Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bugatti Veyron vs SSC Standard Aero

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I find the notion that any SSC or Veyron owners will find the neccessary time, or put in the neccessary effort, to get their vehicle to a location suitable enough to attempt a top speed run laughable.

Lets face it - unless you can shut down tha autobahn to traffic, are a test driver for VAG, or wish to modify your car for the Bonneville Salt Flats - there isn't really anywhere you can get close to their top speeds.
    Volkswagon has said that veyron owners will be allowed to bring their cars to their 13mile oval where 253mph has been tested whenever they should wish to do so.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc
    Volkswagon has said that veyron owners will be allowed to bring their cars to their 13mile oval where 253mph has been tested whenever they should wish to do so.
    Handy for buyers in Germany, not for anyone else.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Handy for buyers in Germany, not for anyone else.
    do you really think it'll be that much of an issue for someone who can afford a $1.5 million car and the trip to the factory to spec their car? Even so, if i bought one, i'd go to Esra before I had my car freighted to me

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    do you really think it'll be that much of an issue for someone who can afford a $1.5 million car and the trip to the factory to spec their car? Even so, if i bought one, i'd go to Esra before I had my car freighted to me
    Yeah, so you can do it once.

Grrrrreat! As Tony the Tiger would say.

I can't see that many owners travelling all the way to Germany every time they want to see 253mph on the dashboard though.

So that makes the top speed totally and utterly redundant.

They might as well keep one car capable of 253mph at the track so that prospective buyers can fly in and have a go.

All of the customer cars would never have to go that fast then, so they could build them without stupidly overpowered and overengineered engines and gearboxes because they would only have to do 200mph or so...

All of the huge cooling and handling issues would dissapear, and the car would only cost £300,000 instead of £800,000...
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information