Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Members Pictures - NO POSTS WITHOUT PHOTOS!

I need a kilt. Two weeks ago at Sebring... first time out in 12 years, first ever in SWB 2ltr, quali'd 14 of 27. Viddy later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by csl177; 11-04-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I am not drunk in this photo.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

^^^ Of course not since we can see the glass is full, so just a particularly good mood?

some photos of my road trip through the rocky mountains, Jasper, and Lake Louise.

...and the last is an example of how well my wife handles my gun .

Lovely photos, Your missus looks just a bit more comfortable with a rifle than my girlfriend.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Lovely photos, Your missus looks just a bit more comfortable with a rifle than my girlfriend.
    She was uncomfortable at first, but she did well. We were shooting at diet cokes and watching them explode lol.

lol all nub girls seem to hold rifles like that, looks sooo uncomfortable

i.e. girl in the background here, omfg took all day to get the proper stance
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nice trip, Rob... I love Jasper. Hiked up to Marmot Basin a few years ago, spectacular views.
    Those women are gonna get bruised using that technique with any big-bore toys.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol all nub girls seem to hold rifles like that, looks sooo uncomfortable

i.e. girl in the background here, omfg took all day to get the proper stance
    Awkward!

The problem I believe is, both ladies are probably right-handed, trying to shoot left-handed. The second girl is trying get her head over the rifle stock, to sight with her right eye. Tough to do.
    I guess nobody asked her if she was right, or left handed. Some instruction is desperately needed, or some bystander is likely to be perforated.

BTW: The Canadian Rockies and Lake Louise are on my current road trip wish list. For my next trip in two weeks, I am headed up to Yosemite for a few nights. That is a lot closer for me.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    Awkward!

The problem I believe is, both ladies are probably right-handed, trying to shoot left-handed. The second girl is trying get her head over the rifle stock, to sight with her right eye. Tough to do.
    the girl in my pic is actually left handed, that was my second attempt to instruct.
    seems to be innate to lean back and thrust the hip forward, although the others were far better..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I forgot what this glacier is called...

My wife is actually left handed, and despite the awkward holding technique, she still managed to throw wood chips out of the stump that we used to rest the cans on. Not a bad start for her first time with a rifle and an open sight at that. FWIW, that little .30-30 marlin is the shortest, lightest rifle I have, and therefore kicks harder than any of my heavier, larger caliber rifles. I give her props, because that little prick of a gun used to scare me when I was 13. Especially because it used to have a scope on it that once made friends with my face from me not pulling it in tight enough.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the girl in my pic is actually left handed, that was my second attempt to instruct.
    seems to be innate to lean back and thrust the hip forward, although the others were far better..
    She just looks totally uncomfortable and unfamiliar with firearms. The two right-handers you show here seem to be doing just fine. Though I suspect the L-E No.4 Mk 1 .303 shooter, felt worked over after firing a few shots through that old shoulder thumper.

BTW; I have been shooting a lot longer (about 54 years) than I have been driving, about 44 years now and counting.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Nice trip, Rob... I love Jasper. Hiked up to Marmot Basin a few years ago, spectacular views.
    Those women are gonna get bruised using that technique with any big-bore toys.
    Its quite impressive isn't it. Totally worth it to do the full Banff, Lk Louise and Jasper experience. We had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    She just looks totally uncomfortable and unfamiliar with firearms. The two right-handers you show here seem to be doing just fine. Though I suspect the L-E No.4 Mk 1 .303 shooter, felt worked over after firing a few shots through that old shoulder thumper.

BTW; I have been shooting a lot longer (about 54 years) than I have been driving, about 44 years now and counting.
    thats an impressive group. You should hang that picture from all outside corners of your house for any would be burglars to see.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Its quite impressive isn't it. Totally worth it to do the full Banff, Lk Louise and Jasper experience. We had a blast.

thats an impressive group. You should hang that picture from all outside corners of your house for any would be burglars to see.
    Naah! That would negate all the fun if some burglar made it into the house with me in it.
    That was done with my Kimber .45 ACP Custom.

This old fart can still shoot, both firearms & cameras.

Now about planning that Lake Louise road trip?
    Regards,
    Savageduck

Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Thread Information