Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be careful. Your monocle may fall off

Intercontinental...that'd be hilarious. I love this

The vehicle will be capable of running on biofuel, which the company says represents “stage one of Bentley’s environmental commitment.”
    Since when have bloody Bentley out of all manufacturers had an environmental commitment!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He was not denying that. I believe he was trying to articulate that there is not a realistic chance of Bentley using the Bugatti chassis for their new car.

I do not think Bentley will be using the Veyron chassis for this car.
    Exactly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

01/27/2009, 10:59 PM

Bentley will launch what it calls its “fastest, most powerful production car ever” at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The U.K.-based luxury carmaker hasn’t released much information on the new model, but a single photo of the front end indicates the car is definitely Continental-based.

The car will deliver “supercar performance,” according to Bentley. “This new model is very much the extreme Bentley,” reads a statement to the press. The vehicle will be capable of running on biofuel, which the company says represents “stage one of Bentley’s environmental commitment.
    Can anyone else see the irony here?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Same position as aircraft manufacturers take.

The A380 battles environmental pollution too

Being slightly better than the excesses of before is now something manufacturers have reslised fools will think as "good news".

Not that Bentley should be caring about the environment at all...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Being slightly better than the excesses of before is now something manufacturers have reslised fools will think as "good news".
    my goodness. the dry, blunt, truth I LOVE IT.

simply was on everyone's mind (pretty much) but just nobody has said it yet (either out of lack of articulation, or trying to be "polite", "apathetic", and/or "moderate)

+1

i hate this green fever too
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i hate this green fever too
    for some reason people think it sells. I assume it must affect some buyers (although doubtful that it affect bentley buyers) or they wouldn't waste their money advertising it.

i dunno about you guys but eco friendliness has never made or broken a purchase of mine and I feel like in most things i am an average consumer.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    for some reason people think it sells. I assume it must affect some buyers (although doubtful that it affect bentley buyers) or they wouldn't waste their money advertising it.
    Eco products may not sell in your country, but they do elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i dunno about you guys but eco friendliness has never made or broken a purchase of mine and I feel like in most things i am an average consumer.
    There's your problem.
    Little wonder the world's in the sh!t.

PS It's not personal, just an observation on the far, far end of consumerism...

Thread Information