Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodge Charger Experience

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Catch 22 again, if you don't present the new things to the people, they will always keep their prejudice. May be you should start to bring over the Chrysler 300 Diesel.
    I agree completely, I believe the time is ripening for Diesel technology in North America. DiamlerChrysler has have been slowly testing the market reception to Diesel engines. The Dodge Ram and Jeep Liberty Diesel have proven to be great successes. 2007 may signal the release a 2.0L Turbo Diesel being offered in the upcoming Caliber. (Currently scheduled to only be released in Europe)

Plans may be in the works but unfortunately I do not have model information beyond the 2006 lineup at this time. In the coming years it is very possible that you may see more and more models being offered with a diesel option. With enough consumer demand and appropriate customer reaction there may be a sufficient demand to justify an offering.

Personally I would love to see a Diesel power plant offered in the LX lineup. It would provide a good middle ground between the 3.5L HO V6 and the 5.7 Hemi V8 w/MDS. I am sure there are many others out there that could take advantage of the savings a diesel would provide.

Thanks to everyone, your feedback is an important part of our success.

- Dan

Hemistar Contest

Hello again everyone!

I just wanted to remind all of you that Wednesday November 23rd is the day that voting opens up for the next HEMI Star! Be sure to visit the site to cast your vote!

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343
    [email protected]
    Last edited by DodgeInfoCenter; 11-21-2005 at 10:05 PM.

I got to ride in the Dodge Charger Daytona in Go Mango. And it was one of the best ride of my life.
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

And thats all I have to say about that!
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    And thats all I have to say about that!
    Well, it might help if you could briefly mention the other rides that you have had in your life so far
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Dodge Games: Racing For Pinks

Hello all!

A new game has been added to the Dodge Games section on the Dodge website. The name of the game is: Racing for Pinks. The game takes you from urban street races where you begin with the Dodge Charger SE, racing for pink slips and gradually move up in trim level toward the final prize: a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8. Be sure to check out the game by following the link that I have provided below! It's definitely a lot of fun. In the final race, you go head-to-head with another Dodge Charger SRT-8 for drag-strip supremacy!

In addition, be sure to check out Charger Urban Racing!

Dodge Games: Racing For Pinks

Cheers...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4A-DODGE(1-800-423-6343)
    www.dodge.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by DodgeInfoCenter; 12-11-2005 at 02:33 PM.

Sup Miguel...Dude, I love the Charger, old and new.

I had the pleasure of driving the SRT-8 model, and props man. Sounds beautiful. Not quite up to a '69 , but great.
    I'd also like to say, I'm a big fan of the whole SRT series.

In my opinion, I like 'em. Nice sounding engines, good amounts of power, nice styles on the body. I've only seen 2
    Daytona Chargers and 1 Daytona Ram, but they look pretty cool too.

Keep up the good work.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Dodge Games/ 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Sup Miguel...Dude, I love the Charger, old and new.

I had the pleasure of driving the SRT-8 model, and props man. Sounds beautiful. Not quite up to a '69 , but great.
    I'd also like to say, I'm a big fan of the whole SRT series.

In my opinion, I like 'em. Nice sounding engines, good amounts of power, nice styles on the body. I've only seen 2
    Daytona Chargers and 1 Daytona Ram, but they look pretty cool too.

Keep up the good work.
    Hello F1_Master,

Thanks for the positive feedback! I have yet to get a chance to test drive the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8, but am planning on setting up a test drive relatively soon. As a loyal Dodge Charger enthusiast, can you please let me know what you think of the Dodge Racing for Pinks game!

Regards...

Miguel M.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeInfoCenter
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!
    Has anyone heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website for more details.

Thanks for your time,

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4-ADODGE/1-800-423-6343
    www.Dodge.com
    [email protected]
    Being a long time Mopar guy i can tell this. The fact that all your current "performance cars" barring the Viper are 4 doors just plain sucks. That is all i have to add.

There it was the new dodge charger. I read the curb weight, tapped on the thin walled fiberglass doors, thought of the 0-60, and abandoned all serious considerations of buying one of these pieces of crap. If you wanted to pump out cheap peices of crap and make a lot of money, you did great.

are there plans for a two door charger?
    take into concideration: a drop top or targa model
    that would be completely madd...................
    also expand your horizen and sell in South East Asia
    American Cars have just started coming in to Singapore (where i used to live) and thats a potentally huge market. ppl with loads of money and little amerian competition. you have to watch out for mercedes beemer and porsche, those are major markets.....
    you really should make a drop top version if funding allows...
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Lol! So Dodge is just going to sit by and wait for someone else to own the diesel market just "waiting for the right moment". You know when that "moment" is there, in other words when an european/japanese company is making the long awaited diesel-breakthrough, you'll "start developing something" to be released in a year or two. Hehe. And people wonder why the American car industry is in trouble! I don't care, since I have no money attached. Keeping their money in your company is what your shareholders will think twice about aswell.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

yes and then there going to make a crappy 'oh snap, we gotta get in this market' concept and there going to make the other guys look way better for the same amount of money
    and continue to screw GM up the arse...
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

I think this s a good way to get more diesels sold in the US:

First of all, get a well developed,reliable, cheap to run diesel engine in your engine line-up. (Preferably for all models.) Then you should start a MASSIVE marketing campaign. Focus should lay on the higher percentage of efficiency of the diesel engine.I think the petrol engine has 32% and the diesel 45% of max. efficiency at the moment(not sure). Also there should be a sporty car with a diesel engine.Make sure the diesel engine offers about the same performance as the other car. Perhaps giving a diesel-engine-discount helps to break the stigma too. People will automatically think, "hey, it isnt so bad actually". This effect will transfer in the cheaper/family cars. Offcourse, your diesel should be state of the art.

I am only nw to driving cars, but in my driving lessons car, lies a 2.0 l diesel engine. (toyota corolla sedan). Once the car was broken, and i had to drive in a petrol car(also 2.0l i believe). The next week, i was glad that i had the diesl back. It certainly had a better feel. If i floored the throttle,the diesel was faster (atleast it felt this way).

The diesel engine should be in the adverts MASSIVELY to get the initail sales. After then it goes automatically. If dodge is the first company to do this, sales might rise quickly, because you are then the only brand, offering a PROPER line-up of diesels. Make the diesel engine look cool and hip is your guys main task !!!

Good luck in the future,
    Sjoerd

Thread Information