Thread: Sector111 Lotus Exige

Sector111 Lotus Exige

(from Sector111 Press Release)

Sector111 Lotus Exige

The Sector111 Exige takes Colin Chapman’s design philosophy of “Performance through lightweight” to the next level. Sector111 has turned its 2006 Lotus Exige into a hardcore, track-ready supercar capable of world-class performance.

This car, which was featured on SPEED channel’s Supercars Exposed, employs many parts seen on some of the world’s best race cars as well as some of Sector111’s own “tasty bits.” Every part on the Sector111 Exige is focused and purpose built to the highest standards.

The Sector111 Exige in more detail:

Engine

The Sector111 Exige started life with a normally aspirated 1.8 liter Toyota 2ZZ inline-4 engine producing 189 hp. The addition of Sector111’s Katana roots hybrid type supercharger increased the high-revving engine’s power to 240+ hp.

Improving engine flow is a Larini Sport 8 inch exhaust system. This hand-crafted, lightweight system saves almost 10 pounds over the stock exhaust while giving the car a great sophisticated, tuned sound.

Safety Features

Occupant safety is a major highlight of the Sector111 Exige. A ReVerie XC carbon fiber seat and Schroth Profi II 6-point racing harness keep occupants firmly and safely in place with the help of Sector111’s sys.6.pack (a 6-point-harness ready device that also reinforces both seats).

Aerodynamics

The Sector111 Exige has a comprehensive aerodynamic package that keeps the lightened supercar planted on the road or track. A ReVerie carbon fiber front splitter, carbon fiber undertray and 5-element carbon fiber rear diffuser make the Sector111 Exige a truly flat-bottom car. The aero kit also includes ReVerie carbon fiber side skirts and carbon fiber arch louvers. A ReVerie 1650mm rear wing spans the entire width of the car and keeps the rear wheels glued to the ground.

Body

A redesigned carbon fiber roof with integrated air scoop, carbon fiber rear hatch, carbon fiber access panels and ReVerie carbon fiber side scoops all do their part in keeping the Sector111 Exige’s overall weight down to a trim 1954 lbs wet.

Wheels and Tires

This Exige runs on Sector111 designed stellaCORSE lightweight forged wheels (16x7 fronts, 17x8 rears). Wrapped around the beautiful stellaCORSE wheels are Toyo Proxes R888 high-performance R-compound tires.

Brakes

The Sector111 Exige’s combination of a lightweight body and huge brakes make it one of the most powerful braking cars on the road. The car’s AP Racing Big Brake Kit issues serious stopping force from its race engineered 2-piece rotors.

Suspension

A Nitron Exige GT3 triple adjustable suspension system offers great on and off track performance. Low & high speed compression and rebound levels can be adjusted to insure the Sector111 Exige’s ride is uncompromised on the track or in the canyons.

Specs
    Engine = 1.8 liter inline-4
    Weight = 1954 lbs with full tank
    Aspiration = Katana Supercharged
    Torque = 162 lb-ft
    HP = 240+ hp
    HP/Weight = 8 lbs per hp
    HP/Liter = 133+ hp per liter
    0-62 mph = 4.5 seconds (estimated)
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Sector111 Lotus Exige
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Interesting. Not sure if I like the colors/other visual changes, but that might just be how the colors appear in the pictures.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

for some reason the colours remind me of the gulf livery, if it was ever modernised (and not shit)
    the rest all sounds like sensible stuff, the parts will be available for sale i assume?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I wish there were more specifics about where exactly lightness was added.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Losing weight is good, but why do they always have to add more power?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Losing weight is good, but why do they always have to add more power?
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Why not?
    Power isn't everything. And anyway it's not like a car with 190bhp and 890kg will be slow.
    Visca Catalunya!

afaik , it's a matter of a lack of tarque rather than of power, due to the nature of the Toyota engine. So adding the supercharger is simple, and fix easily the problem. Once you are there, some more power doesn't waste.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    afaik , it's a matter of a lack of tarque rather than of power, due to the nature of the Toyota engine. So adding the supercharger is simple, and fix easily the problem. Once you are there, some more power doesn't waste.
    There's the gear lever to solve that problem.
    Visca Catalunya!

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    (To be spoken in an evil whisper):
    "Go on Sector111, you know you can get more fom a 1.8, go on, give it more power, enough to bugger some GT3 drivers.....You know you want to."
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

i saw the 'supercars exposed where they had this car. they had closed off a section of the mullholland highway and and had rhys millen and another prominent drifter racing up and down the hill. they started in a 911 turbo, went to a 430, and finished in this. this car ended up with significantly faster times and appeared to be easier to drive than the 430 at speed. the porsche was the easies on the twisty road due to its awd setup.

regardless.. i'd hit it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There's the gear lever to solve that problem.
    there are people that don't like to drive with the engine constantly at more than 6000 rpm or even more.
    I guess it's just scarring, it improves the perception that hell yeah you are driving at the limit.
    I can't see nothing wrong with it. I would just go for a S2000's Vtec though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    there are people that don't like to drive with the engine constantly at more than 6000 rpm or even more.
    Well it's an Exige you know..
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information