Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1000 bonus for gas conversion

Oh well..

You can tell which one here hasnt got a job
    I am the Stig

My harbour with the VR berlina is about to trade that car in. They thought about LPG but decided it's to dangerous at it's KM and it wont last to long with it.
    So they are going to buy a Holden Viva.
    I wouldn't gas my car ever, But i might consider it only if new, I'm a very open critic of gas cars i don't like them i feel unsafe with them hate the smell you name it i dislike it.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

^^ I just bought a gas car

A mere $2300 got this very tidy one-owner Ford ED for Mrs nota. It's to replace her petrol Benz which despite its small and nominally 'economical' 2.8 litre motor is now costing us a not inconsiderable $600 a month in fuel - or $7200 per annum!

This '93 Foulcan has been on dual-fuel since new and I am confident it will more than halve her fuel bills (expecting a 'cost equivalent' to petrol of 5.6 L/100km or 50mpg) which is not bad going for a big 6cyl is it? Hopefully this car should effectively pay for itself entirely within [edit] 8 months or so

Btw anyone want our trusty old M-B 280SE as a cheapie .. only 360,000kms on the untouched motor?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nota; 08-12-2006 at 07:20 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy

Congrats and welcome back,
    Best way to get Gas cars from the start
    Shit mate that looks in top condition bloody clean.

You could have bought my brothers mate's VN Calais 5lt for $200 burnt out engine bay
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thank you friend

Yeah for a gas car I think it was an ok buy and as a cheap throwdown this ED seems to have very few issues at all, very conscientiously maintained & kept. Alas not as many buttons & gizmos as her Merc but despite it being in the lowly 'four effing wheels and a seat' category I'm hoping it will deliver very inexpensive motoring overall. This is her fifth car in 5 years (if you get my drift ) so its best not to overcapitalise ..

Btw for on-topic I've been investigating an LPG system for my old V8 Benz. Although not overly thirsty it now requires $100 of petrol to fill, which is ridiculous and things are only going to get worse. Most converters are booked out three months in advance but mine's a bit tricky anyway as it has mechanical-injection, not EFI. However it is still practical and realistic to convert; for example: http://www.thecockatoo.com/Benz/index.html

One interesting site for M-Benz and LPG is this guy (links below) who seems right into oddball experimentations. Would you believe ..

(a) Mercedes 600 Grosser (yes a W100!) with sequential twin-turbo 6.9 V8 for 600hp
    (b) M-B SL Sports (W107) fitted with a four-rotor wankel

And these ..

"VW-Ute Syncro (4WD) fitted with a 13B sequentialy-staged triple-turbo Rotary (Wankel) powered by LPG and Natural-gas (Erdgas-Methan) Inter-cooled and water-injection. 4-WD drive train will be converted to a Porsche 4WD-Tiptronic. About 350 HP and 1000Nm are expected. -4WD Suspension fitted (not the drive train yet)"
    http://www.big-toys.net/detail.cgi180.htm

Turbo-rotary tiptruck on LPG (click on pic for burnout photo) http://www.big-toys.net/detail.cgi128.htm

Quite a few intruiging things to be found on that site under "Projects" and "Other Conversions" etc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nota; 08-12-2006 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR View Post
    I know this may sound stupid but I don't like LPG. It is twice as dangerous. I'd rather get a Hybird car(although they've got no guts).
    I wouldn't mind having one of those, actually.

I'm excitedly waiting all the changes in technology and availability of vehicles in the near future!!!
    Many sites of car auctions : http://2008AuctionGuide.blogspot.com

You can truly get better mileage...... http://carwaterguide.blogspot.com

LPG hybrid from Hyundai sounds the biz to me.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information