Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    these article may be a little help about the details...

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 in the works? | Motorward

it says there that it will be limited to only 250 units and it will be cheaper than the LP560 by almost 10 percent.
    I stumbled upon that article too but only after I composed my concise and intuitive previous response.

This would be lamborghini saying, "You're dead meat, Scuderia." This is what's been missing. Rear wheel drive configuration with the traditional ball on a stick gear box. This car will surely help redirect lost attention back to Lamborghini. Good to see they're throwing the balls to the walls. I can feel an interesting top gear episode coming up too, if this is for real.

Its surprising that the car is cheaper than the non limited 4 wheel variant to begin with. Obviously the residual value of the 550-2 will prove to be superior to the latter though as time goes by.

Why is there a white line down middle of the car? Just... why??
    So that even an idiot can see that this car is a bullet about to be fired from a rifle that is aimed directly between the eyes of Ferrari's current track superstar, the F430 Scuderia.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 06-29-2009 at 01:48 AM.

I think the 10 less hp will be more than compensated by the 100kg from dropping the AWD.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I don't care about the power, and I don't think this will be as extreme as a Superleggera or a Scuderia. Definitely interesting to see rwd again on a Lamborghini, and finally the Gallardo will be a bit mroe different from the R8.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

from kldconcept.com

Gallardo lp550-2
    0/100km/h : 3.9s
    550 HP
    2 roues motrice
    30kg de moins
    8 couleur disponible
    sticker bande blanche et liseré dorée
    Full option (GPS, freins céramique, cuir stage 2, etc..)
    Limité à 250 exemplaires
    just 30 kg saved is simply rubbish and usually this site is quite reliable.
    I'm disappointed.
    Or better: I'm not disappointed by Lamborghini, I'm disappointed by the fact I thought Lamborghini was actually doing something more than PR stunts.

I think I don't understand this car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    from kldconcept.com

I'm disappointed.
    Or better: I'm not disappointed by Lamborghini, I'm disappointed by the fact I thought Lamborghini was actually doing something more than PR stunts.
    You get a luxurious mid engine sports car - only more involving. Me, I see the logic. Plus, Lambo get to charge even more for the Superleggera version of that!
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    You get a luxurious mid engine sports car - only more involving. Me, I see the logic. Plus, Lambo get to charge even more for the Superleggera version of that!
    No, or at least not yet.
    Just because it's rwd it doesn't imply a damn thing.
    Being rwd should imply a massive weight reduction, which it doesn't, let alone if it will be better or worst to drive. As if awd cars are a pain in the ass as a given fact.

The Superleggera was a bit of an experiment I think, to see how far Lamborghini could have gone. Just 131 units and at a relatively small bump in price are too good to be true.
    it could have been just a way to boost the G's sales before of the restyling, without risking too much with an higher price or a too large run (see less exclusivity).
    It was also a pretty simple project, a Gallardo tuned for the track, something I perceived more extreme and less interesting than a Scuderia or Challenge Stradale as these are (or appeared to be in the reviews) definitely more enjoyable on everyday roads and trips.
    i think a lot of brands and engineers could set up a car to deliver racing perfomances while being road legal, the point is that this isn't interesting as a given fact, let alone something useful, as the road, as opposed to the track, is made of tradeoffs and variable situations, not only temperatures, grip, or rain.

No, or at least not yet.
    Being rwd should imply a massive weight reduction, which it doesn't, let alone if it will be better or worst to drive. As if awd cars are a pain in the ass as a given fact.
    But... but they are!

I like the rear wheel driveness of it, but why make it lighter and then stuff it full of equipment? Why have an engine 10bhp less than the four wheel drive car? Why have that awful paint scheme?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But... but they are!

I like the rear wheel driveness of it, but why make it lighter and then stuff it full of equipment? Why have an engine 10bhp less than the four wheel drive car? Why have that awful paint scheme?
    It isn't lighter. If it weights just 30 kg less than a standard LP560-4 equally equipped, you can't blame the options but, I'm afraid, just the poor and hasty engineering to revive Lamborghini's sales and pretend to have something different from an R8 in your line up.

Of course it doesn´t. But then again a nutrition bar is no subsitute for eating fruits and vegetables. Does that make sense? The fact RWD doesn´t imply a damn thing doesn´t mean you can´t sell it as it did. And, who knows, RWD just might make a difference.

Of course RWD should imply a great weight reduction, (or kudos to Lambo for making drivetrain components that weigh next to nothing) but you do a RWD version of the Gallardo because you want certain handling or marketing characteristics, not because you want to shed weight.

Maybe they´ve realised Lambo customers aren´t total track rats, and they want their quarter million dollar supercar to be comfy as well as fast. (EDIT: and RWD lulz)

Of course it´s a hasty effort and of course this limited RWD Lambo is an experiment. But it is urgent to differentiate the Gallardo from the R8, agree?

The proof there´s a place in the world for a 2WD Gallardo is there´s a certain company that sells RWD and 4WD versions of their sportscars. Which happens to be a very profitable one.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

from kldconcept.com

I'm disappointed.
    I was really starting to like the idea of a crazy rwd Lamboghini that wil kill Jeremy Clarkson (as he's going backwards at 150mph, in a ball of smoke, yelling "POWER!") but the stats don't seem to hint at this at all. If it's not significantly lighter than the standard car and with less hp, this car doesn't make any sense at all. And what makes even less sense is the idea that Lamborghini would build a cheaper model of the base model of it's cheapest car. Hopefully this is either a bad rumor or or the stats are wrong. It's not that I don't believe you, Leon, I just don't want to.
    Last edited by demonrunning07; 06-29-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Of course it doesn´t. But then again a nutrition bar is no subsitute for eating fruits and vegetables. Does that make sense? The fact RWD doesn´t imply a damn thing doesn´t mean you can´t sell it as it did. And, who knows, RWD just might make a difference.

Of course RWD should imply a great weight reduction, (or kudos to Lambo for making drivetrain components that weigh next to nothing) but you do a RWD version of the Gallardo because you want certain handling or marketing characteristics, not because you want to shed weight.

Maybe they´ve realised Lambo customers aren´t total track rats, and they want their quarter million dollar supercar to be comfy as well as fast. (EDIT: and RWD lulz)

Of course it´s a hasty effort and of course this limited RWD Lambo is an experiment. But it is urgent to differentiate the Gallardo from the R8, agree?

The proof there´s a place in the world for a 2WD Gallardo is there´s a certain company that sells RWD and 4WD versions of their sportscars. Which happens to be a very profitable one.
    don't knwo if you were listening, but Porsche isn't profitable recently.

BTW, if they don't think their customers are track rats, why to bother with the SuperTrofeo and doing laps and laps with LP560s at the same event as an advertising stunt?
    Also, having seen the LP560-4 on the track, I think it was pretty funny for the future owners, and easy to put on sideways.
    If I wanted a better handling or more funny car, I 'd make it lighter, and then 2wd. if not the two things together, as a 2wd should weight considerably less.
    Differentiating from the R8 should have been a priority during the development of the two, not now. And in this way it's just hurting Lamborghini (in my book).
    After all they are the same company, if differentiating was a priority even now, why the release of the R8 V10? I'd have kept the Audi with the V8, perhaps I'd have created an extremer-track-oriented-or-whatever version, but surely now a clone of the Gallardo with a bit less bhp and a larger budget.

Could it has homologaton purposes, or there isn't any championship that requires drivetrain equal to road car??

and don't forget that thiscar has the full options list.

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    Could it has homologaton purposes, or there isn't any championship that requires drivetrain equal to road car??
    Both the Gallardo and the Murcielago have been converted to RWD by Reiter with poor racing results, running in GT1 and GT3 respectively. A GT2 contender based on the LP560 is already under final stage of testing.
    On the other hand, the SuperTrofeo is keeping the AWD system.
    Note that relationships between Reiter and Lamborghini are quite close, so I'd say the homologation purposes unfortunately to be excluded.

Thread Information