Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the ultimate car (game)

the ultimate car (game)

youre the CEO of a small but well known car company(either luxury, performance or both) thats going south and you need to come up with a new flagship to boost sales. you tell your design team to come up with a concept that will essentially revive the marque. what do you tell them(what would it look like, what kind of engine would it have, how much would it go for....elaborate as much as you like)?

lets see if this game works

i would build clones of the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 stradale and stuff them with supercharged k20a engines and sell them for 50kUSD. i think theyd sell. especially with a revamped interior (leather retro speed/tacho wood etc)
    Last edited by kennyknoxville; 09-12-2005 at 07:24 PM.

a concept that would something like a coupe version of the new s-class. A v8. Starting at $45,000.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

My car would a mid-engine coupe with a 450 horse-power eight cylinder engine.It would look like a mix between an NSX and a 430.Price would be around 135K.

My car would be a mid engine bmw weight destribution(as usal almos 50 50)
    the current M5 look but a smaller version and a CSL technology with a natural aspirated 8 cylenders 450hp MANUAL gearbox
    about the colour of the car well i couldnt find any pic on the web that has the color i wanted to post.. i saw this bmw in lebanon and i loved its color..
    its orange when the sun is up and in the shade it turns to purple(anyone seen this color befor) and the enterior i would like this steering wheel and the wood i want the same as the piano black wood and defenetly 3 seats just as the Mclaren
    yeah yeah i know keep on dreaming
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ferrari SUV with Enzo engine...
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

I'd just build a bunch or cobra replica-like shells (cunningly updated to appear slightly more modern, and this time with a little more interior room), fit them on a stainless tube frame and power it with a 1000hp twin turbo viper motor.
    Key features that make it sell.
    The engine.
    Flame belching side exhausts (unless you order a wussy street legal one)

I propose that this car is dynamically quite retarded with an unuseable amount of power, but I reason that if I build something with those numbers some idiot will buy it.
    that's what VW is hoping with the veyron.

Price would be about $150 per hp ...bargain!

My car would have to be a coupe with a V12 engine it would have to be a mix between a SLR Mclaren and a Pagani and a little bit of enzo pretty wierd HA!
    ________
    Brunette Cams
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Mine would be a mid-engined, AWD car with a 450hp 3.5L V6 (I chose V6 for the sound of it when boost up to 400hp and less gas consumption), then make deals with Honda so I can use Vtec. It would look like something like a road-going version of the Honda NSX JGTC. I'll first show it off at Geneva as a concept car, then sell it for $90k MSRP with a tamer 340hp 3.2L Vtec V6 and revised design. If the sales number is good enough I'll add a "S" version which would be carrying the engine of the concept and lighter weight, then sell that for $145k MSRP. Afterwards I'll produce a limited edition with the JGTC engine with special paints and engineered by JGTC technicians, and only 100 of them will be produced.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 09-12-2005 at 11:43 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

hmmm ....
    ((1))
    prices of gas are goin up so i would go as far as a 6 cylinder engine with 250 to 300 hp with good fuel economy ... that should be enough to play with ...
    however, i would try to work with either HONDA or TOYOTA because they are the most reliable engines in the world in my opinion ... so if it would be powered by a vtec engine that would be great
    ((2))
    midsize car ... around same size as a bmw 325 ... but instead ... it would have a long front end just like the honda prelude (97-01) .... or perhaps similar in style to the S-class benz as far as shape of the lights in the front end. however, from the back it should look similar to a bmw 745
    ((3))
    sporty/luxurious interior ... including suede/leather/aluminium trim ..... no wood
    ((4))
    it would have the most variety of color combinations for exterior/interior ... however not just any color can be picked for the exterior and any color for the interior .... i would choose certain combinations and buyers can pick only from them
    (($))
    priced around $40000 US

Ferrari F40 with McLaren F1 engine plus twin turbo.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Mine would look like a full on endurance type race car. Therefore it would be midengined and it would be made very, very light with a very, very sparse cockpit to save weight. It would use a more powerful (~575hp) version of the LS7 engine (new ZO6). It would sell for about $145,000.

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    i saw this bmw in lebanon and i loved its color..
    its orange when the sun is up and in the shade it turns to purple(anyone seen this color befor)
    I think it's called Cameleon

Chameleon paint is how it's known to those who put it on lowriders
    Pearlescent is how it's known to those who put it on rice rockets.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Chameleon paint is how it's known to those who put it on lowriders
    Pearlescent is how it's known to those who put it on rice rockets.
    So what's it called on a TVR Speed 12?

Chameleon paint, because at least lowrider people know what they're doing.
    I have always sympathized with Lowriders-they essentially are rolling pieces of artwork-soulful ideas fabricated onto the body of Impalas...the Tuner trend is seeing how many vents and HKS and NOS stickers you can stick on a car. (Which is too bad-HKS has great turbo kits but ricers seem to have soiled their na,e. )
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information