Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 612 replacement, the FF

The 612 was a car with some pretty poor detailing that was exacerbated by an awkward footprint and wheelbase.

This is merely a shooting brake version of that awkwardness, with a little bit of sculptural change thrown in for good measure.

And the rear hatch is bloody boring considering the rest of the car. It genuinely looks like an Upscaled Z3 Coupe.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

One of the ugliest Ferraris I've ever seen. So incredibly awkward/over-designed.
    The mere sight of it enrages me.

Yeah the Ferrari site on the car - it's sweet ,shame the car's ugly - says the AWD system is "4RM" and the FF stands for "Ferrari Four" for 4 seats and 4 wheel drive.
    The FF revealed to the world
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I'm assuming the "4WD" is more of a rear-biased AWD system similar to the Audi RS cars and the Porsche Panamera 4.
    I believen you meant that as something positive, but to me you made it worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    It's not an auto, it's a 7 speed dual clutch transaxle.. same as the Cali and 458.
    So, it's still an auto...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

what is with car Manufactures at the moment you have got the ferrari FF which is not a Proper Ferrari and pig Ugly, and you have Pagani with their Replacement for the Zonda which look Horrible.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MilesR View Post
    I am more mystified by the name. Are we all quite sure that "FF" does not stand for "Ferguson Formula"? I am not sure that I can really believe that it is coincidence. The similarities extend to the size, layout, target market, engine size, and the technological improvements. Even the shape is similar, albeit with a shorter boot.
    The name mislead me to believe it was front engined and front wheel drive before i got the details on it. I still don't like it, i don't like the concept, i don't like the name and most importantly i don't like the styling

with you 100% cobrafan
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

reminds me of the breadvan side on

& Z bmw's

but still , under 1800 kg with a V12 & 4WD - something the 612 could only dream of

front end is based on the demonic italian pokemon btw

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    with you 100% cobrafan
    I tend to be on the opposite side of the barricades. The fact that it is a shooting brake alone makes me like it, and when you think of a V12 shooting brake...
    Let Mercedes-Benz turn red with their 5-door 'shooting brake' interpretation and decide not to make its 7, 9 and 11-door versions.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The 612 was a car with some pretty poor detailing that was exacerbated by an awkward footprint and wheelbase.

This is merely a shooting brake version of that awkwardness, with a little bit of sculptural change thrown in for good measure.

And the rear hatch is bloody boring considering the rest of the car. It genuinely looks like an Upscaled Z3 Coupe.
    I loved the Z3. And I also quite like the fact that this will possibly be the fastest ever production hatchback . They hatch could have bee designed a lot nicer, but it is certainly better than the blob called the 612.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Awesome, love it. Give me a black one on bronze TE37's with open pipes.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I believen you meant that as something positive, but to me you made it worse...

So, it's still an auto...
    First, I'm no fan of AWD sports cars either. Hopefully it's one of those things where you can dial in the power to go mainly to the rear wheels.

Really on anything over 400hp a stick/clutch ceases to be fun and becomes a burden. I'll take a dual-clutch on something like this and a stick on vintage cars, hot-hatches or little roadsters like the Elise or the Z4.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I find the dual-clutch less offensive than the looks, the shooting break design, and the AWD.

I like it. Not crazy about it, but I like it. Compared with the 612, this car is a huge improvement, unfortunate grille notwithstanding.

Are we absolutely sure this is the final product, or perhaps just a prototype to showcase Ferrari's 4WD system? If it is only a prototype, I've no doubt most styling elements will carry over to the actual 612 replacement. If that is the case, the shooting brake bit might disappear, which to me is a pity as that's one of the things I really like a lot.

Thread Information