Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus Elise Club Racer

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    isn't that one 191hp though? or do they use the base model for cheaper price?
    either way 37mpg and that kind of handling seem to be a good combination, 0-60 time doesn't really matter here.
    All Elises use the same engine, i think... detuned in the S and Supercharged in the SC

Elise S - 140bhp - same as this special edition
    Elise 111R - 190bhp
    Elise SC - 220bhp
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Elise S - 140bhp - same as this special edition
    Elise 111R - 190bhp
    Elise SC - 220bhp
    The Elise 111R terminology was used at the time of the model launch.

Now the 111R is called the Elise R. Otherwise it's the same as mentioned above
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I guess I'm just more used to american club racers, where the name means something...

I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    I guess I'm just more used to american club racers, where the name means something...
    It's not the name that matters. The car is good for what it is, not for what it's called.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

If wanted to buy a small, fast car I would buy an Ariel Atom which is the best small, fast car in the world

what happens when it rains?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    I love the ACR, but don't forget that it costs a lot more and races at a completely different level than this. Not all club racers have to be insanely fast, in fact, that's kind of the point. A cheaper alternative to full on race cars where more average drivers can compete and have fun.

Edit: ^^^ or when you actually get to higher speeds and want some decent aerodynamics?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

the mx-5 had a club racer version as well didn't it? they're not outrageously fast either.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the mx-5 had a club racer version as well didn't it? they're not outrageously fast either.
    Think so, and the S2000, etc. Honestly if you're looking for an elise based track beast you should be looking at the 2 eleven, but that's so much more expensive and less practical. Or you have the option of various Exiges. This isn't really supposed to be that fast of a car, and I don't know why so many people are complaining about it being slow, when lotus already makes much faster track oriented versions.

Edit: not that an elise is all that slow, either, even with only 134hp.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

All Elises use the same engine, i think... detuned in the S and Supercharged in the SC
    It's not detuned for the S. The S has the plain-jane 1.8 used in the Corolla, while the R has the VVTL-i motor which was used in the Corolla Sportivo, and higher model Celica with 190hp.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    It's not detuned for the S. The S has the plain-jane 1.8 used in the Corolla, while the R has the VVTL-i motor which was used in the Corolla Sportivo, and higher model Celica with 190hp.
    So no VVTI in the S? just a differente head?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

So no VVTI in the S? just a differente head?
    Both engines are from the ZZ family. They are related but not the same engine.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine]Toyota ZZ engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Both engines are from the ZZ family. They are related but not the same engine.

Toyota ZZ engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's weird, Wiki says the 1ZZ-FE was discontinued in 2007, is Lotus using surplus engines for the S?

That's weird, Wiki says the 1ZZ-FE was discontinued in 2007, is Lotus using surplus engines for the S?
    I think they mean production in Ontario ended, but continues in Buffalo.

Either that or they'll soon upgrade it to the newer ZR engine, when ZZ supply ends.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information