Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's A Reason BMW Drivers Are Stereotyped As Pricks!

There's A Reason BMW Drivers Are Stereotyped As Pricks!

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

On a BMW, the prick is on the inside....

I say this because I am irate! I was enjoying a nice ride to work on my newly aquired toy, my 2009 Ducati Monster 696, great day for a ride. So I'm cruisin along on the highway in the middle lane. I notice a beautiful BMW 550i sports package. I always liked those cars, it was an E60 and though I loved them they were a bit underpowered compared to the 535i or the new F10 550i's. He was in the left lane, Jersey plates blacked out windows (prolly some guido) So I'm crusing along and I pass him in the middle lane because he's stuck behind a slow driver in the left. Didn't provoke or anything, didn't fly by. I'm then going to exit so I move over to my right lane. There's a truck in that lane, I pass the truck and I start moving over into the right lane, I'm probably on the dotted line slowly moving over and all of a sudden in my mirror i see a black 550i coming up and blasts by me on the right. I was so upset because what if I had moved into that lane faster? I'm glad I've riden road bikes for years and am used to cars passing me fast right next to me so I didn't get too startled. I was so pissed I was going to chase after him but realized there was no good in that and it just made me think wow now I know why BMW drivers are stereotyped as assholes.

Did he want me to race him? I don't understand because although my bike is the entry level Ducati it still is faster than most cars on the road. I'd leave him in the dust. I wouldn't even consider it because it's very unsafe and I know I'd win so what's the point? It's sad beause I never knew this till I bought my bike but riding a Ducati is a status symbol apparently. Like driving a BMW is to some. People look at it like wow that's the top of the top. I bought it because it's engineered well and I love the styling and practicality of it. I had one guy tell me "How much you pay for that Ducati? 20 grand?" Another guy stare at it, "wow nice bike" he then read Ducati and goes "oh damn no wonder, it's a Ducati" I don't understand people.

Thanks for listening to my rant, drive safe out there and please WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLISTS! We have every right to the road too!

Enjoy your memorial weekend.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I see you point. In the UK it's not much better, some BMW drivers are ok, like the ones in 1 series and diesel BMW's and people in BMW Tourers are ok but the other BMW driver in BMW's like the 5 series, X5's and people in the 6 series are the worst. They think they rule the roads, they will not let anyone out, i live in the countryside so their are lots of lanes and if you meet them your always the one which has to pull over to let them past. It also makes me made because they give all the other BMW driver a bad name.

Thank you also for letting me get this of my chest.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    I see you point. In the UK it's not much better, some BMW drivers are ok, like the ones in 1 series and diesel BMW's and people in BMW Tourers are ok but the other BMW driver in BMW's like the 5 series, X5's and people in the 6 series are the worst. They think they rule the roads, they will not let anyone out, i live in the countryside so their are lots of lanes and if you meet them your always the one which has to pull over to let them past. It also makes me made because they give all the other BMW driver a bad name.

Thank you also for letting me get this of my chest.
    Surely this must be false. Anybody who buys one of those is obviously just buying the car for the badge, not for its actual capabilities.

Damn, there I was thinking there was hope left for me.

Now that I have an Audi I guess there's no salvation at all.

Probably.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I hope I don't transform into a prick. Is there any exception for the 2004 3 series models? Haha.

On a serious note. Have you ever seen a black X6 with them damn tinted windows and some of the most gaudiest chrome rims? I see it so many times, just steady-creepin' all slow across the intersection. GIs in the military here are some serious (and lucky) pricks and they know it. They have military discounts for everything, including cars...including BMWs. However, these pricks have a con; when they get stationed (moved to a different state or country), they can't take their cars with them. So if you have a little hate for them military cats and their baller-status, drug dealer cars, just know that they'll usually keep their whips for at least a year before they give it up. Lulz.
    Last edited by PRC777; 05-27-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    I hope I don't transform into a prick. Is there any exception for the 2004 3 series models? Haha.

On a serious note. Have you ever seen a black X6 with them damn tinted windows and some of the most gaudiest chrome rims? I see it so many times, just steady-creepin' all slow across the intersection. GIs in the military here are some serious (and lucky) pricks and they know it. They have military discounts for everything, including cars...including BMWs. However, these pricks have a con; when they get stationed (moved to a different state or country), they can't take their cars with them. So if you have a little hate for them military cats and their baller-status, drug dealer cars, just know that they'll usually keep their whips for at least a year before they give it up. Lulz.

Actually the army ships your car for free. Or you can drive and the army will pay for the travel expenses.

I believe the original saying was about Porsches.

Seems Audi drivers are worse over here, but there's pricks everywhere. I've had some similar experiences on my various bikes, gotta be real aware of who's around you and who needs extra avoidence.

The Duke stigma is there, there's a bunch of people who think they're too expensive for what they are, etc.. just like with cars. Personally I think they're great.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

On a BMW, the prick is on the inside....

I say this because I am irate! I was enjoying a nice ride to work on my newly aquired toy, my 2009 Ducati Monster 696, great day for a ride. So I'm cruisin along on the highway in the middle lane. I notice a beautiful BMW 550i sports package. I always liked those cars, it was an E60 and though I loved them they were a bit underpowered compared to the 535i or the new F10 550i's. He was in the left lane, Jersey plates blacked out windows (prolly some guido) So I'm crusing along and I pass him in the middle lane because he's stuck behind a slow driver in the left. Didn't provoke or anything, didn't fly by. I'm then going to exit so I move over to my right lane. There's a truck in that lane, I pass the truck and I start moving over into the right lane, I'm probably on the dotted line slowly moving over and all of a sudden in my mirror i see a black 550i coming up and blasts by me on the right. I was so upset because what if I had moved into that lane faster? I'm glad I've riden road bikes for years and am used to cars passing me fast right next to me so I didn't get too startled. I was so pissed I was going to chase after him but realized there was no good in that and it just made me think wow now I know why BMW drivers are stereotyped as assholes.

Did he want me to race him? I don't understand because although my bike is the entry level Ducati it still is faster than most cars on the road. I'd leave him in the dust. I wouldn't even consider it because it's very unsafe and I know I'd win so what's the point? It's sad beause I never knew this till I bought my bike but riding a Ducati is a status symbol apparently. Like driving a BMW is to some. People look at it like wow that's the top of the top. I bought it because it's engineered well and I love the styling and practicality of it. I had one guy tell me "How much you pay for that Ducati? 20 grand?" Another guy stare at it, "wow nice bike" he then read Ducati and goes "oh damn no wonder, it's a Ducati" I don't understand people.

Thanks for listening to my rant, drive safe out there and please WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLISTS! We have every right to the road too!

Enjoy your memorial weekend.
    Quick question: Don't you drive a BMW yourself? (I've seen your 335d )

But seriously, I get your point about how many should be more careful around motorcyclists. And yes, like BMW's, Ducati's are indeed status symbols.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Coincidentally, i was passed by a drop top M6 today on 78 headed out of New Jersey. He was doing about 100 (me and the rest of traffic were doing 80) and weaving in and out of the 3 lanes of traffic

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Seems Audi drivers are worse over here
    I can agree with that.

And the newer they are, or the cheapest the worse it gets.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^^ Same, in the UK Audi driver's are worse than BMW driver's.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    He was in the left lane, Jersey plates blacked out windows (prolly some guido)
    There's your problem: Dirty Jerz.

Personally I think Prius drivers are the biggest pricks. Their attitude seems to be: I'm saving the world, so traffic laws and common curiously do not apply to me.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

There are loads of idiots on the streets, not just BMW drivers. Where I live, it's all about the Audi people...
    But i think BMW's image is an important reason why all the stupid racers buy one. They have a sporty image which could be one of the reasons for that.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I think its pleasure for me to drives this kind of cars ever.

Thread Information