Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadillac Cien Concept in "The Island" movie

Times like these make me glad I have Gran Turismo 4. (By the way, the Cien is my favorite car in gt4)
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

It is the Cien and it was the real prototype. The only one that was built.
    And it went through hell fo the filming. Which was shot last year, not years ago. The rear shocks were bent when the rear structure fractured on one side and the car caught fire at one point.
    In fact the car - being a prototype - was fairly high maintenance for the crew.
    Sorry I correct myself they finished filming it by March this year.
    Most car companies will benf over backwards to have their cars used in films.
    So the film companies don't have to do much.

I saw a few that wer eblack in the trailer, dudes, they showed many in the same scene, I think they are repliucas, you know, like took a Mid Engined car and put a reproduced Cien body on top, that will also explain why the wheels on the pictures werty posted were not the Wheels Cadillac put on but custom wheels.

Does it make sense?
    Last edited by Prius; 07-14-2005 at 06:39 PM.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I saw a few that wer eblack in the trailer, dudes, they showed many in the same scene, I think they are repliucas, you know, like took a Mid Engined car and put a reproduced Cien body on top, that will also explain why the wheels on the pictures werty posted were not the Wheels Cadillac put on but custom wheels.

Does it make sense?
    yeah its done all the time. the New cobra concept done by ford recently was in XXX. they had a show about the car and showed how they made special crappy versions (something like a focus chassis with the cobra body) with that were for driving, jumping, and of course, blowing up.

i STRONGLY doubt they had only one car for the Island. what if they had wrecked it on the first day of filming the chase? they must have done a similar thing as described above. plus the concepts (the ones for the shows) are usually worth at leat in the 8-digit range.

yeah, and if Cadillac saw what they wer planning to do with it, they would never lend them the real Cien.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    i STRONGLY doubt they had only one car for the Island. what if they had wrecked it on the first day of filming the chase? they must have done a similar thing as described above. plus the concepts (the ones for the shows) are usually worth at leat in the 8-digit range.
    I know for a FACT that the car used int he chase scenes was the one ond only real GM built concept. There was a representative from GM with the car at all times to make sure they didn't blow it up or crash it.
    And show cars do not cost 8 digits. 4 or 5 million maybe but never 10.

Quote Originally Posted by 90ft
    I know for a FACT that the car used int he chase scenes was the one ond only real GM built concept. There was a representative from GM with the car at all times to make sure they didn't blow it up or crash it.
    And show cars do not cost 8 digits. 4 or 5 million maybe but never 10.
    oh, so then you must have seen a "making of.." show? or something like it.
    a chase scene where the car isnt scratched? wheres the fun in that?

i put "show cars" in my post to say i wasnt talking about the ones built for the movies. youre right that many/most dont cost that much, but if a car is actually able to perform like the cien with a engine+drivetrain+chassis specific to that model it can cost over 10mil. i dont remember which car i specifically heard that about, but i have somewhere. sorry about not being clear.

Thread Information