Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia

Ferrari 458 Italia

Lots of new (well new to me) pics here:
    http://www.netcarshow.com/ferrari/2011-458_italia/

New images sure, but its still the Italia's first year, so theirs no styling changes, so I don't see the relevance of new images. But those are still some cool pics.

Clarkson claims the Italia is the "First genuinely good looking car in 30 years." I have to agree to that.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Walking around it in person I can say its truly impressive, but I'm just not sure about the front. Everything is getting so big now too. I would have preferred them to stay at 355 dimensions, but that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post

Clarkson claims the Italia is the "First genuinely good looking car in 30 years." I have to agree to that.
    With the exception of the 599 GTB.

. . . and the 430 Scuderia.

. . . and the 355.

. . . and the 575 Marenllo.

. . . and the 456GT.

. . . and the Tesstarossa.

. . . and the 328 GTB.

. . . and the 288 GTO.

And the one-off 612 Kappa, P4/5 and 575 GTZ.

So yeah, with the exception of those eight production cars and those three custom cars it's the first . . .

Oh, and I like the 550 Barchetta. And the 348 was badly engineered, but it was actually good looking too. Okay, so with the exception of those eleven production cars and three one-offs . .

Well, I certainly don't think the 360 or 430 were bad looking in coupe form, do you?

So let's say this: With the notable exceptions of the Mondial, the 575 SuperAmerica and the 360/430 SPYDERS, it's just another amazing looking Ferrari in a history of amazing looking Ferraris going back to 1980. Are we agreed?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    With the exception of the 599 GTB.

. . . and the 430 Scuderia.

. . . and the 355.

. . . and the 575 Marenllo.

. . . and the 456GT.

. . . and the Tesstarossa.

. . . and the 328 GTB.

. . . and the 288 GTO.

And the one-off 612 Kappa, P4/5 and 575 GTZ.

So yeah, with the exception of those eight production cars and those three custom cars it's the first . . .

Oh, and I like the 550 Barchetta. And the 348 was badly engineered, but it was actually good looking too. Okay, so with the exception of those eleven production cars and three one-offs . .

Well, I certainly don't think the 360 or 430 were bad looking in coupe form, do you?

So let's say this: With the notable exceptions of the Mondial, the 575 SuperAmerica and the 360/430 SPYDERS, it's just another amazing looking Ferrari in a history of amazing looking Ferraris going back to 1980. Are we agreed?
    I'm sorry, but except for the 599, which is good looking but not GREAT looking, I really don't think those cars were good looking, IMO. The 430 16M was a good looking one though.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

It's subjective.. I personally think that the 355, 512TR and F40 are wonderful looking, but each to they are own.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Clarkson loved the 8C, and I believe has had a lot of good things to say about many cars in the past 30 years.

He just shits out a load of crap from his mouth that makes whatever car he (or his writers) like at the moment seem utterly ridiculously amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He just shits out a load of crap from his mouth that makes whatever car he (or his writers) like at the moment seem utterly ridiculously amazing.
    Those guys by contract have to argue with each other in order to get more viewers, and it works. Topgear is entertainment focussed, as opposed to information, which is why most of the crap that comes out of their mouths is extremely opinionated but ends up being funny at the same time in many cases.
    Jeremy Clarkson's opinion has seldom been that of my own. While the 458 may look pretty damn insane, it is a far cry from the "first genuinely good looking car in thirty years." What a knob.

I absolutely loved the little skit he did on his impression of how (he thinks) a TT owner behaves. I imagine he'd probably feel pretty stupid after seeing me throw my snowboard on the roof of mine and head for the mountains. But who am I to say other TT owners don't stand in front of the mirror for 45 minutes debating with themselves what outfit to wear .

The only two really good looking Ferraris from the last 30 years are the 355 and the 456.

And from my persona perspective from the current range only the 599 Spider feels like it has the attitude of a proper Ferrari.

PS. Regarding TopGear, if you can get past the more in yer face entertainment and jokes, there's some real value when it comes to judging cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The only two really good looking Ferraris from the last 30 years are the 355 and the 456.
    Ehhhhhhhhh... I'd throw in the 360.

OK looking would be the F40, Testarossa, 288 GTO, and 348.

If you included race cars, then the F2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer;950564PS. Regarding TopGear, if you can get past the more [I
    in yer face[/I] entertainment and jokes, there's some real value when it comes to judging cars.
    I disagree. They can sometimes stumble on a reasonable point, but most times, it's just crap.

It's a blast to watch though - my family and I watch it most nights on TV together. Even my Mom likes it.

OK looking would be the F40, Testarossa, 288 GTO, and 348.

If you included race cars, then the F2004.
    Really good looking, as in with the all-time greats.

Most of those are fine (altough I'm not really taken in by the 80ness of the Testarossa or the 348, and I like the 80's...), but not in that category.

As for F1 cars, beauty peaked with the Lancia D50.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    As for F1 cars, beauty peaked with the Lancia D50.
    312/67 or Eagle T1.

The 360 looks like an utterly curious frog (in other words, it's not that good looking IMO).

I'd say that the Daytona was beautyful. I love long-bonnet-cars. And the 275 was quite good-looking, too.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

disagree with 575, 430, 360 lol.
    testarossa i'm torn over, i know i should think it's ugly but have massive soft spot for them
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

have always been a massive fan of the 288, 348 and 355's. a black 355 spider is basiclly a dream car....I'd be interested to see what one would go for these days. I'd assume they'd be fairly exy still
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Thread Information