Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport 2009-

Take one Bugatti Veyron.

Remove it's entire point of existence, Speed.

Serve tepid to waiting arab customers.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Would a Bugatti super sedan make any money I wonder?
    why not? the massive cost of the Veyron project is to be found in their marketing decisions. they create this car, the 18.4, with 550 bhp and a different engine, and it was just a concept car, not meant to be ever produced. then they switched into this, the 16.4, with the new engine, but most important 1000hp and a requestd max speed in excess of 400 kmh. but they used the same car, or at least, the same design. wrong, since it proved to be more similar to a wing than to a car. then the engine created too much heat, and so other problems.
    A more "human" project would be easier, so remunerative.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    they could built cars as Pagani for example, and it wouldn't be a great problem with porsche since the create a new supercar every 20 years.
    whoever is the owner of Bugatti, IMO they should create a supercar or even more models, in a very few units, at prices between 500k and 1 million euro. they should be all about customer's desires and not about technical supremacy or the top of performance as it is right now. they idea to use it as a coach builder is good but I don't know how large such a market could be. they could use models from bentley and lamborghini as base models, for example.
    I think that inside PVAG Lamborghini or Bentley can take that roles pretty well without need of another brand.

Basically having another brand just adds to the marketing, distribution, dealer network,... costs. PVAG would be better selling off Bugatti or killing it altogether.

Also consider the actual economic situation.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

they could built cars as Pagani for example, and it wouldn't be a great problem with porsche since the create a new supercar every 20 years.
    whoever is the owner of Bugatti, IMO they should create a supercar or even more models, in a very few units, at prices between 500k and 1 million euro. they should be all about customer's desires and not about technical supremacy or the top of performance as it is right now. they idea to use it as a coach builder is good but I don't know how large such a market could be. they could use models from bentley and lamborghini as base models, for example.
    Porsche could overlap Pagani's market whenever they want by building another Carrera GT-like supercar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Would a Bugatti super sedan make any money I wonder?

I have an inkling that Porsche is right in pulling the plug on this project from a fiscal point of view.
    Wasn't that in the drawing boards? Sounds familiar. I think someone in this forum chopped a Veyron into a sedan. Don't remember which member though.

I know, I studied French (a long time ago9 and it's quite similar to Italian "sangue", but I was sarcastic
    Yeah, Latin FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Porsche could overlap Pagani's market whenever they want by building another Carrera GT-like supercar.
    as I said, they bulit such a car every 20 years, since the last Porsche's supercar (road legal and actually producted, not like the GT1 cars) was the 959 IIRC

Yeah, Latin FTW!
    yeah...I studied Latin too, but I didn't say that I learned it!

as I said, they bulit such a car every 20 years, since the last Porsche's supercar (road legal and actually producted, not like the GT1 cars) was the 959 IIRC

yeah...I studied Latin too, but I didn't say that I learned it!
    I wouldn't mind if Porsche decided to make another supercar. What was the supercar before the 959? The Turbos, the RS? They might as well make one now, before gasoline shoots up in price again.

My Latin is very basic as well. But my teacher was not basic. He tried to immerse us in it. Very crazy man.

But an awesome teacher.

So a GT2 isn't a supercar?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    So a GT2 isn't a supercar?
    no. it's like a 430 Scuderia or a Gallardo Superleggera. fast cars, sport cars, call them as you want, but they aren't super.
    super is a Carrera GT, a 959, a F40, F50 Enzo, McLaren F1, Veyron, Zonda, XJ220, EB110...the list is long. those car are like superheroes, you say "wow" in front of them, even if I say "wow" even in front of a Lotus Elan of the last gen...

My biggest gripe with the Veyron is that it's a supercar and luxo-barge rolled into one, and the end product is kind of like a bigmac with lard-sauce and donuts for buns - just too rich for anyone's tastes.

They have Lamborghini for that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That still doesn't mean that Porsche can't come out with something insane.

And the Murcielago- is that considered the top dog? Or is the Reventon?

no. it's like a 430 Scuderia or a Gallardo Superleggera. fast cars, sport cars, call them as you want, but they aren't super.
    super is a Carrera GT, a 959, a F40, F50 Enzo, McLaren F1, Veyron, Zonda, XJ220, EB110...the list is long. those car are like superheroes, you say "wow" in front of them, even if I say "wow" even in front of a Lotus Elan of the last gen...
    I wouldn't argue against an F40 being more of a super car than a GT2, but if you're going to call the 959 a supercar you may aswell call the GT2 one as well. In fact the GT2 being a RWD monster of a car could help the argument that it is more of a supercar than the GT2. Course style and charisma are just as much of the fomula as performance, but the 959 didn't really have either.

That still doesn't mean that Porsche can't come out with something insane.

And the Murcielago- is that considered the top dog? Or is the Reventon?
    I'd say it would be the LP-640, the Reventon is just a special edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    since when Pagani and Lamborghini are on the same level?

I wouldn't argue against an F40 being more of a super car than a GT2, but if you're going to call the 959 a supercar you may aswell call the GT2 one as well. In fact the GT2 being a RWD monster of a car could help the argument that it is more of a supercar than the GT2. Course style and charisma are just as much of the fomula as performance, but the 959 didn't really have either.
    Maybe the GT2 is as brutal as a 959, but when the 959 came out, it was the non-plus-ultra while the GT2 is in a good company, it doesn't cost a fortune, and it's strictly based on a standard car (in a way, even the 959 was a very far relative of the 911), it doesn't have a monstrous level of power or something similar, it's "just" a fast and special 911 RWD with a bigger turbo. at least the 959 had a new bodywork

I'd say it would be the LP-640, the Reventon is just a special edition.
    right, and imo it is what Bugatti could be about.

since when Pagani and Lamborghini are on the same level?
    They both make supercars.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information