Thread: Socal Cars and Coffee

Socal Cars and Coffee

It's been a long time since I've been to the original OC Cars and Coffee event. The event organizers continue to move it further south. It currently is in San Clemente, about 30 miles down the 405 frwy from me in Long Beach. So I haven't felt the need to venture down there. However, lately I've been hearing good things about the quality of the cars, and the overall size of the event, and the venue itself, and I thought, maybe it's worth a cruise down there. So, this last Saturday morning I went. I was impressed with all of the fore-mentioned issues; size, quality etc. The photos only give a hint of the number and quality of the cars that were there. The Corvette, and Lambo, are self explanatory (standard Socal Faire), the Range Rover was a Prototype, still familiar to most people, but maybe not everyone is familiar with the Avanti. They were limited production cars built by Studebaker in the Sixties. This one has found a new life as a Land Speed Record Car. Two things about the car are worth mentioning; the quality, and the performance. Also, even though it is highly modified, (producing 760 hp at the rear wheels) the original 289 cu.in. Studie engine resides under the hood. So, there was a little bit of everything, and it was a fun time. All things considered, worth the drive. I'm glad I went.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 09-23-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Socal Cars and Coffee

More pics from Socal Cars and Coffee. A nice Porsche Speedster, and a nice GT3 RS, then we have a whole row of exotics, a McLaren 720s, a very neet Abarth racer, and a Pagani.

Thanks, appreciated.

I'm glad you viewed my post and enjoyed it. It's great when we reach out and meet people from other countries with our common interests.

C-4 guy,
    Thanks for the update. I haven't been down there for Cars and Coffee since 2011 when we were the marque one weekend celebrating the 40th anniversary of the De Tomaso Pantera, and I brought mine down. However, why not come north some time to Supercar Sunday. It also recently moved from Woodland Hills Promenade Mall to Pierce College and there is always a great turnout with cars of all kinds. And then, when leaving take Topanga Canyon or Malibu Canyon down to PCH on your way home and have some fun. Always a good time.

Every single Saturday and Sunday of every single weekend there is a Cars & Coffee event somewhere in the United States.

Thousands of automotive diehards are waking up at the crack of dawn to secure the best parking spots for their pride and joy and “talk cars” with other like-minded individuals with gasoline running through their veins.
    Signature:- rent a car
    Last edited by Duell; 03-05-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Removed hyperlink

Anyone going to the Classic Auto Show this weekend at the Orange County Fair Grounds in Costa Mesa? It's a 2 day Sat-Sun show this coming weekend. I'm taking the Pantera down there and it will be in the outdoor viewing area.

Socal CArs and Coffee

What a great looking Pantera. I doubt if I'll make it to the Classic Car Show, but it sounds like fun. We've been to Super Car Sunday when it was at the Promenade. It was really great, but that was a few years ago. Haven't been to Pearce College. Maybe we'll go.
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 03-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    *sigh* makes me miss California. There's no real car culture here to speak of, and what there is, is mostly trucks.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    *sigh* makes me miss California. There's no real car culture here to speak of, and what there is, is mostly trucks.
    At least gas is cheap and your older cars don't rust into piles of iron oxide.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    At least gas is cheap and your older cars don't rust into piles of iron oxide.
    True enough.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Well we got 16 Panteras to Supercar Sunday last weekend, the earth was shaking as they all rolled in. This was followed by a lunch get together of Pantera owners where we all had a good time. There were plenty of other great cars at Supercar Sunday, as usual. Here are some photos.

Thread Information