Thread: Miami Auto Show '09

Miami Auto Show '09

So I decided to go this year to actually sit on cars and give them a thorough look instead of just going to the exotics' section to snap photos. A few things that I'd like to mention, feel free to comment:

- Lancer EVO X seats, very racy, cool, etc.. but extremely hard and uncomfortable, I couldn't imagine myself having one as a daily driver.

- Subaru STI... Aside from the power/handling, where are the US $36,000 (before taxes)? Very plain and simple, a true racer without a doubt, but not worth that much!

- The new Mazda 6 is nothing special.

- Seems like every single car (except for Volvo) is competing to see who has the most buttons on the dash/steering wheel. The Honda Accord seemed particularly crazy with 10 buttons on the friggin steering wheel.

- The Charger and the Camaro are humongous, they make a Mustang look like a Lotus Elise.... not sure if I like that.

- Everything in the Nissan line has "start engine" buttons, ipod connectivity, button-invaded steering wheels, heated seats, etc etc.. except for the 350Z, which makes me want it even more reminding me that it is a representation a modern Japanese Muscle without fancy gadgets.

- The new front of Acura models is disgusting, the cars seemed incredibly nice inside, but the front silver plates are just plain ugly, not cool Acura!

- First time I ever see a Veyron, Enzo, and Spykers (they've never featured them before in Miami). I almost bought the Enzo, but I didn't have $750,000 lying around... + paddle shifts are boring.

- Volvos have the worst interiors ever.

- New, fully equipped Honda Fit for msrp US $18,000?? Did Honda smoke an EggRoll?? You gotta be kidding me.

Other than that, the show was alright. I wish they would make it as big as Detroit, NY, LA, etc.. There's certainly enough money in Florida to make a bigger statement.

Oh, and Scion had a killer display and giving away a bunch of free stuff... Seems like they're desperately seeking for sales (attached pic #5)
    Attached Images Attached Images

why did you not put your wife in front of the SLR, that would give at least something interesting to see in pic 1....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    why did you not put your wife in front of the SLR, that would give at least something interesting to see in pic 1....
    lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    - Subaru STI... Aside from the power/handling, where are the US $36,000 (before taxes)?
    In the power and handling?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    - First time I ever see a Veyron, Enzo, and Spykers (they've never featured them before in Miami). I almost bought the Enzo, but I didn't have $750,000 lying around... + paddle shifts are boring.
    Dude you should have called! I have that in pocket change.

- New, fully equipped Honda Fit for msrp US $18,000?? Did Honda smoke an EggRoll?? You gotta be kidding me.
    Good point. There are far better alternatives for $18,000 considering a Civic Si starts at $21,000. What exactly does fully equipped get you in a Fit?

Does the Scion display remind anyone of this?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Dude you should have called! I have that in pocket change.

Good point. There are far better alternatives for $18,000 considering a Civic Si starts at $21,000. What exactly does fully equipped get you in a Fit?
    /JammersMatchboxVintageSuperfast.jpg[/IMG]
    You know, stuff on the steering wheel to adjust the radio, mp3 ready, cruise control, moonroof, navigation system, etc. Still way too much for that car.

Thread Information