Thread: How come...?

How come...?

I know this seems really outdated knowing that the sequel is out now, but how come on the first Test Drive: Unlimited the R34 Skyline is left hand drive? Plus, as somebody else pointed out, the Alfa Romeo GT is RWD. I know its an arcade racer, but even so, they should get at least something simple components for the cars right. I mean, I kind of understand why the Skyline is LHD, to accommodate more worldwide audiences, but it still isn't even necessary .

They most likely did it as LHD because if they had any RHD cars they would have to create a separate animation for a left-hand gear shift. I promise 99% of players don't know the R34 GTR only comes in RHD, so from their point of view it was a no brainer.

As for the RWD thing. I presume that all cars in TD:U are RWD, so they would have to spend a lot of time and money developing a physics engine to handle FWD cars ... it's not really worth the price for just one car.

Also RWD is fun. FWD usually entails understeer ... understeer only leads to disappointment. FACT.

(I come back to post on some strange things, eh?)

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    They most likely did it as LHD because if they had any RHD cars they would have to create a separate animation for a left-hand gear shift. I promise 99% of players don't know the R34 GTR only comes in RHD, so from their point of view it was a no brainer.

As for the RWD thing. I presume that all cars in TD:U are RWD, so they would have to spend a lot of time and money developing a physics engine to handle FWD cars ... it's not really worth the price for just one car.

Also RWD is fun. FWD usually entails understeer ... understeer only leads to disappointment. FACT.

Welll, I suppose that would make sense...

company did the conversion in a hope to increase US sales. ( afaik they never made more than one too expensive )
    BUT, I concur they got lazy
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post

You're right, I haven't seen your name around in ages.

In TDU, all cars are not RWD. There are quite a few AWDs.
    But I think you'd be right in saying there are no FWDs, so it's possible they couldn't be bothered trying to figure out how FWD cars handle. Still, I think a better solution would be to disclude the GT entirely. It's not very good.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    I know this seems really outdated knowing that the sequel is out now, but how come on the first Test Drive: Unlimited the R34 Skyline is left hand drive? Plus, as somebody else pointed out, the Alfa Romeo GT is RWD. I know its an arcade racer, but even so, they should get at least something simple components for the cars right. I mean, I kind of understand why the Skyline is LHD, to accommodate more worldwide audiences, but it still isn't even necessary .
    Do the other company need conversion to increase their sales?

I'm an avid iRacer but I'm strictly road so don't know if we'd ever cross paths. I never had any previous Papy titles...my experience was with Simbin titles before.

Roy Visser is also.

Roy actually helped me out a lot in getting my sim career going.

Thread Information