Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Car Opinion like a Mazda6

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!

New Car Opinion like a Mazda6

In about a year I'll probably be buying a new (newly used) car. For a while now, I've had my heart set on a Mazda6 sport trim with 3.0L engine. Obviously I'd rather have a Mazdaspeed6, but the extra price isn't practical.

Well, on the beautiful day that is today, I've been thinking how nice it would be to have a convertible. I've always wanted a convertible. There's only one problem, the 6 doesn't come in convertible obviously.

So, anybody have some suggestions to some similar cars that might come in convertible? This is for the US. I'm looking for a mid-sized but sporty car for around the same price that comes in convertible.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

AFAIK the Mazda 6 doesn't have a 3-litre engine.

As for 4-seater convertibles, there are lots of options. Saab 9-3, volvo C70, Audi A4, Volkswagen Eos...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda6

3.0 Duratec V6

Not available in all markets, but it is here

Hmm, definitely not the Eos. The saab isn't bad, a bit plain. Definitely not the Audi. The volvo is nice, but those are pretty expensive aren't they? I don't know about used, but the new price is over twice that of a mazda6. The Saab is a bit high too.

p.s. I just saw a green Murcielago come out of a garage when I went for lunch O.O I wish I had a camera
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 05-08-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Mazda Speed 6? if you do, i'd go for an STi or something instead...
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

no speed 6, its not practical to spend the money on that, nor an STi :P

And I don't want a Subaru anyways, everyone and their grandmother drives them here in the Northwest USA.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda6

3.0 Duratec V6

Not available in all markets, but it is here

Hmm, definitely not the Eos. The saab isn't bad, a bit plain. Definitely not the Audi. The volvo is nice, but those are pretty expensive aren't they? I don't know about used, but the new price is over twice that of a mazda6. The Saab is a bit high too.

p.s. I just saw a green Murcielago come out of a garage when I went for lunch O.O I wish I had a camera
    I see, I didn't know about the V6-engine Mazda 6.

The Eos is good, but it won't be a sportscar. That metal roof makes it heavy. However if you like it, go for it.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Eos is good, but it won't be a sportscar. That metal roof makes it heavy. However if you like it, go for it.

I don't like the styling much, probably won't go for it. Volkswagens and Audis just don't seem very interesting designwise for me. Audis make Civics look spicy.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Get a Jeep wrangler with the removable roof. 4 friends in the summer with the top down in a wrangler = win.

I don't like the styling much, probably won't go for it. Volkswagens and Audis just don't seem very interesting designwise for me. Audis make Civics look spicy.
    Maybe a Chrysler Sebring Convertible? Or wasn't there a convertible version of the Pontiac G6 too?
    Visca Catalunya!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Get a Jeep wrangler with the removable roof. 4 friends in the summer with the top down in a wrangler = win.
    Hell yes, you can also lose the doors if u want to go all out..and raise it and throw some off road tires..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    You know, I've considered that before. I had a friend in Vegas that had one, and it was soooo much fun to cruise around the strip in hot weather in. That isn't a bad idea. I've heard in winter they are sort of miserable though? Also, some people have called them a girl's vehicle. I don't understand that one at all, they don't seem very girly! They're not great gas mileage are they? That's actually fine with me, I don't drive except on weekends; I take the bus everywhere.

Maybe a Chrysler Sebring Convertible? Or wasn't there a convertible version of the Pontiac G6 too?
    I don't like Pontiacs much, their styling is just ugly to me.

The Sebring isn't bad, I had a different friend with one, and it was a nice looking car. He ended up having a lot of mechanical trouble with it though. I don't know if that's common with them or if he got a lemon. He had a WRX for normal driving, and his seabring for sunny weather :P
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Doesn't the 300C have a convertible version, or was it scrapped a while ago?

The Mazda6 should be a good option. Other good cars in the range would be the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. They might not be sporty, but they should get you to where you need to go. Cheap sporty cars that also double as family sedans don't really exist.

Also, some people have called them a girl's vehicle. I don't understand that one at all, they don't seem very girly!
    Not girly, MANLY... Some gay-orientated website mentioned on Top Gear ranked it at in the top 3 gay cars IIRC, and there was one on Queer as Folk driven by a guy who in the previous scene "slept" with a 15 year old boy. Men clearly love it.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I like the Mazda. At that price point, convertibles are limited other than the Miata and maybe a used Mini, and of course the Jeep which is cool. Two friends have Mazda6's and love them. I thought of one but went with the Jetta. I think the Mazda is a bit more sporting.

Mid-life crisis, digitalcraft?

So, 4-seater convertibles. Your best bet is an Audi A4, in my holy opinion. It's the best-looking one of the bunch, and can also be bought used as an S4 convertible, which will be almost certain to give you a few giggles and laughs. Speak to QuattroMan for more information on how good it is.

Thread Information