Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ferrari enzo

29 70.73%
  • ford gt

12 29.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ferrari enzo vs ford gt

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I guess you and i think differently. I always do a cost/benefit analysis on everything I buy...from a pair of pants to my cars. When it comes to price, it's all part of the bigger picure. To me, the Enzo's performance is definitely not worth the price, but to others it may be.

Here's how I assess it:

Par of that picture is aesthetics. I don't find the Enzo to be attractive at all. So that's out.

Part of that picture is quality. Well, we all know what I think of the "quality" in new cars, nobody wins there. If anything, the Ford gets some advantage here because Italians typically sacrifice overall quality and durability for flair.

Part of that is sex appeal. The Ferrari owns. You'd get 8420938409 times the poon in the Enzo, lets face it.

Part of it is raw performance numbers. Advantage Enzo.

Part of it is the attitude with which it performs. The Ford appeals more to me here with its low-revving supercharged V8. Too bad it's not pushrod.

Part of it is price. At 4x the price of the Ford GT, the Enzo had better be worth it.

Overall, the Ford wins for me because of its price advantage and the way it drives. Most of these criteria are subjective, but then any car at this level is bought as much on passions as on raw hard data and logical thought. The Enzo's styling and price just leave me cold.
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-22-2004 at 01:39 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I appreciate your take on this comparo. It's not that I don't see your side/POV. Certainly, in a cost analysis the Ford does come out ahead. I think your statement where you say, "these cars are as much on passions as on raw hard data and logical thought," is the clincher. There's no debating set beliefs but only room enough for understanding the other POV.

I can hope but probably will never own an Enzo but I like the concept. Maybe snobby but its price and exclusivity is part of the appeal. If you can afford it that makes its, inaccessible for most, price an additional bonus.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    You nailed it, the snobby exclusivity is probably the biggest draw of the Enzo, rather than its performance. It has loads of that...and I have to admit that does appeal to me quite a bit. That same snobby flamboyance is why I like Cadillacs with their foot high fins.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

you cant compare these cars the enzo is way out of the gt's league

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    enzo is the MUCH better supercar, BUT it costs 4 1/2 times as much...and it is NOT 4 times better than the GT.
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Well, I'd say that seeing about how biased this forum is, the average users will vote Ferrari just because it's a Ferrari.

I like the Ford. America has been waiting for a Porsche beater for YEARS. After all, the GT was desigend to beat the 360, not the Enzo. And it did just that.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I see what you're saying but come on, really, the cars are completely different when you break it down. Enzo is F1 inspiried while the GT is more LeMans inspiried. Then you have the fact that the materials used are completely different as well which affects price. Maybe I could agree with you if they were both built out of Carbon Fiber and had big brand new V12s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg
    you cant compare these cars the enzo is way out of the gt's league
    One thing we've all forgotten on this thread is that the Ford GT was made to compete with the Ferrari 360 not the Enzo. Ford even had a 360 on hand while designing the GT to make sure it out performed the 360. Since the 360 is no more, it's closest Ferrari competitor is the F430. I'd love to see the Ford GT and the F430 go head to head on a track.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I second that, seeing as the GT blew the doors of a 360, it would be interesting to see what would come of the F430.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

The Ferrari Enzo is a way more stylish and better performing car than the GT

Stop. Seriously.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by 250 GTO
    The Ferrari Enzo is a way more stylish and better performing car than the GT
    You've been guided on behaviour via PM

You've been warned in threads.

Take this as a LAST warning. Resurrect old threads with inane comments and you will be banned for a day to cool your ardour !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    One thing we've all forgotten on this thread is that the Ford GT was made to compete with the Ferrari 360 not the Enzo. Ford even had a 360 on hand while designing the GT to make sure it out performed the 360. Since the 360 is no more, it's closest Ferrari competitor is the F430. I'd love to see the Ford GT and the F430 go head to head on a track.
    BTT everyone.

Motor trend reviewed the GT and the F430, and proclaimed the GT the winner.

Besides, I've heard rumours of changing the SC pulley on the GT and fetching a 3.0 0-60 time.

Although stock, I'd go with the enzo....again.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Enzo easily...

IMO, the Ford GT was never directed towards 360. The GT came a few years after the 360 was already launched. I've read in motor mags that the F430 is the car that they would choose when compared with the Ford GT even though the Ford GT is slightly faster. That is understandable as we are comparing 4.3 litre V8 against a 5.4 litre V8 with Supercharging. It is a matter of preferences and opinions. I think the Ford GT is a closer competitor to the Enzo than the F430. I would pick the Enzo by a country mile. I find the Ford GT very ugly and "backward" looking but that is just my opionion. I sure other people had other opinions.

Hah! this is just an unfair comparison!
    But anyway my choice would be Ford GT (Definetly!)

Thread Information