Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Highest reving engine currently in production

Quote Originally Posted by americanmohit
    i would like to know about how to maximize the speed of car in manual gear. does it depents on RPM ??
    top speed of a given car will largely depend on aerodynamics.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a wonderful car as it has good quality of suspension and it is also capable of taking turn in high speed. In movie clip, i saw lancer evolution having competition with Lambo. At first, lambo took much lead. when there was a big turn ahead and both of car had to take turn in the same speed, As lambo took turn with its current speed, it slipped and lancer evo took very good turn in spite of its high speed...wow..

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    top speed of a given car will largely depend on aerodynamics.
    hey henk,....can you please tell me more about spyker car as it is from holland company....

Quote Originally Posted by americanmohit
    hey henk,....can you please tell me more about spyker car as it is from holland company....
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...pyker&method=0

learn how to search the site, there are many "hidden" treasures
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON
    culver, production basically means produced. So basicly any engine that runs could be a production engine. But some will disagree with my logic.
    I'm sure if we use the terms "produced" then we open our selves up to all sorts of motors (say a 100,000 rpm gas turbine).

Again, as this is a car forum I would stick with the sort of definitions used in auto racing, and street cars. In that context production means parts included on a factory certified car, street legal, non-kit, car. Hence the McLaren F1 was the fastest production car because it was street legal in Europe. It's not that fast but it was the fastest car in factory certified form.

yes henk..i just visited the site of spyker...i learned something...one thing to tell you...i learne from my Dutch friend..he told me that spyker car is made only by hands and its annual production of this spyker car is 12 to 15....wow...it takes such a long time to produce 12 -15 cars by hands in a year

Spyker has received type approval in the USA earlier this year. Subsequent on that they reached an agreement with German builder Karmann to build more than 300 bodies per year in the future.

Highest revving production engine

I dont know much on whether bike or raace engines count, but the highest revving production car engine currently produced might be the 3.5l v8 in the Caparo T1 extreme (sorta stretching the rules?). That i heard revs to 11000 rpm. Theres also the ariel atom v8 (3l 10-10500 rpm) or the caterham levanthe (2.4l sc, 10000rpm) hope that helps.

Tiger R6's rev to 16500/17500
    You can't beat an I4 bike engined production car for revs
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well according to me whether you go for a Honda or Suzuki that would be of your choice ,overall it would be the engine which you need to work on if that is perfect then you can do what you want .
    Cheap Volkswagen Parts
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-10-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spm

I interpreted the thread title a bit differently. I thought it meant ROAD car engine. So in that case, Lexus LFA's V10 or Ferrari 458's V8. Both of which will rev to 9500 give or take while meeting Euro V emission standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Tiger R6's rev to 16500/17500
    You can't beat an I4 bike engined production car for revs
    My YAM Fazer goes red at 13000 rpm.

I build also small high rev radial and rotary engines , real screamers...

Thread Information