Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GT4 Help

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I can't believe Polyphony has all these interesting races and stuck a 2CV one in for good measure. At least give us better prize cars. I don't want another 2CV, especially when it comes in pink!
    Maybe they got to drive real ones which are great fun. No matter how fast you go (forwards anyway) into corners they will not flip over.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    Maybe they got to drive real ones which are great fun. No matter how fast you go (forwards anyway) into corners they will not flip over.
    In real life it may be fun, but not in a video game, when you're used to 100+ mph speeds.

They flip over?

In real life it may be fun, but not in a video game, when you're used to 100+ mph speeds.

They flip over?
    No they don't.

Bodyroll is somewhere between massive and catastrophical, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Wow, that's quite scary.

Look at those bicycle tires!

They flip over?
    Thats the only bad thing about the game, it doesn't convey speed very well. The game seems especially slow after playing NFS:Carbon where hitting 200mph is hard and you can plainly see that you are going ****ing fast.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    Thats the only bad thing about the game, it doesn't convey speed very well. The game seems especially slow after playing NFS:Carbon where hitting 200mph is hard and you can plainly see that you are going ****ing fast.
    But NFS: Carbon is also a completely different game. It's very stylized to appeal to a different type of car guy. Chances are, die hard NFS: Carbon fans aren't going to like GT4, and vice versa.

But NFS: Carbon is also a completely different game. It's very stylized to appeal to a different type of car guy. Chances are, die hard NFS: Carbon fans aren't going to like GT4, and vice versa.
    Well I do like both, but I reckon playing GT4 after a particularly intense session of Carbon looks just like if I was riding my bicycle on Valiums.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well I do like both, but I reckon playing GT4 after a particularly intense session of Carbon looks just like if I was riding my bicycle on Valiums.
    The reason why GT4 wouldn't appeal to a hard core NFS fan is because it's way too realistic, and NFS is way too unrealistic to a GT4 fan.

GT4 has some minor faults, but the speed issue isn't much of a problem as long as you're driving a car with more than 400 HP.

The reason why GT4 wouldn't appeal to a hard core NFS fan is because it's way too realistic, and NFS is way too unrealistic to a GT4 fan.

GT4 has some minor faults, but the speed issue isn't much of a problem as long as you're driving a car with more than 400 HP.
    yeah it is very realistic..... and for those ppl who like drifting, it is bloody hard to do! so they jump off NFS and find this to be crap.

i think that GT4's speed "issue" is that it all depends on what view you use. the view i use is the close to the ground one.... it makes you feel like your moving quite a bit fast than normal... but its realistic because you jump out of a Corvette for eg and get into a old citroen then yes it will be boring..... i know when i did the citroen race on GT4 i had basically just stopped raceing the world championship with the R8! it was very boring! VERY!!!

yeah i cant wait for GTHD it will be something special..... if they get it right which i have full confidence in them doing
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    For those of you that have GT4, how are you supposed to beat that Driving Mission that's a Slipstream Battle between the Skylines? I've tried it so many times and so many different ways and i can't figure out how to beat it. It's starting to piss me off because that's the only race i have left until i get the pagani zonda race car, and i need that car.

For the Skyline slipstream mission, change transmission to manual. The acr will be in 5th gear when you start. Just stay in that gear. Keep behind the white Skyline as long as possible - you should catch him at the end of the first straight. Overtake to the left and get back in front of the other cars and stay on the yellow line. They will catch you 3/4 of the way down the back straight. Keep looking behind to see when they are getting close. Move to the side and let one pass and get back in behind it straight away. Keep doing this and you willl have no problems.
    PS. Game status: 100%! And I did it without the Zonda Race Car, so you don't need it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i need to finish the IA nipingburg north.its to *** hard
    car master

hey guys... anyone help me with the LAN setup for GT4? cant get it working... is it worth all th hassel at the end?
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

does anyone know how to do driving mission with the drafting? i cant seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesabc View Post
    does anyone know how to do driving mission with the drafting? i cant seem to get it.
    When you overtake all of them after drafting, make sure they all overtake you again, and then use drafting to overtake all of them again. Drafting all of the cars instead of one or two that overtook you generally yields in greater speeds.

when you overtake them do you keep full throttle? cause if i do that they dont catch up until much later. should i slow down so they can draft me more closely?

Thread Information