Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk abou How AWESOME Nissan R34 GT-R Skylines are, HERE!

Records under its belt? Like what?

I'd take the Skyline over a Scooby anyday ... The Scooby may be lighter but its the car for a person with way too much ego! The Skyline however is more aerodynamic which is where the Scooby fails. The Skyline could beat the Scooby with its aero-dynamics alone and if anyone says the Skyline isnt aerodynamic go find yourself the Aero-trail sheet supplied with the Skyline brochure. Shame Jap cars a restricted to 276bhp standard due to Japanese law but personally, I'd take a lightweight sports car over a Jap anyday and its all down to handling and acceleration. The NSX is better anyway according to many people apart from the interior. The skyline would have been much better Mid-engined

Quote Originally Posted by lordofDskyline
    what to say about the legendary skyline R34 . It has so much records under its belt that people dont know about lets keep it that way. Let them think is sucks and that a supra is better. Sometimes I Does have to laugh at them, why do you think they stop making them. Thoughly the ultimate sleeper.
    ok sorry if it seems im ripping this post apart but i have to comment, the skyline R34 isnt exactly legendary... its done nothing utrly impressive to merit such a title, if there was ever a "legendary" skyline it was most definitly the R32 GT-R but even thats pushing it, i could call the FD "legendary" from its racing heritage (lemans, bathurst, JGTC, etc.) but im not so disillusioned (yes im aware of the skylines JGTC victories...), and please state thes "records" under its proverbial belt... and what is infeirior about the supra? the fact that it has one of the strongest built engines to come on a street car, the fact that its head doesnt overhead and fail (such as on a RB26) when pushed to the limit?, its higher head flow charicteristics? its pretty much bullet proof transmission options? in all reality these cars are very much similar the most blatently obvious difference is the skylines awd(not neccesarily an advantage...) both are so utterly overhyped by ppl such as you that they good cars but some of the most unappealing that i would consider. back up your talk with facts, figuers and a litle technical understanding of these cars because im willing to bet you havent even seen one let alon know what the stock motor can handle, the advantages of its awd system, whether the HICAS helps or hinders it in extrme situations etc. bench racing fan boy is what i say to you
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Supras have more heritage and race wins under its belt (especially in Japan). The Subaru has even more in rallying ... I thought the Skyline was pretty un-successful in motorsport but personally I havent seen much Australian motorsport. I once saw the Australian touring cars I think with the Imprezas and Evos proving that there is skill in running your opponent into the pit wall

Quote Originally Posted by lordofDskyline
    what to say about the legendary skyline R34 . It has so much records under its belt that people dont know about lets keep it that way. Let them think is sucks and that a supra is better. Sometimes I Does have to laugh at them, why do you think they stop making them. Thoughly the ultimate sleeper.
    Exhibit A
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

But i thought a sleeper was when people didn't fantasise like little children over it, make it drip with plastic addenda and paint it bright colours so that it stands out?

The Skyline is a nice car, bit plasticky interior, but it is a highlly tuned sports machine. My only problem with it is the legions of Fanboys who hang off your words, like DRIFT, BLOW OFF VALVE, DOOF DOOF and the best, SUBWOOFER.

Nice car, shame about the crowd it pulls.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    But i thought a sleeper was when people didn't fantasise like little children over it, make it drip with plastic addenda and paint it bright colours so that it stands out?

The Skyline is a nice car, bit plasticky interior, but it is a highlly tuned sports machine. My only problem with it is the legions of Fanboys who hang off your words, like DRIFT, BLOW OFF VALVE, DOOF DOOF and the best, SUBWOOFER.

Nice car, shame about the crowd it pulls.
    Thats exactly what I was talking about :/

Lets all reveal our inner fanboy and say what our favourite feature of the Skyline is. For me its the huge rear wheel arches, look so grunty!

My inner fanboy lies under lock, key, Razor wire and electrified Lake.

but i will say i've always admired the amazing digital dash readout talling me how much G i pull.

I'll sit in my corner now, he escaped.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

fanboy eh?

okie dokie, fan boy.... umm i think i lost mine...

perhaps my fave part of it is where they all spin off in the wet and crash! i LOOVE the dented archs! lmfao... hahaha (jks)

i dont know... perhaps the ... nope... i dont know... nothing sticks out in its design to me... ive heard NO legends about the skyline. NONE, where as the supra has a TOUGH engine/tranny. the skyline as far as ive heard is just a fast car, not tough, not weak.

a V8 supercar requires 10 tones psi, to unbuckle a dent, the HONDA NSX in a support race, flew off at the same place (oil spilt from another car in first race) and required 30 TONES psi. STRONG!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My favourite bit of the Skyline is seeing it from a far far distance in my rear view mirror .... if only i had a rear view mirror

my favorite and most memorable part of the GT-R is the variable center differential with electronic torque split, one of the first of its kind but many cars have one version of this or another. the performance computer readout on the R34 GT-R is pretty cool. as for your run of the mill skylines theirs nothing special about them, more like rwd accords than anything...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

They skyline might now perform the best, but it does perform "good" and it looks nice. You all cant deny it, but there are better cars. But I wouldn't diss the skyline so much.

The beginning of that made as much sense as your name. Skylines are 2 things .... over-rated or over-modified. They do however have nice seats if you pick the leather bucket option

Quote Originally Posted by tho dem wrappas
    They skyline might now perform the best, but it does perform "good" and it looks nice. You all cant deny it, but there are better cars. But I wouldn't diss the skyline so much.
    It does perform good but doesnt look nice to me...so i can deny it try and stop me....
    My faveoritepart of the skylines...the oven top brake lights? gaudy styleing? no it wouldhave to be the idiot drivers who do things like in the pics i posted

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Is it rumor or heresay that the upcoming GT-R(R35?) will be built on the current USDM Infiniti G35? I've heard that the current Skyline in Japan is the Nissan badged G35 and it only seemed logical to me that that would be the case. I've also heard that it will be powered by the VQ35, truth or just heresay? Does anyone know?
    here are some pics of it
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ead.php?t=4597
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Thread Information