Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Well CBS had the coverage of this race and decided to condense it to 1.5 hours and show it a week later! I think some smart cookie saw this was bad and setup the whole six hours commercial free live streaming on ALMS site.

The feed was good 95% of the time, and full screen.
    Which is cool of them, but my computer has issues running that. It will do well for 10 minutes or so then start jumping. So I usually try to find it on tv.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Which is cool of them, but my computer has issues running that. It will do well for 10 minutes or so then start jumping. So I usually try to find it on tv.
    You really need a new computer.

I suggest stealing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Anyone else watching? I'm looking at you LTSmash.

Ah shit, no! I missed it all!

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Ah shit, no! I missed it all!
    Well, Dino mentioned a condensed version would be airing next week. Catch that I guess.

the race was pretty solid, almost as good as last year. there was a great battle that went down to the very end with the lizzards, corvette and M3 crossing the line nose to tail. the LMP was a good fight for most of the race. the highcroft started from the back of the grid for reasons i missed, but made up the ground quickly. it was actually looking like the mazda might be able to win, but sadly it beached itself in corner 4 with like 20 minutes to go. sad. the only thing i was disappointed in was the number and length of cautions. they seemed to go around behind the safety car for 8-10 laps, or more. way too long.

otherwise, it was another great day spent out at a beautiful track. it was chilly and very windy, but sunny and clear. i havent looked at my shots yet, but i will start posting some over the next day or two.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The online coverage stayed on the massive GT battles 90% of the time, and rightfully so since the LMP classes are so lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    You really need a new computer.

I suggest stealing one.
    Hehe. That's beggining to be my new plan. Thinking of picking up a bigscreen while I'm at it.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Hehe. That's beggining to be my new plan. Thinking of picking up a bigscreen while I'm at it.
    May as well go 3D then if your fingers are paying.

Endurance-Info reports that Peugeot brass is putting the screws to Quesnel to come clean about the LM engine debacle ASAP. Article was linked to Ten-Tenths.com's forum, but the forum seems to be down for now.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

well informed sources told me that it was actually German technology, used in the Pugs, that brought them to their knees. The Mahle pistons were at fault.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bad batch or flawed design?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    isn't the design the same as last year? Not sure, just asking.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Pushed to destruction.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Pushed to destruction.
    There should be some kind of gauge for that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Famin said that track condtions, weather condtions, and having to make up time from unexpected problems and the pace of the Audis lead to the issues. In otherwords, a perfect storm for failure.

It also doesn't help that Audi was--per their own PR--holding back and not running 100% at Le Mans by their own admission because of reliablity and fuel consumption concerns.

It seems that Audi hoped that a competive pace would scare Peugeot in to pushing too hard. Initally, it didn't, but when the #3 retired, Peugeot started to up the ante, then they had minor problems(electrial on the #1 and collision damage/half-shaft failure on the #4). Audi kept up a steady pace that kept them close enough to the 908s that when they had problems the caught and passed them or pushed them into destruction.

In all several factors came into play as Famin said, as well as the fact that they threw their strategy out the window and perhaps pushed and hammered when they shouldn't have.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Thread Information