Thread: Rare McLaren F1 headed for auction, Jaguar XJ13 tribute and track-day Kia Stinger

Rare McLaren F1 headed for auction, Jaguar XJ13 tribute and track-day Kia Stinger

August is fast approaching and for car enthusiasts that means the Monterey car week is nearly upon us. Among the highlights of the week filled with activities are the auctions with RM Sotheby's looking set to grab many headlines with their three-day sale. We have just added the full lot list and will highlight many of the stars in the coming weeks. One certainly not to miss out on is this McLaren F1. Originally sold to Japan, it was later substantially upgraded at the factory, receiving both the high downforce kit and a F1 LM specification engine. One of just two examples currently in existence boasting this specification, chassis 018 is expected to find a new owner for well over $20 million.
    Famous for racing Jaguars with great success during the 1950s, Ecurie Ecosse have now created a tribute to the famous mid-engined XJ13 sports prototype that eventually was never actually raced. Dubbed the LM69, it is named after one of the editions of Le Mans for which the XJ13 would have been eligible had 25 examples been built. Accordingly, production of the LM69 is strictly limited to 25 cars. It can be ordered with a similar V12 engine as fitted to the original or a further modified and more powerful seven-litre version of Jaguar's famous twelve-cylinder engine.
    The 'skunk works' at Kia Motors, meanwhile, have created a lighter and more powerful track-day only version of the Stinger. Intended to remain strictly a one-off, the Stinger GT420 is powered by a 420bhp version of the road-legal version's V6 engine while the interior has been stripped down to reduce weight.

Enjoy the links:

2019 Ecurie Ecosse LM69 - Images, Specifications and Information

2019 Kia Stinger GT420 - Images, Specifications and Information

1994 McLaren F1 - Chassis 018 - Ultimatecarpage.com
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

So, if I were to be childish, it may be prudent to note that two car companies decided to launch cars with the numbers "69" and "420" in them, within the same week.

Are we living in an internet meme?!

I must be getting old because I don't see it...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't worry, Ferrer; you've always been old.

Speaking of... I really like the LM69, even if I don't really see the point.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Hahaha. I am.

I don't see the point of the LM69 either.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information