Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk abou How AWESOME Nissan R34 GT-R Skylines are, HERE!

Talk abou How AWESOME Nissan R34 GT-R Skylines are, HERE!

This is my favorite car in the world. And I read some forums on a skyline, and some dissappointed me. But some were awesome and its amazing how other people know alot about them and love them like me. Just say some stuff here about them.

I love skylines alot and hope that the new GT-R will look even better then the one now(I know..hard to do!!). I just love the looks, the performance and everything.

Is it rumor or heresay that the upcoming GT-R(R35?) will be built on the current USDM Infiniti G35? I've heard that the current Skyline in Japan is the Nissan badged G35 and it only seemed logical to me that that would be the case. I've also heard that it will be powered by the VQ35, truth or just heresay? Does anyone know?
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

I hate it to be honest with you.

It seems to be the dream car of the Playstation generation, along with Imprezas, Evos, Supras and most other Japanese stuff. It is a great car, but waaaaaaay over-hyped, thanks to Gran Turismo, FnF, 2F2F, NFS:Underground and other car stuff aimed at younger people. And it's getting kinda wrinkly.. it's 5 or more years old now I think.

No offence meant, that's just my opinion.

Well, you did say to say some stuff about 'em
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Lol - from the development I've seen since the R34 (Conceptual Designs etc) Im expecting the R35 to be a dissapointment. It started with the original concept that looked like the R34 but much more aggressive. It then went onto the Skyline concept with the headlights which lead up the bonnet. Now its went further downhill because now the design wont be original especially if its based on the G35. I like to compare it to the car you can call many names because its all the same design but different names ... Vauxhall Monaro, Holden HSV GTwhatever .. you know where its going. I guess the fall of the automotive industry as we know it is model sharing just to save costs. Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    I hate it to be honest with you.

It seems to be the dream car of the Playstation generation, along with Imprezas, Evos, Supras and most other Japanese stuff. It is a great car, but waaaaaaay over-hyped, thanks to Gran Turismo, FnF, 2F2F, NFS:Underground and other car stuff aimed at younger people. And it's getting kinda wrinkly.. it's 5 or more years old now I think.
    Well it's hard to believe that you actually HATE this car. I think you're just sick of the R34 GTR because everyone talks about it and it is on every single race game and they make it look as the best of the best and everyone thinks that it is the best of the best....That's a good reason to be sick of it, but not hate it.

It's not the best car ever, but it sure is great... AWD 280HP 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. I'm sure that if you ever get to drive one you will love it.

I agree with you that it is waaaay over-hyped but that's just because it is a great Japanese car that the American and other markets don't get.

Niko
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 06-02-2004 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added pictures

well...

the skyline is a good car no doubt. but i would never buy one. especialy when there are '98 subaru 22B's out there, you say 0-60 under six? this does it in four flat, its smaller and way way way more lightweight. just my two cents, but never a skyline.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Well it's hard to believe that you actually HATE this car. I think you're just sick of the R34 GTR because everyone talks about it and it is on every single race game and they make it look as the best of the best and everyone thinks that it is the best of the best....That's a good reason to be sick of it, but not hate it.

It's not the best car ever, but it sure is great... AWD 280HP 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. I'm sure that if you ever get to drive one you will love it.

I agree with you that it is waaaay over-hyped but that's just because it is a great Japanese car that the American and other markets don't get.

Niko
    Yeah, now I stop to think about it for a bit, I think 'sick of it' more describes my feelings toward the Skyline.. it's just having almost every other forum member worshipping it, most of my mates going on about their 1000bhp R-34s in GT3.. kinda wears you down after a while I'd have one if you offered me the keys to one though
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    Yeah, now I stop to think about it for a bit, I think 'sick of it' more describes my feelings toward the Skyline.. it's just having almost every other forum member worshipping it, most of my mates going on about their 1000bhp R-34s in GT3.. kinda wears you down after a while I'd have one if you offered me the keys to one though
    I know, I kindda feel the same way towards it "Skyline is da best" "Skyline can get 10000000 HP" "Skyline 9 sec 1/4 mile" "Skyline bla bla"........... And one gets sick of it, but still I love the car, awesome machine, I would love to AT LEAST see one in person

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I know, I kindda feel the same way towards it "Skyline is da best" "Skyline can get 10000000 HP" "Skyline 9 sec 1/4 mile" "Skyline bla bla"........... And one gets sick of it, but still I love the car, awesome machine, I would love to AT LEAST see one in person
    Fellow track enthusiast wiped his out a couple of months back when he flipped it at the track. You can have it !!
    I'm still trying to get photos from him, he's being coy about it !!!!!

The MOST annoying thing about skylines is the GranTurismo generatino who will talk about the mythical car in the game as if it was real and handled and performed like the game !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by R34 Skyline
    This is my favorite car in the world. And I read some forums on a skyline, and some dissappointed me. But some were awesome and its amazing how other people know alot about them and love them like me. Just say some stuff here about them.
    Its fan boy comments from 13 year olds who have never driven anything that gets to most people. They are good cars but , as has been stated, not worthy of god like status. You can throw WRXs and Supras in here too. I like them all but have to constantly remind myself not to get too worked up over the ultra excitable gamers who think they "roooooooooooool".
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

In my class, there is THE king of all Japanese car fanboys. Hes always going on about how his cuzzies Skyline got 500hp or something like that, or how his bros Subarus running low 11's. Its all total shit. Its people like that who degrade the Skyline. This is why I like the Honda NSX, as it is relatively untouched by Fanboys, who criticise it for its lack of spoilers, bonnet scoops and bodykits.

Its either Japanese, or Ford Falcon/Holden Commodore....

Quote Originally Posted by DB9Vantage
    I like to compare it to the car you can call many names because its all the same design but different names ... Vauxhall Monaro, Holden HSV GTwhatever .. you know where its going. I guess the fall of the automotive industry as we know it is model sharing just to save costs. Shame!

the vauxhall monaro isnt a case of model sharing to save costs, its just simple importing/exporting. to clear everything up as well, the Vauxhall Monaro is exactly like the Holden Monaro, the Pontiac GTO has unique styling, engine, fuel tank and exhaust over the Monaro and the HSV GTS Coupe and GTO Coupe are both Holden endorsed higher performance versions
    I am the Stig

I ersonally dont like the car...theydont look great imo...they preformgood but not so overtly fantastic...they are good cars..and i dont like them because they dont appeal to me just like holdens dont....i also love crash photos of them
    Just a taster of mycollection....
    Attached Images Attached Images

what to say about the legendary skyline R34 . It has so much records under its belt that people dont know about lets keep it that way. Let them think is sucks and that a supra is better. Sometimes I Does have to laugh at them, why do you think they stop making them. Thoughly the ultimate sleeper.

Thread Information