Not exactly a clash of the Titans, is it?

I intend to have me a Lotus one of these days, whenever my ship comes in, as they say.

Unfortunately, my scripts for Beneath Brokeback Mountain and The Battle For Brokeback Mountain have been rejected (sigh...). That leaves my diet pill pyramid scheme, then...

But I'm torn between the Elise and its chest-thumping, tooth-gnashing ne'er-do-well brother, the Exige.

There's a lot to be said for more power, but does the Exige really up the ante where it counts: in sportscar driving bliss?

In some ways, I feel, it's what Robert Zombie would have called Supercharger Heaven vs. the Unbearable Lightness of Being Lotus (without all the bizarre ****ery and that whole uncomfortable scene with the bowler hat).

For starters, the Exige isn't as practical, as you can't see out the back.

I read that the Exige is a more track-focused, all-out-speed machine whereas the Elise's suspension is tuned for a more relaxed and loose, but still very quick driving style, though you'll lose time with all those minute slip angles around a track compared to what I understand to be a more nailed-down Exige experience.

I'm after a car with a delicate, throttle-dictated balance and light, responsive controls. I think the Elise gets the upper hand here, but does anyone know for sure?

I'm kind of doing the big power/big grip thing right now and I've gotta say, there' a lot to be said for a car with explosive, leave 'em in your dust acceleration and tenacious grip.

Also, is the new factory-supercharged Elise really the Great Compromise I'd hope? I've read no reviews so far, as my local bookseller has stopped carrying EVO, the dickweeds.

Anybody driven both?

Do tell.