Thread: FXX on the roads

FXX on the roads

Just read about some guy in Europe that went to hit the roads in his FXX. Illegal drives, of course... But finally he decided to make his Ferrari road-legal. And you know, he was answered that it is quite possible, and he even doesn't need to rebuild the car, except some minor changes. Though he would pay about 10% of the car's price, i.e. near $250.000...
    Don't know who it is and where exactly did it happen, but here's the first FXX "stolen" from Ferrari program. Unless it is someone's bad joke.

how much did he have to do. i mean it is just a modified enzo but he did have to mess with the engine or change the muflers or something.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    how much did he have to do. i mean it is just a modified enzo but he did have to mess with the engine or change the muflers or something.
    Unfortunately, I don't know. I wrote all I knew...

I can imagine tere'd have to be some changes in the suspension. The muflers would have to be adapted, perhaps lights would have to be added and sharp edge's removed and probably some more But as always, with money everything is possible.
    Last edited by drakkie; 11-01-2007 at 09:57 AM.

I bet Ferrari isn't very happy. This was a development program, it was for track days and to be updated, the owners can't sell them I don't think and as why not just go out and get an Enzo, the purpose of this car isn't for the street, it would suck on the street. It just seems stupid to me, but hey what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I can imagine tere'd have to be some changes in the suspension. The muflers would have to be adapted, perhaps lights would have to be added and sharp edge's removed and probably some more But as always, with money everything is possible.
    Man, are you sure these are 'minor changes'?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Man, are you sure these are 'minor changes'?
    Especially when put on a English license almost everything will be approved or the streets.. The Tiger R6 kitcar we have been working on will also be shipped there, put on a British license and be shipped back and much easier be put on a Dutch license.

Department for Transport - The Single Vehicle Approval Scheme

Switzerland! SWITZERLAND! Anywhere but there - amazing!

Hey, wait a minute – we thought you couldn't actually purchase the Ferrari FXX, let alone take one out to cavort on the streets of Switzerland. The way it was originally explained, people with 2.5 million dollars to dispose of could purchase the privelege to plant their hindquarters in the driver's seat for Maranello-sanctioned track events. You've got to have some serious juice to get an FXX to begin with, and then to get it legalized for use in Switzerland takes even more pull. When we say "crazy rich" we don't mean nutty with lots of money. "Crazy rich" in this instance means Scrooge McDuck style swimming in dubloons. Looking in the background of these pictures, you can see lesser vehicles fleeing for their lives. The FXX is keeping a particularly close eye on a tasty Fiat at one point. What's apparently going down in the photos is an FXX getting legally tagged for street driving after being gone over by inspectors in Zurich. The price of the inspection and tags was reportedly around $250,000, a mere ten percent of the initial cost. With an FXX as your personal car, you won't have to worry about blending in, and we must say it's refreshing to see a Ferrari in a color besides Rosso Corsa.
    Source: Autoblog

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    there are lights in the back in a stock FXX, even indicators

however i'm still not convinced. you can't hit the street with exhaust tips so high as it'd smoke people; note there aren't any pics of it being used on the street (in front of foitek dealership i assume), it may have been just deloaded from a truck and that's it. that car haven't been to any of FXX events and to the best of my knowledge it changed hands without the knowledge of ferrari
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    note there aren't any pics of it being used on the street
    Don't worry, I did Actually, I don't understand this, too. At last, would it pass 'sound exams', CO2 and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Don't worry, I did Actually, I don't understand this, too. At last, would it pass 'sound exams', CO2 and so on?
    I highly doubt it, because the engine isn't tuned to be in the slightest bit to be thrifty with gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    why not just go out and get an Enzo
    Exactly my thougths!

So let's recap, he paid a premium to have a track only car, and then he paid lots to get the car to road standards. Some people have too much money!
    Zag when they Zig

if u can afford one, i'm sure u can pay off the cops!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Hell yeah, if I had one of these I'd take it for midnight street blasts all the time. Blue and red lights pull up behind you? All it'd take is one press of the accelerator, goodbye.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

actually the car is so fast...the cops would sense that something light blue jusy flew by and then 2 seconds later...after its gone...the sound wave comes rumbling behind

"did you see that billy?" "see what fred?" "That light blue flash of light that just went by" "huh?"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH RROOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!

lol @ my "fxx sound"
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information