Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Mercedes Benz S-Class w221

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    New Mercedes s-class

I like the new direction benz is going with its design (For example the CLS).

I dont like the quality issues or some of the old technology they insist on using. I do respect the company though for its tradition and heritage.

I totally agree with you that the overall design is nice and I like the rear. The technology is absolutely sophisticated as it always is. Please don't take my comment too serious. I believe it is very difficult to repeat such a great design success they had with the current model. I liked everything on that car. I like the curve on the side of the car and I love the design of the Mittelklasse. They have done a lot towards a very elegant design and I am sure they will continue that path.
    Maybe they'll work on the front lights before they release the model?

Don't misunderstand me. I admire and respect Benz. I just think they could do a few things just a little differently. I am talking about small details. If they were to change these things it would make their cars untouchable.

An example is the old spring technology that they use to open the trunk on the S-Klasse. I think overal the 2005 Audi A8L is slightly a better car in respect to details and overall ride. I have personally beat the hell out of a brand new S430 and a brand new A8L and compared both to the very smallest detail. I liked the A8L for its feel and response over bumps and its cornering. I was one of the only people on that track that day that said only positive things about the Benz. One more thing that I liked about the Benz was that the S-klasse being a very large and heavy car was better at breaking then the new G35 infinitey(which I beat the h#ll out of on the track). The only thing the G35 has going for it is a fast motor, that is it.

i prefer the headlights of the previous s-class model but i love the rear of the new one! The break lights are similar to the maybach. and i do no why.

It now has a lot more presence, its more there, it wont fade away in a parking lot anymore. The noew jaggedness make way for a leaner look, as if it lost weight. Im not complaining about the back, but the front has been totally destroyed. its no longer a mercedes. might as well rebadge it, with some japanese car's emblem and no one would complain. now, try doing that with a 95 S-class... that was a mercedes looking car. wide, long, fat, and boring, yet classy and elegant.

i like what mercedes did to the car but i dont really like the lights. they dont do much for me..........they just look to ordinary. but i cant get over the amazing lines, love that CLS style look.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

if it looks like a Maybach, maybe thats bcos MB controls Maybach and supplies it with the vast majority of it parts and know how

Quote Originally Posted by xandro_gm
    if it looks like a Maybach, maybe thats bcos MB controls Maybach and supplies it with the vast majority of it parts and know how
    and this thread is over 3 years old...
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

Thread Information