View Poll Results: Do rice lambo doors take away the appeal of real Lambo doors on a real Lambo

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 40.00%
  • No

33 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lambo doors....ruined? POLL

I prefer Koenigsegg Doors... those are somewhat cool...

The hysterical thing about these ricers, IMO, is that what they're buying aren't TRUE scissor doors.

True scissor doors pretty much go straight forward.
    But if you look at these idiot ricers, you'll notice the door has to open out a bit, and then raises at an angle, not truly forward.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the way these doors are opened up.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The advent of "scissor" doors as an aftermarket add-on is one of the stupidest things to happen to cars in a long time. Anyone who drives a car like the one above should be castrated, so they can't breed idiocy of their level.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

It's pointless. It makes ingress/ egress more difficult, spoils the look of the car and makes the owner look like a buffoon.

How much longer before we start seeing gullwings and Z1 doors as aftermarket items on econo-boxes? I know suicide-style doors are already being used (with just as much vomit-inducing effect), but the question is what is wrong with a door staying the way it was engineered to function?

Changing the way a door opens sure won't make a car any faster, and it sure as hell doesn't make it any prettier.

Scissor doors on a Countach though, that just stays phenomenal.

I more like when they're called 'guilliotine doors'

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I prefer Koenigsegg Doors... those are somewhat cool...
    ENVY - sports car pre-build site
    interesting guide, no rice alowed to copy.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    It's pointless. It makes ingress/ egress more difficult, spoils the look of the car and makes the owner look like a buffoon.

How much longer before we start seeing gullwings and Z1 doors as aftermarket items on econo-boxes? I know suicide-style doors are already being used (with just as much vomit-inducing effect), but the question is what is wrong with a door staying the way it was engineered to function?

Changing the way a door opens sure won't make a car any faster, and it sure as hell doesn't make it any prettier.

Scissor doors on a Countach though, that just stays phenomenal.
    Three things:

1. The doors DO have a point on supercars in that supercars are very wide. These doors can open fully in restricted space. Just look at how narrow the opening on an XJ220 is... now there's a car that could use one of these kits!

2. I don't think anyone who buys these doors assumes that the car is somehow going to be made faster inthe process. It's a style choice, pure and simple. It may be a style choice that you (and coincedentally I) disagree with, but I don't see the point of faulting it's lack of performace gain.

3. I can't find the link right now, but there already is a company offering disaperaing door (Z1 style) kits for the aftermarket. I don't think they're likely to catch on in a big way though as they cost almost as much as a used Honda.

Im a fan of modified cars but some things just look crap, If you have ever opened one of these aftermarket lambo door conversions you will know how crap they are, feel like they might fall off in a strong wind, lol.
    They look great on lambo's and other supercars ect..

However they are not as tacky as gullwing door conversions

i think those doors when on rice offspring aren't associated with lamborghini, thus no ruining brand's image.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Well, the caption of the pic is untrue for one thing....Murcielago's do have scissor type doors.
    It's a Gallardo in the picture, and the Gallardo doesn't have scissor doors.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    It's a Gallardo in the picture, and the Gallardo doesn't have scissor doors.
    because only V12 lambos have lambo doors
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    Three things:

1. The doors DO have a point on supercars in that supercars are very wide. These doors can open fully in restricted space. Just look at how narrow the opening on an XJ220 is... now there's a car that could use one of these kits!

2. I don't think anyone who buys these doors assumes that the car is somehow going to be made faster inthe process. It's a style choice, pure and simple. It may be a style choice that you (and coincedentally I) disagree with, but I don't see the point of faulting it's lack of performace gain.

3. I can't find the link right now, but there already is a company offering disaperaing door (Z1 style) kits for the aftermarket. I don't think they're likely to catch on in a big way though as they cost almost as much as a used Honda.
    Good points all, and duly noted.

Although I suppose I had to be a bit more clear. Yes, on a supercar by all means, fit those hydraulic doors, scoops, intakes and missile launchers. I'm all for that.
    I'm not for any of those things on a daily run-about, especially a 4-door with two front scissor doors and two rear suicide-style doors.

About point number 2, I think you'll be surprised...

And point 3, all I can do is laugh in disbelief.

I just got a 370Z, and thinking of getting some lambo doors. Being so new there isn't shit out for the Z. And doubting this idea, so figured i'd find a forum and post in it. If you have lambo doors, lemme know what you think of them. I keep hearing they're hard to get in and out of, and i don't really want any cutting into this sexy ass car =D
    Last edited by Wtf; 01-14-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wtf View Post
    i don't really want any cutting into this sexy ass car =D
    Why ruin the car then with what has been discussed in this thread?

Welcome btw
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Also if anybody has any sites or places to go for performance parts for 370Z, lemme know cause again, I can't find a thing. Only 350Z parts

Thread Information