Thread: Lotus Metamorphosis

Lotus Metamorphosis

Lotus Metamorphosis
    met•a•mor•pho•sis n. pl. met•a•mor•pho•ses
    1. A transformation, as by magic or sorcery.
    2. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
    3. Biology A change in the form and often habits of an animal during normal development after the embryonic stage

With a perfect example of art in motion, Lotus are set to unveil Metamorphosis – a unique collaboration between Lotus and the award winning French artist Gérard Rancinan – on Friday (12th November) at an exclusive VIP event in Los Angeles. Metamorphosis is a selection of seven stunning images alongside a book created by French writer, Caroline Gaudriault. Both elements aim to capture the essence of Lotus’ evolution.

Lotus CEO Dany Bahar said: “Lotus is currently going through a complete metamorphosis and at times it can be a real challenge to communicate the transition of a brand, especially one as iconic as Lotus. The passion people have for our brand can be both a blessing and a curse, everyone has a strong opinion – for this reason, we are always looking for creative ways to reach out to the world. When the idea was presented to me, I couldn’t resist. Gérard is an exceptional artist, I have followed his work closely over the years and I felt instinctively that he would be the perfect person to demonstrate our vision and encapsulate the spirit of our brand with his images. People are in for a real treat when they see all seven.”

Gérard Rancinan creator of Metamorphosis said: “I can see a clear artistic link between the work of Lotus and my photographs in terms of commitment, the relevance of the subject matter, the audacity of the creator, the beauty of the gesture and the perfection of the object. We are engaged in a dialogue which takes place on the same terrain: the world of art.”

Caroline Gaudriault author of the Metamorphosis book said: “Authors always look for a good story to use as a kind of canvas; their characters take on the form of living matter; they introduce twists and turns in their narratives in an attempt to surprise their readers. By immersing myself in the Lotus saga, I was able to find all the material I needed to create a feuilleton drawn from real life.”

Lotus Director of Design Donato Coco said: “From a design perspective Lotus is in full metamorphosis and it’s a natural progression for any forward thinking brand, in my view we are retaining the core DNA through everything we’re doing – the way I see it, Lotus is more Lotus now than ever before. We obsessively seek innovation, we are unique and we are bold, that is what Lotus is about. With the Metamorphosis collaboration we are simply spreading our wings. The project means a great deal to me personally, I have known Gérard for many years and we inspire each other through our work – he completely understands our vision for the future of Lotus whilst still paying great respect to our past.”
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lotus Metamorphosis #2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNtCp5xJ6k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNtCp5xJ6k[/ame]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 11-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.

That video is hilariously bad...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I miss the old, lightweight at the expense of comfort and even safety, Lotus. But such is life. Lotus seems to crash and burn every other decade or so.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    "in my view we are retaining the core DNA through everything we’re doing"

I don't think he has any idea what he's talking about.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    "in my view we are retaining the core DNA through everything we’re doing"

I don't think he has any idea what he's talking about.
    The guy's an ex-Ferrari designer, and Bahar is an ex Ferrari marketeer. They're trying to retain some core DNA, but it's not Lotus DNA.
    Last edited by pimento; 11-15-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Yep, and I kind of doubt it's going to work, that's a very crowded market segment with some very very formidable competitors.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I don't even know what's going on in those pictures. Spacemen and a car, and the Sistine Chapel ceiling? What the heck....?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I don't even know what's going on in those pictures. Spacemen and a car, and the Sistine Chapel ceiling? What the heck....?
    You clearly don't understand art. It signifies the maturation of a brand from not making enough profit to being milked within an inch of its life. Expect to see Lotus branded everything in stores near you.

Yes, SD I don't understand what's going on here either.

For the most part the pictures look like a badly organised pit stop.

That's not going to be good for racing...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes, SD I don't understand what's going on here either.

For the most part the pictures look like a badly organised pit stop.

That's not going to be good for racing...
    I imagine that writhing is what Colin Chapman is doing in his grave right now.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

This is all a little bit Autistic, isn't it.

...ARTISTIC! I Meant artistic.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    This is all a little bit Autistic, isn't it.

...ARTISTIC! I Meant artistic.
    This.

Thread Information