Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XFR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jaguar XFR

A new 5L AJV8, more aggression, and a supercharger.

510 bhp and 460 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds.

This cat's got teeth.

More shots.

More info.

The XFR will be shown at the NAIAS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm suprised that Jag made the engine bigger instead of cranking up the boost, or the supercharger equivalent.
    Jag, please don't do factory rice!
    Needless to say, aside from the styling, do want.
    XFR > M5
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Jaguar's should be available with manuals. And shouldn't be restricted to 155mph.

Other than that it's fine I guess.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Jaguar's should be available with manuals. And shouldn't be restricted to 155mph.

don't know about manuals (even if I prefer manuals).
    don't care about the 155 mph.
    not so sure about the new air intakes on the lower part of the front, and the exhausts seem to be a little too far from the body.
    other than that, I will take mine as that of the pics, but with different colors for the interiors, thanks.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Manuals, Yes. Top speed, no. I'd bet that less then 3% of XFR owners will be pushing their cars past 125. There is hardly enough room anywhere for that not to mention 155! And past that, I'm not to sure there's many places at all you could go past 155.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Manuals, Yes. Top speed, no. I'd bet that less then 3% of XFR owners will be pushing their cars past 125. There is hardly enough room anywhere for that not to mention 155! And past that, I'm not to sure there's many places at all you could go past 155.
    maybe you are underestimating the bhp.
    with even just 115 bhp I can easily see more than 100 mph in a short space, and with 150 bhp (and six gears) those 125 mph are achievable in the same space.
    I don't care enough about the top speed, but at the same time I bet more than the 3% (quite a lot more) will push the car at 125 mph, at least here. I can easily see anonymous diesel sedans on the highway during an everyday trip (ok, perhaps in Italy there are some issues with speeding, that's nothing new)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    maybe you are underestimating the bhp.
    with even just 115 bhp I can easily see more than 100 mph in a short space, and with 150 bhp (and six gears) those 125 mph are achievable in the same space.
    I don't care enough about the top speed, but at the same time I bet more than the 3% (quite a lot more) will push the car at 125 mph, at least here. I can easily see anonymous diesel sedans on the highway during an everyday trip (ok, perhaps in Italy there are some issues with speeding, that's nothing new)
    Maybe your underestimating the weight effect...

My point is that Jag owners typically (minus the vintage Jag owners) are not the speeding type, their more of the looking good, comfy car type with a sporty appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Maybe your underestimating the weight effect...

My point is that Jag owners typically (minus the vintage Jag owners) are not the speeding type, their more of the looking good, comfy car type with a sporty appearance...
    first of all, the weight is not that much overall, even considering 500 kg more than the car mentioned (Fiat Croma), it still has 350 bhp more than it, so I guess it's very fast. and the other XF (presumingly with a very similar weight) are already way faster than my car.

about the Jaguar owners not speeding: the few X-Type owners are exactly like those driving 3-Series or A4, and they are not famous for being good drivers when it comes to speed. S-Type drivers are about the same, even if there aren't enough to stereotype them.
    XJ drivers are even rarer, but surely they drive quite relaxed.
    Usually XK drivers are quite good.
    perhaps not over there, but here the bigger the car you own, the stupider way you drive. especially when it comes to german cars, but tbh there is an exception. when the car is the top of the line, like an AMG (Audi Sx are excluded by their own owners I have to say), they seem to drive like if they don't need to demonstrate that is the uber model, so they are not that bad.
    so, I suppose an XFR owner would use those 500 bhp and run at about 125 mph more than occasionally, even if maybe less than how the 3.0 diesel owners would do.

I wouldn't say they can't because of the roads or lack of space. cars even if heavier than some years ago are faster and faster, as I told you I could reach almost that speed on a country road near home with a much simplier and less powerful car, without considering highways or other bigger roads of course.
    not saying there is the possibility so they will do, I'm not into speeding (not that much at least) nor I encourage it, just saying if someone ever wanted, I can prepare a long list of roads in which to drive at so high speeds.
    risking your life of course.

Snap judgement form Ferrer - I'll wait till a road test but I missed the fact there would be no manual - sloppy. Spot on there man.

250 km/h is not fast enough for you though? Where are you going to hit those speeds? I'd say the vast majority of Jags are sold in North America and Great Britain where speeds like those are highly illegal and as previously mentioned what Jaguar owner is gonna take it beyond 200 or 230 say?

Anyways I don't care about limiters because I assume that for the right price (probably a low one) they can be defeated so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Jag, please don't do factory rice!
    Needless to say, aside from the styling, do want.
    XFR > M5
    This is no more rice than an Audi RS6 or BMW M5...what are you on about?

It looks very tasteful IMO...come to Daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'll wait till a road test but I missed the fact there would be no manual - sloppy. Spot on there man.
    There are no manual XFs, period. It would massively change the character of the car, and I'm not sure if that's what Jaguar want. Besides: Apart from us "hardcore" enthusiasts, who's going to buy manual XFs? <2% of customers?

I heard that BMW were going to make M5s available in the 'States with manual 'boxes. Anyone know if that's happened yet?

[QUOTE=Kitdy;861158]250 km/h is not fast enough for you though? Where are you going to hit those speeds? I'd say the vast majority of Jags are sold in North America and Great Britain where speeds like those are highly illegal and as previously mentioned what Jaguar owner is gonna take it beyond 200 or 230 say?

I think he just means the principle of limiting the top speed.

Anyways I don't care about limiters because I assume that for the right price (probably a low one) they can be defeated so meh.
    QFTMFT. Although if only a tiny proportion of XF owners are going to take it that fast, why limit at all?

Another thing to remember is that this is the "R" model: The one Jaguar want driving enthusiasts to buy...so maybe things like manual gearboxes and speed limiters should matter more...?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I'm not sure on this. All these newer Jags seem to have lost thier former appeal. Here in the US, Jags are heavily marketed to a younger audience. This makes it seem as if Jag is losing luxury appeal. But this is coming from a complete marketing standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I'm not sure on this. All these newer Jags seem to have lost thier former appeal. Here in the US, Jags are heavily marketed to a younger audience. This makes it seem as if Jag is losing luxury appeal. But this is coming from a complete marketing standpoint.
    well, they declared they want to change completely Jaguar as we knew it, and the XF is the first step.
    I don't think Jaguar is loosing its luxury appeal, but surely it's aiming to younger owners (since the older ones who were previously buying the cars were enough)

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post

It looks very tasteful IMO...come to Daddy!
    I can see it being a bit overly-aggressive for a Jag - the hood vents are a bit too protrusive maybe is what I see - the rear end is great (I don't like the headlights on the XF and headlights are critical to me) though it makes me think Aston.

There are no manual XFs, period. It would massively change the character of the car, and I'm not sure if that's what Jaguar want. Besides: Apart from us "hardcore" enthusiasts, who's going to buy manual XFs? <2% of customers?
    Indeed but it'd be nice, wouldn't it? Ferrer (I think) and I speak not in this case in business sense but enthusiasts perspecitve. I wonder if there will be a semi-auto - I think that would suffice on an XFR.

I think he just means the principle of limiting the top speed.
    Well I can't argue with that I suppose. I think it'd be more logical to limit top speed if at all to a more "reasonable" speed such as 150 km/h - a speed at which there isn't really a justifiable reason to travel faster on public roads in my eyes. I think even this speed is excessive and should preferably not be driven at all but if so on empty highways in straight lines.

EDIT: Nice to see you around here Clivey - post interesting as usual. Been a while though eh man?

Well I can't argue with that I suppose. I think it'd be more logical to limit top speed if at all to a more "reasonable" speed such as 150 km/h - a speed at which there isn't really a justifiable reason to travel faster on public roads in my eyes. I think even this speed is excessive and should preferably not be driven at all but if so on empty highways in straight lines.
    I guess they choose to limit the cars to 155 mph for aero issues, since after that speed aerodynamic begins to be quite critical, so it's a sort of safe bet.
    for the record, speed limit in Italy is 130 km/h (about 81 mph), but the average speed on the third lane is actually 140 km/h
    limit the cars to 150 km/h and I can already see the insurrection

It's more normal coming from the Germans, Jags are supposed to be classy.
    I'm not being inconsistent, I tend not to like supersedans (German especially).
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information