Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kia Magentis

Kia Magentis

Kia Magentis #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 02-17-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added picture

"Having a car that sounds like a medical condition isn't going to impress your mates" - Jeremy Clarkson

...and I have to say: I agree with him.

Ah well, it was missing as Hi-Res on UCP. It is not my dreamcar either But me thinks we should include as much cars as possible here. BTW I also posted the Rio

compare photography
    Attached Images Attached Images
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Ah well, it was missing as Hi-Res on UCP. It is not my dreamcar either But me thinks we should include as much cars as possible here. BTW I also posted the Rio
    I agree with you, I'm personally looking for Hi-res pictures of Vauxhall Vectras (I personally consider them to be a very good car) but can't seem to find any, especially unmodified cars (I'm not interested in cars with stupid, ugly bodykits).

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I agree with you, I'm personally looking for Hi-res pictures of Vauxhall Vectras (I personally consider them to be a very good car) but can't seem to find any, especially unmodified cars (I'm not interested in cars with stupid, ugly bodykits).
    you quoted jeremy clarkson on the kia magentis, i dare you to quote him on the vectra clivey i think kias are getting better. The european made Ceed is a seriously competitive C-segment hatch
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    you quoted jeremy clarkson on the kia magentis, i dare you to quote him on the vectra clivey i think kias are getting better. The european made Ceed is a seriously competitive C-segment hatch
    So you read my reply on the Vectra front? Care to respond? Lol.

I think Clarkson has moments of utter genius (see his book "I Know You Got Soul") but also as I carefully worded when responding about the Vectra, I think he has moments of sheer bigotry and idiocy.

I've found just about everything he's said about any model of Vectra to be incorrect or just plain lies. In fact, that seems to be a common occurence when JC talks about Vauxhalls. I'm suprised that he actually admitted that the VX220 was the most fun car of 2003, and fully expected him to find a stupid reason to give the award to another vehicle.

As far as KIA is concerned, the C'eed actually looks suprisingly good, although I've not seen the interior yet...it's just that the Magentis is easily outclassed, even when it sells at bargain basement prices. You're better off buying an equivalent used vehicle from another manufacturer at the same price.

So you read my reply on the Vectra front? Care to respond? Lol.

I think Clarkson has moments of utter genius (see his book "I Know You Got Soul") but also as I carefully worded when responding about the Vectra, I think he has moments of sheer bigotry and idiocy.

I've found just about everything he's said about any model of Vectra to be incorrect or just plain lies. In fact, that seems to be a common occurence when JC talks about Vauxhalls. I'm suprised that he actually admitted that the VX220 was the most fun car of 2003, and fully expected him to find a stupid reason to give the award to another vehicle.

As far as KIA is concerned, the C'eed actually looks suprisingly good, although I've not seen the interior yet...it's just that the Magentis is easily outclassed, even when it sells at bargain basement prices. You're better off buying an equivalent used vehicle from another manufacturer at the same price.
    just pulling your chain and you forgot to mention how Jc prefers the monaro to an s-type -R. So youve seen shoot-out aswell. The trouble with vauxhall is image, I dont think JC is wrong to say that its fairly unimaginative but his technical judgement is innacurate. he can pick the little things correctly but he is a big badge snob and unfortunately other badge snobs would be the same . have you seen JC's "family car 2000" from "the car years" series back in the late 90s? He is driving a Zafira and says something like "So if this car is perfectly adequate why doesn't it sell so much <camera pans to badge> thats right, its a vauxhall <insert vintage clip of ladies running away screaming>"
    autozine.org

Clivey, I can't quite understand you.

For the last few days you've been ranting about how great Vauxhalls really are. If you like Vauxhall cars, that's fine - but there is no need to tell it in true fanboy style.

Now you are complaing about JC criticizing Vectra. Why do you care what JC has to say about Vectra? Is he an authority for you?
    I've found just about everything he's said about any model of Vectra to be incorrect or just plain lies.
    FYI, the very same Jeremy Clarkson once selected Vauxhall Vectra as "the best car ever". With the argument that any car - even the Vauxhall Vectra - was better than no car at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Clivey, I can't quite understand you.

For the last few days you've been ranting about how great Vauxhalls really are. If you like Vauxhall cars, that's fine - but there is no need to tell it in true fanboy style.

Now you are complaing about JC criticizing Vectra. Why do you care what JC has to say about Vectra? Is he an authority for you?
    Ah, I reject the implication of fanboyism. You see, it's just that in other topics of conversation recently, people coming out with stereotypes have been flamed (e.g. PC v Mac debates - Mainly people [think Rocke was one] complaining about Mac fanboys banging on about Vista "crashing" in the 'States) and rightly so. I'm just sick and tired of seeing the same dumbass comments over and over and over again.

Mainly I've been ranting about people banging on about Vauxhall's image (the Skoda jokes finished years ago, and Seat now have a good image, so why must the Vauxhall piss-takers carry on?). Everyone knows Clarkson is Clarkson and we don't automatically take notice of everything he says, because usually he's more concerned with being humourous than real life. Except of course, when he picks on his favourite scapegoat car manufacturer and everyone suddenly seems all too happy to blindly join in. I'd go as far as to say that a large portion of Vauxhall's image problem in the UK wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Top Gear and a certain Mr.Clarkson. I'm not bothered that Clarkson doesn't like them, just that others take notice of what he says and act as though it's law, even when Clarkson makes the comments for a joke.

I wouldn't mind but a lot of the people I've spoken to that slag cars (not just Vauxhalls) off haven't even driven the car in question, they're just being sheep and following what others say just to look "cool".

I'm just sick of stereotyping like this generally. A couple of weeks ago my college ICT teacher started questioning me (sarcastically) about how I managed to swap files from college Windows based PCs to my Mac, he confessed that due to nothing other than what others had said, he was still under the impression that Macs had different file formats to every other OS. That didn't bother me as I just thought he was being a dumbass, that was until he asked me "Are you doing Graphic Design, then?"

Again, assuming "Oh, he uses a Mac, therefore he must be a graphic designer" - Am I not allowed to select an alternative OS to bloody Windows unless I do Graphic Design or something?

Same thing works the other way around. As others on UCP have said recently, "Why are people still buying Mercedes'? The quality/reliability sucks!" Same for BMWs. Most of my neighbours drive the same car (again, because they're nothing more than sheep and playing immature games of "Keeping up with the Joneses") - a BMW 5-series. I've seen more BMW Assistance vehicles in my street over the past 2-3 years than I have for all other repair companies put together. You tell me what that's pointing to...

In fact, my next door neighbour has a 2004 BMW 520iSE and that's been the worst offender reliability wise. He also has a new Vectra, which he's more impressed with than he is with the BMW. I have more than a strong impression that the only reason they still have the BMW is for it's percieved image. Do you see the problem?

FYI, the very same Jeremy Clarkson once selected Vauxhall Vectra as "the best car ever". With the argument that any car - even the Vauxhall Vectra - was better than no car at all.
    I also saw this on TV...and it was again said as a joke. Clarkson said something along the lines of that it "must be the best car because it gets the majority of people to work etc. everyday" - as a car, he once again slated it.

Yet people still take his jokes seriously and act as though that is the truth about the car. Next thing, people will buy a Koenigsegg CCX as a rival to a Nicorette patch.

The main problem is as I've said, people take Clarkson's jokes as though they're an authority on the car. You asked me if he was an authority for me but it seems as though he is an authority for cars for a lot of people in the U.K. and that's worrying.

Just to let you know how I feel, I could spend the rest of the day banging on about if I bought an Alfa Romeo, I'd never get anywhere because it'd break down. Or, wait...isn't that a Ford GT...?

Oh, I get it now - you are feeling just a little of Weltschmerz here, aren't you?

Cheer up, life is not so bad. In fact, it's bloody brilliant.

Don't you think we are going seriously off-topic here, neither of us has posted any high-res pics of Kia Magnetis...

Oh, I get it now - you are feeling just a little of Weltschmerz here, aren't you?
    "Weltschmerz" = "World pain'? Lol. Not quite. Whilst everyone else bitches about Vauxhalls, I take advantage of the low residuals and bag a bargain!

Cheer up, life is not so bad. In fact, it's bloody brilliant.
    Well maybe for you, I'm actually currently unable to walk. I have a nerve problem affecting my legs, work on friday night triggered it off again. Hopefully I'll get back to normal sometime this week after some rest.

Don't you think we are going seriously off-topic here, neither of us has posted any high-res pics of Kia Magnetis...
    Yeah, but surely you're glad to talk about anything to avoid talking about the KIA Whatsername?

autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    Seen it before but still...WTF!?!? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop Gear
    "I found the problem because I put the gears in '3' and that's why I can't move it."
    LMAO

i dont understand china much, apparently that clip is racist!
    autozine.org

Thread Information