Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geneva Motorshow 2005 - 140 high-res pics by me

Geneva Motorshow 2005 - 140 high-res pics by me

I am terribly sorry guys for not uploading at least a couple of samples here, but it's late and I can't stay awake anymore

You can find all of them on my website

Used the tripod for most shots (not for the ones where the cars where rotating obviously), with F8.0 most of the time and always the polarizer filter. with so many light sources, the filter is not really 100% usefull, but still works GREAT!

http://www.swisscarsightings.com/index.html

1995 BMW E36 320i

nice. very nice
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

Very nice pictures!
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

Damn I wish I were you

Amazing Pics
    My Photography robneill.deviantart.com

Awesome pics, very nice.

I wish I could go again.........was there last year, was completly blown away! (my first major autoshow......such a good one too)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

danm you do not know how much I wanted to go to that show! It looks so amazing from pictures, I'm sure you had a great time TT! Anyways great photos!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

TT.......please......I do not know what all of those are. Please tell me sometime in the future you are naming them? I just downloaded all the ones I knew (almost 60). But I need the rest. Please, your pictures are of a Godly nature!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

You rule!! Those are great pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    TT.......please......I do not know what all of those are. Please tell me sometime in the future you are naming them? I just downloaded all the ones I knew (almost 60). But I need the rest. Please, your pictures are of a Godly nature!
    many of those cars are also on UCP's coverage of the show on the main page. They even have names there
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Yes usually all my pics are named so that you know what the car is. but in this case, beeing 140, it was much easier to write the page (I manually write the code everytime like an old fart ) if all the pics had the geneva2005_xxx name.

I will try and see if it is doable to rename them all on the website but it would take some major time.

You can always ask here just in case. And for a couple of them I admit I don't remember what they were LMAO
    1995 BMW E36 320i

Quote Originally Posted by -TT-
    I am terribly sorry guys for not uploading at least a couple of samples here, but it's late and I can't stay awake anymore

You can find all of them on my website

Used the tripod for most shots (not for the ones where the cars where rotating obviously), with F8.0 most of the time and always the polarizer filter. with so many light sources, the filter is not really 100% usefull, but still works GREAT!
    The use of a tripod is not always recommendable when you have many people walking around the cars. The moments that the view on the cars is unobstructed are rare and a good flash should make use of that. (You got several pictures with blurred people moving around the cars). I found lighting conditions to be quite OK (except for instance for the Citroen C6, but obviously you concentrated on the more exotic cars, I bet you did not take a pic of the sensational Kia Rio or even the Lada Kalina. .

What camera are you using, it sometimes looks like you don't have enough angle. (Same problem I an having with the Sony 717).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Actually the blurry ppl around and behind makes the pics kinda cool IMO. The problem is when somebody walks in the way while the timer is on (2 sec)

And having just a couple of hours, I didn't even stop in most of the stands

BTW, renamed the pics on the first page
    1995 BMW E36 320i

Quote Originally Posted by -TT-
    Actually the blurry ppl around and behind makes the pics kinda cool IMO. The problem is when somebody walks in the way while the timer is on (2 sec)

And having just a couple of hours, I didn't even stop in most of the stands

BTW, renamed the pics on the first page
    Yes renaming is the nuisance of it all.

Still, what camera did you use?

As far as timing is concerned, we started the second day at 7.15, and by nine o' clock it was already almost impossible to get proper pics.

Great pics thanks
    Rover 414GSi 1993
    For this year, & losing hope :
    BMW 325i or 330d 2002 or 530d 2001

Thread Information