Thread: Bugatti announce revisions to Veyron

Bugatti announce revisions to Veyron

After a troubled development, and several serious delays Bugatti has been forced to admit defeat on its newest Supercar, the Veyron.

Parent company has decided to cut funding for further development of the car, which has had numerous problems.
    The car was originally to have been fitted with an 8 litre W16, with four turbochargers, capable of producing 1001bhp, and capable of propelling the car to an amazing top speed of 250mph, beating the previous fastest production car, the 1993 McLaren F1, by 10mph.

However, after problems with the aerodynamics causing the car to become unstable at these high speeds, the top speed was revised to a still impressive 218mph.
    The problems were not just limited to the aerodynamics though, there was insufficient cooling to the massive engine, and also difficulties putting the immense power and torque through its bespoke seven speed gearbox.

This sudden cut in funding has not caused too much concern for the company. We spoke to a Bugatti insider who spoke of the revisions in an untroubled manner:

"Well, obviously we had to make the car reliable, otherwise it will not sell.
    What the revisions have done is simplified the powertrain, letting us produce a more tame, but still, we think impressive car.
    The main revision has been to replace the W16 with an old 1.0 four cylinder engine that was lying around in one of the store rooms. This has solved the cooling and transmission problems, but has led to a slight reduction in performance figures." Said the source looking rather embarrassed.

"To make up for the loss of power, we decied to re-think the chassis, and the end result is a light weight car, using some of the cheapest, I mean lightest, materials around. We also decided to replace the old styling with something more conventional, rather than the slightly ostentatious look of the original concept, which none of us were really happy with."

Bugatti have strongly denied allegations that they have simply "painted an old VW Polo a funny colour", saying that the car offers unrivalled luxury and performance.

Potential customers are said to be somewhat "dissapointed".

A new Bugatti, looking rather silly, yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

good one . and i fact the veyron engine is not far away from a normal VW engine . i think it uses the same bore or stroke
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

haha im very sure this is a joke

Good one Coventry, you'll get a + rep for that when Im allowed to give you them !!

had me believeing it until the 1.0 engine comment.
    As an Italian company they would clearly have chosen the Fiat 500 engine as replacement. Good try

499.5cc twin cylinder 40bhp
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Bugatti are french I thought Matra?

bugatti,is a originally french brand, that went bankrupt sometime ago. The volkswagen group bought the name , and uses it now

Too bad of the engine

The Volkswagen joke was from www.sniffpetrol.com

But in the end it was all just pipe dreams, car technology is not advanced enough to make these types of speeds in a car safe or reliable.

Apparently the Speed limit imposed was by the tyre manufacturers, who said the PAX tyres could not support the weight of the Veyron at 252MPH. If it were 300 Kilos lighter, they could..................
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Bugatti are french I thought Matra?
    Yep.

Kids have a great name for what just happened ....

I had a brain fart
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The Volkswagen joke was from www.sniffpetrol.com
    Yeah, I nicked their Idea, but i had more fun writing this than just typing the url
    Thanks for all the fish

is the veyron ever gonna get produced? i think they should just pack it in and give it a bloody rest.....get a proper design! look at it its like a fat toad.

Now that's a change for the better if there ever was one
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Make it look the like 18/3 Chiron, now that is a beautiful car. Whats the point of a big 1000hp engine if its gunna be as heavy as fricken Phaeton.

its a paper race, its actual performance numbers arnt important as long as its mid pack, "its the most powerfull production car" would be its #1 selling point,and it would work with the ppl with enough money to buy them putting even larger rims on them to flaunt their money, you think someon will buy a million dollar car to toss around a track? esp. one as luxuiously apointed as the veyron? its a trophy car with trophy numers ment to sit in a rich guys garage or be pimped by the next big basketball player on MTV cribs
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Thread Information