Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Concept X1 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BMW Concept X1 2008

The First Sports Activity Vehicle in the Premium Compact Segment: The BMW Concept X1.

Once again the successful history of BMW X models is opening up the door for further inspiration in the development of innovative vehicle concepts: The BMW Concept X1 offers all the thrill of agile and versatile mobility also beyond the beaten track in a new segment of vehicles.

Proudly presenting this new Concept Car, BMW is offering an outlook at the world’s fi rst Sports Activity Vehicle in the premium compact segment. Through its design alone, this new concept model clearly expresses all the strengths and qualities of such a vehicle, the BMW Concept X1 exuding a strong touch of agility and versatility both in its driving qualities and practical use. And at the same time the Concept Car clearly reveals the stylish elegance of this fi ve-door as well as its modern function.

Creating this unique Concept Car, BMW is catering for the demands of a modern target group in search of an up-to-date automobile meeting both the challenges of everyday traffic and the personal needs of many purchasers for an active lifestyle and a versatile driving experience.

The BMW Concept X1 expresses that very special sheer driving pleasure so typical in this unique form of a BMW X model combined with a high standard of all-round functionality. So now these qualities are for the first time being carried over to a vehicle in the premium compact segment.

The BMW X1: authentic transition of the BMW X model concept into a new vehicle segment.

In its design and driving characteristics, every BMW X model bears out the unmistakable DNA of this kind of vehicle, at the same time showing an individual rendition of the brand and the features typical of the concept. This clearly ensures the authentic transition of the brand values and characteristic features of a BMW X model into each market segment.

The BMW Concept X1 naturally lives up to this demanding standard and claim, the Concept Car clearly standing out as a BMW X model from every angle, despite its body dimensions smaller than a BMW X6, a BMW X5, and a BMW X3. At the same time the design of the new car establishes typical BMW features again refl ecting the specific characteristics of the premium compact segment and generating new momentum in the appreciation and perception of vehicles in this class.

Introducing the BMW Concept X1, BMW is taking on the leading role also in the premium compact class. For the fi rst time the characteristics of a Sports Activity Vehicle are being carried over authentically into this market segment, creating the concept of a vehicle which, in an urban environment, ensures the highest conceivable level of freedom and spontaneous activity.

Indeed, the BMW Concept X1 presents mobility options never seen before in this segment. The new model offers versatility and agility in a compact rendition, thus providing a very appropriate interpretation of the sheer driving pleasure so typical of a BMW X model in our current day and age.

Measuring 4,457 millimetres or 175.5" in length, the BMW Concept X1 is 108 millimetres or almost 4.3" shorter than the BMW X3. The wheelbase of the BMW Concept X1, in turn, measures 2,760 mm or 104.4".

Through its proportions and four doors together with a large tailgate, the Concept Car hints towards a very generous feeling and experience of space. In addition, the clear design and shape of the vehicle bears testimony to a high level of function meeting all the driver’s and passengers’ requirements in everyday traffi c. And last but not least, the BMW Concept X1 combines all these features with the self-confi dent elegance so typical of a premium vehicle. Through these qualities alone, therefore, the BMW Concept X1 is destined to become the trendsetter for a modern style of urban mobility clearly pointing into the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrer; 10-01-2008 at 03:36 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

BMW Concept X1 #2
    Visca Catalunya!

BMW Concept X1 #3
    Visca Catalunya!

a RWD nissan Qashquai....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    a RWD nissan Qashquai....
    I honestly cannot see the point of this car.

It's like a lower X3...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

It's like a lower X3...
    I think this is just a teaser for the new X3.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

It's like a lower X3...
    Reminds me of the Audi Allroad...

BMW Concept X1 #4
    Visca Catalunya!

I think it looks much better than the X3.

Anyway, what happened to the CS concept? it's not in the hideout anymore...

Liek Audi, they are saturating the market at a time when car sales are going down and people don't want SUVs - I know this is a small one but still - is this the time? The X6 earlier, now this, all while car sales are low?

However, maybe this is only a concept and will not be built or will be a new X3 series or something. Or is this gonna be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    However, maybe this is only a concept and will not be built or will be a new X3 series or something. Or is this gonna be made?
    help to find a concept of the last years (not recent ones, give them times...) that didn't make it to production. beside, a lot of mules have been seen while testing in the last couple of years. too bad.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

So...like...what the hell happened to it's face?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    it's the standard expression after knowing you are going to be just another BMW's SUV/SAV bla bla bla...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It's the love child of a 7er and an X3. That's what happened to it...
    Visca Catalunya!

No, I understand the obvious lineage between the X-range.

But if all they are going to do is make them progressively uglier as they get smaller they're just going to end up annoying everyone on the road who has to look at them.

I mean, Chris Bangle was bonkers but he at least had a vision, Van Hooydonk is just murdering BMW Design.

Not even the wheels are pretty. and thats just a BMW staple.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information