Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin Rapide 2010-

At least there's always the option of taking it to Arden. They install true clutch pedal manual transmissions. Would be awesome bringing them a first gen xkr coupe

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Wait, you guys are all about the manual and that's the only one you get? Even we get others, like the CTS-V and... well come to think of it I don't know of any others.
    Big saloons as in 7er, S-Class, XJ, Quattroporte and the likes.

In the E-segment (5er, CTS, E-Class,...) almost all of them are available with manuals. Only the XF, CLS and 300C aren't.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

In the E-segment (5er, CTS, E-Class,...) almost all of them are available with manuals. Only the XF, CLS and 300C aren't.
    Ah, ok. Sometimes I get confused on what's big for you. I believe the SRT-8 300 does come with a manual, though.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Yeah, I don't think the 7 series or the A8 has a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Ah, ok. Sometimes I get confused on what's big for you. I believe the SRT-8 300 does come with a manual, though.
    I don't think any of the SRT-8s are available with a manual. I know the Challenger SRT-8 doesn't have one, nor does the Charger.

The Challenger can have a manual, but none of the four door V8 Mopars.
    Visca Catalunya!

Are you sure the SRT-8 Challenger comes in stick? AFAIK they were the limited run that came out before the regular models and they were only autos. The production V8 which is the RT comes in a stick for sure.

Yes, both the R/T and SRT-8 are available with 6 speed manual gearboxes.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Are you sure the SRT-8 Challenger comes in stick? AFAIK they were the limited run that came out before the regular models and they were only autos. The production V8 which is the RT comes in a stick for sure.
    Yes, both the R/T and SRT-8 are available with 6 speed manual gearboxes.
    Yes it can, just checked the Dodge website. And a bit of a sidenote- the website doesn't seem as professionally done as others.

Secretly I like the Challenger. I know I shouldn't, but I just do.

Hope they can improve the webiste. And else.
    Visca Catalunya!

Secretly I like the Challenger. I know I shouldn't, but I just do.

Hope they can improve the webiste. And else.
    I don't like the Challenger, I actually like the Mustang slightly more than the other muscle cars for its simplicity. The others are a bit too heavy.

I don't think Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat has the budget to worry about their website.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I don't like the Challenger, I actually like the Mustang slightly more than the other muscle cars for its simplicity. The others are a bit too heavy.

I don't think Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat has the budget to worry about their website.
    should totally sell the mustang here with IRS maybe. though for the price it would go for the interior wouldn't cut it, i still remember the lulz brought by everyone who looked inside the 300C when it first came out at the motorshow.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i still remember the lulz brought by everyone who looked inside the 300C when it first came out at the motorshow.
    They are cheap though, even here. You can get a new 300C with a 220bhp diesel engine for 30 grand. And that's very little money for a lot of car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Aston Martin Rapide Luxe

The Rapide Luxe is a new and exclusive derivative of the Rapide. It provides a combination of highly desirable functional features, a greater choice of paint and leather finishes as standard, and unique features including bespoke accessories.
    Rapide Luxe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aston Martin Rapide Luxe #2

Rapide Luxe

Aston Martin Rapide S 2013-

• Rapide S is the most powerful four-door Aston Martin to date
    • Peak output jumps 17% as new 6.0-litre V12 engine produces 558 PS
    • More assertive new look emphasises Rapide S’ sports car character

The stunning new Aston Martin Rapide S is making its debut with yet more luxury and yet more power on offer in its quintessentially elegant four-door silhouette.

The iconic British car maker’s new luxury GT has been sympathetically redesigned andpainstakingly re-engineered to reassert its position as the world’s most beautiful, and beautifully balanced, four-seat sports car.

Aside from the extensive design and engineering improvements, the luxurious new Rapide S – which replaces the outgoing Rapide in markets worldwide – is now even more refined thanks to a range of additions to the four-seater’s sumptuous interior.

Still instantly recognisable as an Aston Martin, of course, the new Rapide S now boasts an imposing and assertive new ‘face’, created by virtue of the impressive and striking new full grille.

Imbuing the new car with an even more sporting, forceful demeanour, the revised front end design is matched at the back by a striking new rear deck profile which includes a more pronounced boot lid ‘flip’. The aerodynamic and aesthetic upgrades both reinforce the sporting nature of new Rapide S and work to counteract lift at higher speeds.

Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ulrich Bez said: “The Rapide S is to me, without doubt, the most beautiful four-door sports car on the market today. This is, very clearly, the power of luxury in action.

“The car’s stunning visual appeal is now matched by a much more powerful and yet more efficient engine – our exceptional new AM11 V12 – which increases massively both the excitement and performance potential of the Rapide S.

“It is a four-door sports car that uniquely combines luxury, style and sporting excitement in Aston Martin’s most flexible and accommodating silhouette. Purity of proportion and exceptional elegance are mixed with truly sensational dynamic performance – this is the four-door sports car in its most versatile form and I am sure our customers around the world are going to love it!”

Engineered to excel

Changes under the new Rapide’s skin are comprehensive, with a version of the new AM11 naturally-aspirated 6.0-litre V12 powerplant delivering unprecedented power and improved in-gear acceleration.

Power from the new engine jumps significantly versus that of its predecessor: up by 17% or a massive 81 PS from 477 PS at 6,000 rpm to a now very substantial 558 PS at 6,750 rpm.

Peak torque increases, too, up from 600 Nm to 620 Nm at 5,000 rpm. Meanwhile an even more marked improvement in torque occurs lower down the rev range, as pulling power rises by more than 40 Nm between idle and 4,000 rpm with an additional 50 Nm available at 2,500 rpm.

Naturally, increases in power and torque lead to even swifter performance as befits a four-door sports car. New Rapide S shaves 0.3 seconds off its 0-62 mph time, which drops from the 5.2 seconds of the current car to just 4.9 seconds for the new model. Top speed climbs, meanwhile, to 190 mph.

The 5,935 cc naturally aspirated V12 boasts race car technology – developments derived directly from Aston Martin Racing’s successful WEC GT campaign – to maximise both performance and efficiency. The new AM11 engine thus boasts fully CNC machined combustion chambers and lighter, hollow, cam shafts.

Dual variable camshaft timing, knock sensing, even the fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system – these are all engineering advances developed to preserve the V12’s position as a mainstay of the Aston Martin range.

The engine is now even more efficient, too. Despite the very significant increase in peak power and torque, the Rapide S is appreciably more economical than before. CO2 emissions drop by seven per cent – from 355 g/km to 332 g/km – while fuel economy now stands at 19.9 mpg on the official EU combined cycle.
    Last edited by Duell; 01-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Thread Information