156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ferrari F430

92 58.97%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

64 41.03%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F430 vs Lamborghini Gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by adperrak
    Then I would answear that he had never owned one to know... I drive a Lamborghini Gallardo (manual gearbox) for about a year now
    pics please?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The entire "marketing" around the Ferrari idea pisses me off. Is it because of the formula one or because of it's wider model range compared to Lamborghini in an attempt to kick off the scene Lamborghini and as a result the all-mighty AUDI group and monopolise the supercar industry? Lambo with AUDI on its side is a very agressive competitor both to Ferrari as well as to Porsche. This has scared to death Ferrari which wasted no time in launching the F430. A good example of Lambo's potentials against its rivals is the brand new LP640.

Another element which drives me crazy about Ferrari is it's lack of reliability and practicality. Ok, someone might argue that this is how a supercar should be. Then I would answear that he had never owned one to know... I drive a Lamborghini Gallardo (manual gearbox) for about a year now and compared to some friends of mine who own Ferraris I am the sole person who spends the less time repairing silly little electrical problems and leakages having done the most kilometers! (I use the car everyday even in heavy trafic conditions)

Don't listen to what testdrivers say... Listen to what owners have experienced! This is what realy matters. FORCA LAMBO
    Welcome to UCP and I do hope you will enjoy it. There are a few house rules though, which are aimed at preventing unjustified ownership claims. As you can imagine, it is very easy to post that one owns this or that car and in an effort to keep the forums free of posers, we (Egg-Nog) has developed what is now called the Egg-Nog test, where you post a picture of a piece of paper, with either your username or UCP on it, attached to the car. In your case, having a manual car, the gearshifter would be the most appropriate place.
    I am sure you will understand the nature of this test
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Here you go...

Is this sufficient? You can also check the VIN.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More evidence

Front. Except from the Lambo, I have attached a couple of pictures of my previous car, a maserati spyder GT which I can use as an extra argument to support my opinion regarding Ferrari's lack of reliability. The Maserati 4200 GT has the same engine as the Ferrari F430 has only with some modifications. Both engines are manufactured in the same factory by Ferrari.

Ok? Now listen to this... With NORMAL use, I have managed to change my Maserati's engine not once, not twice but FOUR times!!!! in 2,5 years time with 38532km.. Nice, don't you think? You can always check the validity of the above info by contacting Maserati's service park in Athens Greece.. Believe me they know me well!!!
    Last edited by adperrak; 03-03-2006 at 05:24 AM.

My 4200 Maserati Spyder GT

Pictures of my previous car
    Last edited by adperrak; 03-03-2006 at 05:30 AM.

Is this sufficient? You can also check the VIN.
    sure, don't see my comments as expressions of doubt in you personally, but as we speak, somebody else here is making highly doubful claims that he owns a black Enzo and an F50.

And again, welcome to UCP and we look forward to further contributions
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

F430 - better looking, better sounding, better interior.
    My other signature has a V12

It's a hard choice. I think I would take the F430, becauce the Gallardo is too much "Audi".

I im not crazy about either car but if I had to pick one id wait for the 430 CS.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

There is a Lambo in town and damn that thing is sex on wheels...but im more or a lambo lover,

so Lambo gets my vote!

Easy choice - I don't fit in a Gallardo
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Having driven both, I'd go for the 430, much better 'all-round' car. I prefer the rear wheel drive too: much lighter front end. And it has an enormous (by supercar standards) boot.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Having driven both, I'd go for the 430, much better 'all-round' car. I prefer the rear wheel drive too: much lighter front end. And it has an enormous (by supercar standards) boot.
    Mr Kip (mmm me hungry now) are you some sort of car reported/driver?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Wow this is an old thread. lol but im going to go with he ferrari in this comparison. They are both excellent cars but the ferrari is quite faster. Although the lambo is nice and quick also.

adperrak nice car man.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Mr Kip (mmm me hungry now) are you some sort of car reported/driver?
    Yes I am
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Thread Information