Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ring 2007

More of them
    Attached Images Attached Images

A bit more supporters

I was actually completely wet at the end
    The fact is that I need a new camera. My Fuji is POS.
    Last edited by faksta; 07-07-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Nice report man. Seems like a nice show to go to ! I feel a bit sorry for your police officers by the way. Over here they drive Mercedes's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Nice report man. Seems like a nice show to go to ! I feel a bit sorry for your police officers by the way. Over here they drive Mercedes's !!!
    Thanks.
    Haha. They have ML's and Land Cruisers in Moscow too. The police cars are widely different up here in fact. From Ladas to Mercedes's.
    I'll see the cars again twice, I hope, so I will try to make some GOOD shots, but not like these.. Here are some just for to present you the entrants.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Haha here the cops use Ford Crown Victoria's nearly all of them. Few unmarked cruisers are Impalas, and that's about it, if they got to drive BMWs or Bienzs would definitely be pretty sick..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

We also had Crown Victorias, but now there is an extremely small amount of them in Moscow. But there are still some BMW F650 GS cop bikes, which I really like. My first bike would be the GS, I think. Nice enduro.

As promised, some pics of 13.07.07 participants exhibition at Ostankino, Moscow. Not all took a part - I've counted at least eight cars missing.
    Not only mine - some of them are my sis's.

Do you guys know that we are unable to import classic cars in Russia? Know why? 'They pollute the environment'!!!! So, it turns out that Ladas and Volgas pollute it much less... Assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Do you guys know that we are unable to import classic cars in Russia? Know why? 'They pollute the environment'!!!! So, it turns out that Ladas and Volgas pollute it much less... Assholes!
    terrible shame what's to stop you from simply driving it in across the border though?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

What stops people to drive a tank across the border? But still we can register them as a museum car...
    Honestly, I don't know what about foreigners driving in the country in classics, I'm talking about the restrictions for the classic cars purchasing.

yes, but if you purchase a classic car elsewhere in europe, can't you just drive it straight home across the border without the authorities being aware of it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Don't know exactly, but think it should be considered as a foreigner visit or something, cause the car should be registered abroad - you won't register it in Russia. I'll search for the complete law and will try to translate some major points, but closer to evening (now's 14:33 in Moscow) - I'm leaving now for some time. Good day to all!

wouldn't that be ideal then? you could use the car in russia while leaving the foreign registration on?
    i don't know, i live on a big island...i can't really drive into another country

There are plenty of ways to keep a car in a European registered in another country under that registration if the owner really wants to - especially if its over 25.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information