Nikon D90
    02-05-2009

pat_ernzen
    Arizona California
    May 8th, 2009
    Canon 20D w/ Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
    @50mm, f2.8, 1/60s, ISO400

Good luck to the two of you this week!
    Last edited by zeppelin; 05-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

fezza or fezza?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Pat!! That shot is awesome! :]

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    Pat!! That shot is awesome! :]
    In all honesty, would you care to explain why you say that?
    I personally think the white line on the road spoils it greatly, while the blob (whatever that is) on the left lower corner is disturbing. If the car was specially positioned for a shoot, I would have put it otherwise. I think it is a typical case of the Civic rule, if that car had not been a California but say a Pontiac Solstice, the number of votes would probably have been less. (this is not meant to revive the feud we had in the past, Pat, but a comment to this shot).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    In all honesty, would you care to explain why you say that?
    I personally think the white line on the road spoils it greatly, while the blob (whatever that is) on the left lower corner is disturbing. If the car was specially positioned for a shoot, I would have put it otherwise. I think it is a typical case of the Civic rule, if that car had not been a California but say a Pontiac Solstice, the number of votes would probably have been less. (this is not meant to revive the feud we had in the past, Pat, but a comment to this shot).
    It wasn't positioned for a shoot. It was a sort of unveil/preview thing for local FCA members at a local dealership. And I disagree with basically all your critiques, honestly. Obviously it's very possible I'm biased, but I could've easily cropped away the road edge/curb at the top of the frame and the little bit in the lower left (part of the railing/walkway I was standing on), but I actually like them, along with the road line (which I could've easily PSed out). I like the way the three different curves (bottom, middle, top) intersect with the brick strip in the road and the car itself. To me, at least, they all sort of draw my eye to the car, not distract from it. That was my thought process, at least.

I'll be behind the wheel of one in about seven hours... I'm pretty excited about it. I hope it isn't this particular car, though, as I'd like to see it in a different color combo and it would be nice for photos if it wasn't the same car. Someone said they saw a black one driving around town, so I'm hoping it's that car.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

I personally think the white line on the road spoils it greatly,
    i never noticed that until you pointed it out
    niggles but doesn't 'ruin' the photo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Pat, I am very much aware of how you could have "technically" dealt with my points if you had wanted to. The way the picture looks right now does not make it special to me at all, and hence I asked Basman to explain about his enthusiasm., that's all. (I had not realized that you would step in at a time when the rest of Arizona must be sound asleep...)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Pat, I am very much aware of how you could have "technically" dealt with my points if you had wanted to. The way the picture looks right now does not make it special to me at all, and hence I asked Basman to explain about his enthusiasm., that's all. (I had not realized that you would step in at a time when the rest of Arizona must be sound asleep...)
    Yeah, I decided to just skip sleeping last night. It's ~6:30am now and I'm driving the California at 9. I'm not much of a morning person and I had a lot of writing/work to do, so I figured this works well.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

Thread Information