Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My own personal Uber-Golf

Yeah, I agree that newer drivers are statistically not that great at driving. (Some exceptions apply of course ) But why make them stick a big red sticker in their back window announcing to the country that your a new driver. In Canada we just have a new driver stciker on our license, not on the back of our car.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

here new drivers are supposed to drive max at 100 km/h, instead of 130 km/h and all the other stuff going on in France, but we don't have the sticker. result? how can you say the dude going at 130 is a no0o0o0obs? you can't. he is driving trough the speed limit, so you can't stop him, and so no one respects those rules.
    I never respected it, I admit. but I'm not a reckless driver either.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Congrats Ludovic, looks pretty clean, any plans?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    As a new(ish) driver myself I'm ashamed to say I actually like the idea. Though I, of course, feel I don't need a sticker warning other drivers (), there are many people that I know who do. It might be that my school is infested with rich idiots, but I assume it applies to the majority of teens. Many people I know have trashed 2,3, or even 4 new cars that they got between the age of 16-18.
    The only problem I have with the sticker is an aesthetic one, it (like all stickers on cars) is ugly. Though stickers do help mad sikk Doriftoz.
    I've been watching 90210, kids are pulling up outside West Beverly Hills High in 997s, Gallardo Spyders, F430 Spyders, Continental GTCs and huge Escalades. Does this sort of this ACTUALLY happen in LA?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quiggs will have a field day with this. Nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I've been watching 90210, kids are pulling up outside West Beverly Hills High in 997s, Gallardo Spyders, F430 Spyders, Continental GTCs and huge Escalades. Does this sort of this ACTUALLY happen in LA?
    I don't go to school in Beverly Hills, so not for my classmates. But, many of them have gotten new Audis, 3ers, Cayennes, X5s etc... and then crashed them. However, many also have Japanese/American crap cars from the 90s. It's an interesting combination of lower and upper-middle class.
    The one I am most jealous of, though, is a kid who has a black S2000.
    Some people do get those cars as first cars, but I'd say it's rare. I think NicFromLA works in Beverly Hills so he can probably give you a better idea of the situation there.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Here you cannot go over 80km/h for the first year.
    Hahaha, I went 90kph on my second driving lesson=)

"UBER" golf?

lol, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Is parental supervision required too?
    No, I can drive by myself. And the car harldy goes over 120 km/h, so the speed limit is not much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    here new drivers are supposed to drive max at 100 km/h, instead of 130 km/h and all the other stuff going on in France, but we don't have the sticker. result? how can you say the dude going at 130 is a no0o0o0obs? you can't. he is driving trough the speed limit, so you can't stop him, and so no one respects those rules.
    I never respected it, I admit. but I'm not a reckless driver either.
    Here the sticker is compulsory. Or else you incur €90 fine and the loss of 2 points (here drivers have 12 points, only 6 for new drivers for two years ; when you run out of points your license is cancelled). The thing is I have already lost 2 points for going over the speed limit with my mother's car (62 instead of 50), which means I only have four points left...
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 01-31-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm not a reckless driver either.

I am, according to my friends. Yet I don't drive fast. It's just that I don't drive, I try to.
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 12-12-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    I am, according to my friend. Yet I don't drive fast. It's just that I don't drive, I try to.
    well, if you are aware of that, it's already something.

we have 20 points, and if lost all of them you have to repeat an exam, similar to the one you took for the theoretic part.
    new drivers will lost twice the points for the same infraction compared to other drivers. I'm not sure if this is true also for new drivers, but I (6 years of license) can't lose more than 15 points in a single time (obviously more than one infraction at the same time), but there are infractions that even not consuming a lot of points, can suspend your license, like 40 km/h over the limit, driving in the opposite lane, overtaking during a turn, all cost 10 points but suspend the license from 1 to 3 months, and maybe even to 6 months for new drivers.
    that said, since you lost 2 points for 12 km/h over the limit, I must say the sanctions seem to be similar, but we have almost twice the points available. Up to know I got just ticket for parking out of the lines, so not only the license is intact, but I also gain 2 points (up to 30) every 2 years without an infraction involving a detraction of points, so my license looks good, but I have the feeling that with less points available, as at your place, probably a lot of people would pay more attention to how they drive.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Congrats on the Golf! What's wonderful about the first car is the sense of freedom you get.
    Turning money into memories.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Looks like it's already been bumped around a bit, but other than that it looks rather nice for basic transportation. Congratulations.

What's the significance of the "Memphis" decals? Is it some kind of special edition?
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Common sense will tell you your moving. Look out the window, and if your rolling down the road, chances are your moving!

You just use your common sense to tell you how fast your going. 5 Kph is extremly slow, basically creeping along the road. So just creep along if the limit is 5 Kph, and if it's 10 just go a bit quicker. Pretty easy to tell.
    Yeah I know, I was exaggerating for effect and comedic purposes. I just have never seen a car that doesn't have a 0. Although in my car I don't think the speedo registers anything up until like 5 or 10mph anyway.

Sweet Ride dude.

Love the clock
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information