Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2010 Australian Grand Prix (March 26 - 28)

to put it mildly it's f###%$^ but i think john ok just a bit sore
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Hamilton is basically being a baby. Getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar spinning his tires, pouting, insulting Webber, qualifying badly, making mistakes, having bad luck, pouting, getting angry at the team etc...
    Usually I don't mind him, but he's not been maintaining himself well this week.
    Just a nightmare weekend start to finish and his recent comments are typical race driver reactions to being beaten by his team mate. I think race wise he was on fire, great move on Button in the first half and great overtaking.

The race was a classic. However, we did see Hamilton get stuck behind the Ferraris when it got drier, even though he was nearly 2 secs a lap quicker than before. So, unfortuantely there is an issue that still needs to be addressed.

I think Hamilton destroyed its (newer) tires and that's part of the reason why he couldn't get by the Ferraris. That and Webber crashing on the back of his car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

such an epic shame for vettel. its not a question of if he wins a world championship. just when. he has a brilliant car underneath him built on the foundations of the best car on the grid in 2009 but just not the technical peice of mind that you get from say a ferrari or a mercedes. Yet I can still say the team and position he is in is the best for him to fight for the title with. Moving teams every year is just like meeting new women. You need to settle down with one properly before she gets to really know what you like in the kitchen and the bedroom.

Also, I still stand by my opinion before the season started that mercedes would have done alot better to have heidfeld and rosberg as their driver team mates. Schumacher has only got that seat because of his status. But we havent seen David Beckham return to the premier league in football for good reason. Its the same thing here. Terrible missed opportunity for Heidfeld this season. I'll be very surprised if schumacher makes much of an impact this year, and his reputation will suffer for it.

Meh, he won 7 WDC....anything he does now will be gravy. He is closer to Rosberg on pace, and his race was largely ruined from his Alonso impact.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Meh, he won 7 WDC....anything he does now will be gravy. He is closer to Rosberg on pace, and his race was largely ruined from his Alonso impact.
    This. Button came out of that pretty well. Also, I was amazed at the durability of hamiltons car.

@ Cotterik: I was under the impression that Beckham is getting paid more where he is now, not to mention keeping the wife happy.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Front wing replaced, he should have regained the pace. Struggling to get past Algersuari in a Toro Rosso is just a hint.

The difference between Alonso and Schumacher was abysmal.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

He lost his sidepod turning vane too......and he also had 2 slow pitstops....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    @ Cotterik: I was under the impression that Beckham is getting paid more where he is now, not to mention keeping the wife happy.
    He's probably being payed more than any other player in the world through his LAX and Milan contract deals. He's a primary example of status combined with a very high selling point. But teams know if they can afford him, he will jump ship for them.

But for a man who was struggling to confirm himself a place in the england team lineup for the world cup this summer, he's doing well to still be up there. Even if he is being overshadowed by the pace and agility of the younger players he once was.

Quite close to schumacher in comparison i would say but instead of money, i think schumacher realises if he's off the track he is worthless to himself. Like the syndrome soldiers experience after returning home from spending many years away at war..

I'd agree he does have some kind of withdrawl, but its not a "traumatic stress". More like a mid-life crisis....

But where you are too pre-mature in making assumption that he is done and dusted and just occupying space. The guy still had 3 years break from racing, and he is still scoring points(both race) in FORMULA 1 and matching his team mate's pace on his 2nd race back. Not exactly down and out....

And as opposed to Beckham, he is a 7 times WDC....as opposed to someone who has been over hyped without real achievement in ages....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    But where you are too pre-mature in making assumption that he is done and dusted and just occupying space. The guy still had 3 years break from racing, and he is still scoring points(both race) in FORMULA 1 and matching his team mate's pace on his 2nd race back. Not exactly down and out....
    Schumachers certainly not down and out, he is simply adjusting to being back in a high level of competition. Give him a few races and Im pretty sure we will see the roles reversing.

He looked good after the race, still positive. This is in contrast to Bahrain were he seemed not to comprehend being beaten by Rosberg. He was unlucky this weekend, claiming to be blocked in qualifying and loosing his front wing. Lets see what he can do in Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Moving teams every year is just like meeting new women. You need to settle down with one properly before she gets to really know what you like in the kitchen and the bedroom.
    You sound like Swiss Tony! God help your partner!
    Last edited by TheScrutineer; 03-30-2010 at 12:50 AM.

that was exactly the intention XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What occurred?
    The Speed TV reporter was asking Hamilton about what happened in Q2 and Hamilton just brushed him off Raikkonen style. He said something like, "yeah whatever," when he was asked about the traffic being an issue durring Q2.

Thread Information