Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Camaro (5th gen) 2009-2015

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about ordering one. **** the Cobalt SS Turbo.

Why not just pick up a Mustang GT? They are lighter, plentiful and easier on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Why not just pick up a Mustang GT? They are lighter, plentiful and easier on the eyes.
    He loves the general.

Wait - do base model Camaros have LSDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He loves the general.

Wait - do base model Camaros have LSDs?
    IIRC it's part of the RS pack.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Mustang GT: ~$25,000
    300hp@5750, 320ft-lbs@4500
    3500lbs

Base Camaro: ~$25,000
    300hp@6400, 273ft-lbs@5200
    3750lbs
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Mustang GT: ~$25,000
    300hp@5750, 320ft-lbs@4500
    3500lbs

Base Camaro: ~$25,000
    300hp@6400, 273ft-lbs@5200
    3750lbs
    but you have to consider that the Mustang is going to be restyled in a few months probably or a year at most.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Do you think that will make it better or worse?
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

the camaro will certainly make the mustang better...it has to be

they are going to have to get rid of the live axle finally

I think this new Camaro is great. Once the aftermarket world touches it it's going to get much better. Drop that thing 2 inches, throw in some forced induction, wide rear tires and some nies wheels and you are set!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Do you think that will make it better or worse?
    if they'll follow the Italdesign design, as suppose, it could be a better looking car in this way: it could be littler, and maybe more easy on the eyes for my european point of view. a neighbor of my gf has one grey with red stripes GT. it's not ugly, it is a good looking car neither, but imo it's main problem are the dimensions. otherwise, I have to say its proportioned.

but imo it's main problem are the dimensions.
    While I agree, the problem is that its trying to be too many things at once. The Mustang is the Ford car enthusiast car in the US right now, but its also supposed to be a normal car. It has a huge range of performance options from a very plain car to a pretty sporty car.

Saleswise, its pretty smart, because you can develop all this performance stuff, and then sell the base model like hotcakes. However, this means that you have to make common everyday driver considerations like amount of room considerations when building it. And that sucks when you're trying to make a sportscar.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

looks like my crossfire

While I agree, the problem is that its trying to be too many things at once. The Mustang is the Ford car enthusiast car in the US right now, but its also supposed to be a normal car. It has a huge range of performance options from a very plain car to a pretty sporty car.

Saleswise, its pretty smart, because you can develop all this performance stuff, and then sell the base model like hotcakes. However, this means that you have to make common everyday driver considerations like amount of room considerations when building it. And that sucks when you're trying to make a sportscar.
    man, you are right.
    I always stupefy to see price of such cars in US. then I remember they are just like our european hatches, just with bigger engines like a supercar but nothing more. Even if NA price always stupefy me even for cars sold both there and here with a quite big difference between the two prices, my opinion is that such cars as the Mustang or the Camaro aren't good cars at all considering what their automakers are calling, they are cheap, so they are built in a cheap way with cheap materials and tecnologies. it doesn't mean they are like craps, but they are simply "common cars" with a muscal body style, and that's because you usually have to pay more for something that is better, without talking about cars like the Nissan GT-R which, IMO, costs way less than everything else on the market, but I think it's also less profitable, or maybe it isn't profitable at all, and it would make a sense, since it isn't something which fits in Nissan's line-up, it's a sort of advertising company, so it isn't meant to profitable for itself.

It is clear that the Mustang is Ford's cash-cow, together with the Crown Victoria (and derivatives). It's a car that's cheapr
    to make and that with some parts here and there can sell for pretty much anything Ford wants to charge you. That could be attributed in some part to the fact that the Mustang had all the market to itself.

However I'd say that the Camaro, and partly the Challenger too, take a difference approach. They have independent rear suspensions and the Camaro boasts a direct fuel injection V6 engine and 6 speed gearboxes across the whole range. They seem to have upped the game for the Mustang certainly.

The Camaro looks like a very decent big and specious coupé, especially in V6 guise. Unfortunately I doubt there's much of a market for a big non premium coupe in Europe. And here most people don't knpw about the Camaro and its history.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It is clear that the Mustang is Ford's cash-cow, together with the Crown Victoria (and derivatives). It's a car that's cheapr
    to make and that with some parts here and there can sell for pretty much anything Ford wants to charge you. That could be attributed in some part to the fact that the Mustang had all the market to itself.

However I'd say that the Camaro, and partly the Challenger too, take a difference approach. They have independent rear suspensions and the Camaro boasts a direct fuel injection V6 engine and 6 speed gearboxes across the whole range. They seem to have upped the game for the Mustang certainly.

The Camaro looks like a very decent big and specious coupé, especially in V6 guise. Unfortunately I doubt there's much of a market for a big non premium coupe in Europe. And here most people don't knpw about the Camaro and its history.
    imo, the independent rear suspensions and the 6 speed gearboxes were already absolutely required when the Mustang debuted, so the only thing about the Camaro that is worth to be notice is the direct injection.
    I wouldn't buy them though, here or in NA, even knowing their history.
    It isn't that they aren't worth the "few" money they are asking you, b ut I feel them as not so reliable, maybe because of the big fuzz built around them as if they were something groundbreaking or something. they are just cars in my book, nothing special.

Chevrolet Camaro pics

I found some really nice pics of the Chevrolet Camaro 2010, ok, it's in Dutch, but, what the hell, it's just for the pictures right .
    Chevrolet Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by petercanston View Post
    I found some really nice pics of the Chevrolet Camaro 2010, ok, it's in Dutch, but, what the hell, it's just for the pictures right .
    Chevrolet Camaro
    they are exactly the same pics, but in a lower res, that you can find in the first page of this thread.

welcome btw

Thread Information