper and lighter (Mustang), it's a mistake from the financial/marketing point of view.
    Also it took so much to create the concept, and then to convert it to a road going car.
    something completely unrelated to the nature of the car.
    it could have been even the new Yaris, and my points would still be the same.
    the Camaro just seems to be the GM's version of the Mustang. they should have added some more original and personal touches here and there, and I'm not talking about the styling.
    Three if you count in the Hyundai Genesis, something I find to be more interesting than the Camaro. Hyundai hasn't really made sports cars. Chevy/GM has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I thought this car was delayed. Some one told me not to long ago the Camaro was on hold until further notice. Maybe they started making them when gas prices fell, for a month...
    I think the convertible version was delayed.

they will make the GS racer version for public use, yes?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Three if you count in the Hyundai Genesis, something I find to be more interesting than the Camaro. Hyundai hasn't really made sports cars. Chevy/GM has in the past.
    I doubt the Genesis Coupé caters the same market as the Camaro (or the Mustang or the Challenger).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I doubt the Genesis Coupé caters the same market as the Camaro (or the Mustang or the Challenger).
    No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It has a V-6 for sure and a turbo 4 banger. It practically is a competitor for the Mustang, Camaro and the 370Z. The 370Z doesn't have a V-8 either. It still competes with the Mustang, and surely the Camaro too.

Sure the dumb average muscle car fan will definitely not like the Genesis. But smarter consumers will.

Plus, it might get the V-8 from the Genesis sedan.

Thread Information