Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spied: Nissan Skyline GT-R

Looks very cool. And as for the engine/tranny, have a look at the one in the Renault Nepta
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

does anyone want them to keep with the straight six? i think they have had a good history with it dn why change it? will it be awd or rwd?

It will be AWD. And why change the engine? The RB26 is nearly 20 years old, and is a big, heavy iron block. The V6 will be lighter and they'll be able to put it furhter back in the chassis as it'll undoubtedly be shorter
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

WOW!!! That is sexy.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Looking Gooood!!! Can't wait for the big reveal.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Doesn't do it for me

I find it ugly just like the previous GT-Rs. It will probably have Porsche 911 performance but it just doen't do it for me. It will probably look better when the "masking covers" are not on. What I have seen in mags, they have copied the traditional Ferrari 4 tail lights or close to it.

Yeah but how long have Skylines also had the quad tailights. Its one of their trademarks
    I am the Stig

That looks awesome! It's cleaner than the concept. But I'm guessing it weighs about 4000-4500 lb. I'm not saying it's gonna be slow though.

This is one car I can't wait to see. Anyone know what series engine this is going to have? I mean like VQ and RB series.
    Probably the VQ. Everyone is talking about a 3-3.5L engine which falls inline with the VQ.
    The RB series were all the inline 6 Nissan motors, the VQ are the new high tech, lighter and more compact V6 series. This skyline is most likely to be powered by an engine called the VQ32DETT.

That looks awesome! It's cleaner than the concept. But I'm guessing it weighs about 4000-4500 lb. I'm not saying it's gonna be slow though.
    Current technology can lower the weight using composites and materials which are more economically viable now but also the market has been demandind more in the way of luxuries and equipment that drag up weight also.
    The GTR will be a compromise between performance and meeting as large a market as possible.

Even the GT3 has air conditioning standard nowdays....
    Last edited by P4g4nite; 10-10-2006 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Looks like its going to be one heavy son of a bitch....
    I'm afraid too... And if they don't look out it will be its biggest problem. Can't say much about the looks yet, have to wait for a pic without disguise...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Well the 350Z is about 1550kg and the Infiniti G35 coupe/Skyline GT is about 1600kg. I'd guess that the GTR ends up being around 1650-1700kg.
    I am the Stig

based on how much carbon fiber was on the concept i'd say it can't weigh more than 3400 lbs, and with 480hp it should have no problem going fast
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Car looks goddamm gorgeous, 480bhp sounds like a very very very healthy dose of power! And I just love the industrial-sized quad pipes - whoever decided on that in Nissan is a legend!

I saw a very cool tuned Rx7 today, totally black, tinted windows and all, no spoiler, but a very bassy and loud exhaust, sends shivers down the spine sort. Look forward to a few more of those in new-skyline guise!!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    I am actually really excited about this one coming out, I finally see something I would love to get my hands on and modify modify modify the engine that is.
    If you need to modify that much, the car must be a total crap.
    Why do people immediately talk about modifying when they see a Skyline and they don't do the same when they see a Porsche 911? It's just bad taste or everyone thinks Skylines are made by Lego?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I would modify any car regardless if it was a skyline or a hummer. I personally seem to have a taste in taking modern day fast cars and making them faster. And as for you saying that I people as a whole just think modify that is not what I thought just for skylines. If you ever felt really bored and looked at my past posts I usually always right after a car that has potential is debuted say this tuner plans on doing this or that tuner has already done that to the car with such improvement. I would modify pretty much any decently fast car....not your cup of tea, well its mine. PS I AM FAR FAR FAR FAR FROM A SKYLINE LOVER/MODIFIER, in fact I hated them for a long time. In addition I wouldnt modify the looks only performance modifications, I would keep the body stock to keep a sleeper aspect of it. I believe you jumped the gun to criticize me that fast.
    Last edited by Viper007; 10-10-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Thread Information