Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi TT RS

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I've really liked every Audi I've been in over the last few years.
    You can't be serious. Surely they are very efficient. And fast. And have lots of grip. And look quite nice. And the fit and finish is very good.

But they are so... I don't know... dead is probably a good word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What was it about the A8/S8 that you valued so highly and why would you put it as class leader?
    The only thing interesting about the A8 is the aluminium spaceframe. But the Jag XJ is also made of aluminium, so bye bye Audi.
    I am not sure you have to drive SEATs or Skodas as they are just badge engineered VWs with different interiors and potentially other things (I am not too knowledgeable on these two).
    They are similar indeed, but sometimes there are noticeable differences, like for instance the diving position, or some diferences in the suspension tuning.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The only thing interesting about the A8 is the aluminium spaceframe. But the Jag XJ is also made of aluminium, so bye bye Audi.
    I had forgotten the aluminum space frame (do not use an extra i, aluminium sound silly) in the A8. The XJ I like but maybe am not too keen on the interior - I have to see more of it. It's also a car for me that has the Ferrer X-factor, and I really want to see an XJ with the new 5L engine in it.

I had forgotten the aluminum space frame (do not use an extra i, aluminium sound silly) in the A8. The XJ I like but maybe am not too keen on the interior - I have to see more of it. It's also a car for me that has the Ferrer X-factor, and I really want to see an XJ with the new 5L engine in it.
    I've been driven in an XJ8 4.2, pre-facelift model.

Excellent car. There's an absolute sense of luxury inside, yet it didn't feel heavy or cumbersome at all.
    Visca Catalunya!

Proof that light flagship luxury cars can be possible. How was the ride?

Proof that light flagship luxury cars can be possible. How was the ride?
    Excellent. And hardly any noise at all. And the seats were very comortable indeed. I liked it very much.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah Leon, for that matter, what's the problem with the R8? I had somehow forgotten it.

Ferrer isn't it the other way around though and the R8 is a "bargain" Gallardo?

I thought that there actually was a lot different - is it the same chassis?
    Consider this, the Gallardo is only assembled in Lamborghini's factory, and everything come from Audi's headquarter. I'm wondering why, apart from hooliganism from us enthusiasts, they don't build the Gallardo directly there?
    I don't like the look of the Gallardo, never really been a fan of it, I never felt the Lamborghini factor in it, as if it was a 360/430 in Murcielago's style.
    still it's an excellent car, and the same is for the R8, which I don't like either, I found it really underwhelming considering my expectations (and consider I don't like Audis usually).
    So, what's wrong with them? They should have done just one of them, because we don't need both. Apart from the common belief there are never enough sportscars, they only have an aesthetic difference in the end, regardless of a different setup, or road behavior.
    The Alfa Romeo 8C and Maserati GranTurismo are another similar example, with the only difference the 8C is carrying over a much bigger emotional part to the subject, which the two germans lack of.
    Also, consider I'm one of those thinking the Murcielago isn't enough peculiar as a Lamborghini, I found myself thinking of it as a restyled Diablo, which I could think of as a restyled Countach, being in a hugely critical mood.

It's also a car for me that has the Ferrer X-factor, and I really want to see an XJ with the new 5L engine in it.
    Forget about it, probably this year the new model will be unveiled in a concept form if not in a production-ready version, and by the look of the mules, it could be probably awesome looking.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I fear that the new XJ will be the new futuristic look of Jaguar which I don't care for at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The Alfa Romeo 8C and Maserati GranTurismo are another similar example, with the only difference the 8C is carrying over a much bigger emotional part to the subject, which the two germans lack of.
    Well yes, but the GranTurismo is more of a gran turismo and the 8C is harder edged 2 seater sportscar.
    I fear that the new XJ will be the new futuristic look of Jaguar which I don't care for at all.
    I'm a bit worried by that too. I think they do have to modernise it, but at least retain a degree of Jaguariness.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well yes, but the GranTurismo is more of a gran turismo and the 8C is harder edged 2 seater sportscar.
    they ended up being quite similar though on the behavior side, and strictly identical on the technical side (apart for the 270 mm shorter 8C's chassis and different position of the fuel tank)

The 8C is still pretty soft when it comes to cars in that segment no? I mean softer than say an R8, or uh... I dunno. I have heard it's handling/ride is not up to par with the rest of sportscars in that price range (well maybe it's harder than an SL).

EDIT: The thing with the XJ is it has always retained the same look - completely changing it I think would be sacrilege.

Ferrer, Jaguariness should be nominated for word of the year.

We are way way off topic yet still talking about cars which is good.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 02-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.

EDIT: The thing with the XJ is it has always retained the same look - completely changing it I think would be sacrilege.
    Well then you can change then name and make it a whole new car. Probably it's time to move on.
    Visca Catalunya!

The 8C is still pretty soft when it comes to cars in that segment no? I mean softer than say an R8, or uh... I dunno. I have heard it's handling/ride is not up to par with the rest of sportscars in that price range (well maybe it's harder than an SL).

Ferrer, Jaguariness should be nominated for word of the year.

We are way way off topic yet still talking about cars which is good.
    true, everyone found it quite imprecise especially at the rear, not very focused, and the weight was quite perceivable.
    at the same time they forgave it, because of how it looks.

Well then you can change then name and make it a whole new car. Probably it's time to move on.
    Kill the XJ?! But you love tradition and heritage and you'd have them kill the XJ?!

I think lower of you today Ferrer.

Much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    true, everyone found it quite imprecise especially at the rear, not very focused, and the weight was quite perceivable.
    at the same time they forgave it, because of how it looks.
    And becuase it's the first rear drive Alfa in about 320 years. And because the V8 sounds a bit like heaven. And because, who wants a flaccid Maserati or an obvious Ferrari when you can have a maginifnicent Alfa Romeo. And because without Alfa Romeo you wouldn't have Ferrari. And because Alfa Romeo's CEO sacrifised part of Alfa's marketing budget to build it. And because if anything the Spider looks even more epic than the berlinetta.

And on top of all that it's an Alfa Romeo.
    Visca Catalunya!

Kill the XJ?! But you love tradition and heritage and you'd have them kill the XJ?!

I think lower of you today Ferrer.

Much lower.
    Tradition is good.

Keep on making the same car for 40 years until it becomes a caricature of its former self is bad.

Changing everything to stay the same, isn't breaking with tradition it's just moving on and keeping in touch with the times.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information